PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Re: No more Adelaide 500 - Super Cars

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:24 pm

Mrs Boon and 9 friends have got tickets to see Robbie on the Thursday before the race....in Melbourne.....+ flights they are about to book.....+ accommodation.....+ spending money.

Lol.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Psyber wrote:
tipper wrote:
RB wrote:I've no interest in motor sport but I wouldn't have thought that up to four days of irritation every year was that much of a burden to bear? Particularly if the race generates crowds and money. At any rate, public roads are closed for all sorts of things these days.

we close king william street every weekend when there are AFL games on at adelaide oval dont we? just as an example

people only complain about things being a problem when they arent personally interested in them.

i go to the V8's every year, so i dont mind the closed roads (probably helps i live north, not east too :) )

From my point of view, we should have left the AFL in Melbourne and kept the SANFL alive at West Lakes! ;)
Mind you that didn't thrill me during the short time I lived on Delfin Island.

I only lasted there 6 months but that was because I was developing Fibromyalgia due to the industrial pollution in the area - it happened to me when I lived in Prospect too. After that I've stayed away from industrial areas.

(Allergic issues run in both my parents families. I'm lucky mine are minimal and avoidable.)

Booney wrote:
Plus, anything that riles up those wharfies in the west after Saturday is fine by me. :lol:

:P
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:48 pm

heater31 wrote:
cracka wrote:Heard on the radio something about getting F1 back to the Adelaide streets. Apparently Chinese GP not going ahead so Adelaide could get one the week after Melbourne's. Might as well have permanent facilities in Victoria Park then.
Won't happen!

Multiple issues, the circuit is FIA grade 3, it's much shorter than in 1995 and looking at it over the weekend further modifications are needed on East Terrace to restore the old section of the circuit. The Lord Mayor will need another ambulance when she faints that the parklands will need semi permanent structures to host motorsport events in March and December!

FIA grades, is just a matter of paying more money to the FIA.
Agreed, it's extremely unlikely to happen, especially for what would most likely be a one year rental of the race.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:25 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
heater31 wrote:
cracka wrote:Heard on the radio something about getting F1 back to the Adelaide streets. Apparently Chinese GP not going ahead so Adelaide could get one the week after Melbourne's. Might as well have permanent facilities in Victoria Park then.
Won't happen!

Multiple issues, the circuit is FIA grade 3, it's much shorter than in 1995 and looking at it over the weekend further modifications are needed on East Terrace to restore the old section of the circuit. The Lord Mayor will need another ambulance when she faints that the parklands will need semi permanent structures to host motorsport events in March and December!

Agreed, it's extremely unlikely to happen, especially for what would most likely be a one year rental of the race.

Isn't the Bend Motorsport Park built to F1 standards
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:41 am

cracka wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Won't happen!

Isn't the Bend Motorsport Park built to F1 standards
No. It's only Grade 2/FIM Grade 1 (bikes) The Shahins have the specifications to make it Grade 1, just haven't spent the money to get it suitable for certification
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport