smoking

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: smoking

Postby Johno6 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 am

or is it just a marijuana pipe?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby goraw » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 am

SJABC wrote:
goraw wrote:really liking this inhaler. having 1 now. surpressed the addiction yesterday and now.

Is it similar to an E-Cigarette ?

dunno what that is mate, but the inhaler is just a nicotine cartrige, which u fit into the plastic inhaler.lasts for about 15 mins which u just use like a smoke but without smoke!! depending how hard u draw in is to how long it lasts. then simply replace the cartridge once done for the next urge.the real test for me will be when i have a drink , but am feeling very confident at this stage.

wonder if the boss would let me down the pub for a test run ;) :lol:
goraw
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby Dirko » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 am

E-Cigarette;

http://www.healthecigarette.com.au/

Here's Katherine Heigl sucking one down*

The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LBT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 am

Constance_Perm wrote:Great stuff mate, good luck with it .. If you're feeling the pinch then jump on here and vent or sign up with the Quitline SMS support system - I'm finding they're making me determined to quit just so I can stop getting all the **** messages they are sending :lol:

I found the SMS message service really helpful, especially if you still have lots of smokers around work or elsewhere it feels like "someone" is giving you some support. Also that added motivation from the messages seemed to help me.
LBT
League - Best 21

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby JK » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 am

LBT wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:Great stuff mate, good luck with it .. If you're feeling the pinch then jump on here and vent or sign up with the Quitline SMS support system - I'm finding they're making me determined to quit just so I can stop getting all the **** messages they are sending :lol:

I found the SMS message service really helpful, especially if you still have lots of smokers around work or elsewhere it feels like "someone" is giving you some support. Also that added motivation from the messages seemed to help me.

Yeah it's a great service, I didn't mean to come across as if I was knocking them .. I have a thoroughly new found appreciation for the Quit foundation, and they seem genuinely dedicated to helping people quit.

I failed Champix twice (but I know of several people who quit successfully by using them) which I thought was my best hope .. Never thought I possessed enough will/want power, or that NRT products and the Quitline would be able to help so much.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 am

Still don't understand why so many young fellas smoke even with all of effects regarding smoking well known. Especially when they know people that have had lung cancer.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Il Duce » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:03 am

I was a 15 smokes a day person and I'm 28 year old father of 3.

August 15th I collapsed in tafe spent a week in hospital found a whole list of medical problems with blockage in the right kidney, thick wall around the heart etc, anyway while going for all these test they discovered bladder cancer which they said was caused from smoking. I hadn't had a smoke since I collapsed (i was in the cardio wing no way i was gonna be aloud to have a smoke) and they started me on a nicotine inhaler and I have slipped up once or twice since then but in I almost completley off the inhaler all together and my breathing has improved so in all reality quitting is the best thing to do but you have to be ready to do it otherwise it will never work.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness