Michael Schumacher in a coma

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Michael Schumacher in a coma

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:10 pm

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/304867/schumacher-critical-in-coma-after-ski-accident/

Schumacher critical, in coma after ski accident

Michael Schumacher is in a critical condition and in a coma as a result of the head injury he suffered in a skiing accident in the French Alps on Sunday morning, it has been confirmed.

A statement issued by the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble explained that the German suffered a "head trauma with coma that required immediate neurosurgical treatment."

Schumacher, 44, was initially taken to a hospital in the valley town of Moutiers after falling at the Méribel ski resort at around 11am local time, during which he hit his head on a rock.

After initial treatment, he was transferred to the Grenoble hospital, where he is currently situated.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Re: Michael Schumacher in a coma

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Such sad news. I was lucky enough to be on the corner where Schumacher and Hill crashed in 1994 to decide the F1 Drivers World Championship. Hoping for good news, but by all reports isn't not sounding too positive.

Update from the hospital coming up in about 20 minutes.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport