RUOK? Day

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: RUOK? Day

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm

I am much better than I was this morning after a big night :vom:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Squids wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'm ok. Just booked an interview with a man to discuss the history of bung fritz. SA Heaps Good.

all lips and no a***holes

That's the one. That's the motto of the Bung Fritz Club Appreciation Society of South Australia, of which I'm a member ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Squids wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'm ok. Just booked an interview with a man to discuss the history of bung fritz. SA Heaps Good.

all lips and no a***holes

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I can't wait to read about that! I asked a girl behind the deli counter at Woolworths in Virginia recently what exactly was bung fritz and she said she thought it was "like, you slice it and bung between two slices of bread for a cheap sandwich." I was appropriately gobsmacked. I wonder if she is okay today?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:58 pm

ruok dedja...? ;)
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Anyone see the documentary on 4 Corners earlier in the week?

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/ ... 584646.htm

It is about a community in Victoria that has been hit by a number of suicides to young people. I would recommend watching. Talking or bringing up suicide is not everyone's cup of tea and it may or may not help those considering it. I don't know. All I know is when it is too late you wish you brought it up, it might have made a difference.

RUOK? Day is a good initiative. As much as you'd love to be happy and joking around all the time, sadness and depression are a part of life and people need other people to help them through this sometimes.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah, I'm glad it was RUOK Day because it reminded me about the online resources available, and I needed them because today has been the most s*** day I've had in a very long time. I'd buggered up my SNRI the day before and that will throw me out moodwise for a good 48 hours. I had bad anxiety and ended up taking Valium just so I could walk out of the house this morning. Then I kept seeing RUOK updates pop up on my Facebook so I thought fair enough, and looked up the website and found a lot of useful links. Generally I know these websites exist, but when I have a really awful day I forget about them and just want to go and pour a bottle of wine down my throat. Which, as I've recently given up drinking (again, yes, but I'm going to keep trying until I get there), would not be ideal. Today I sat down and read other people's stories and did a bit of CBT and felt much more myself again. But what really helped was in the arvo when I took my kids to the playground after school. We stayed there for nearly two hours and the boys got me to come on all the equipment with them, and I had the best time. It did far more for my depression and anxiety than the Valium, that's for certain. We're going to go again tomorrow if the weather's nice, and bring some bread to feed the ducks this time.

So I'm OK now, and I hope you all are too, but if you're not, have a vent - or if you like you can chuck us a PM, I'm more than happy to listen. :)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:19 am

Squids wrote:I was walking past some units on Anzac Highway this morning. Some elderly guy was sitting on the steps with a carton of red tins while having a smoke. Clearly this man was okay.

He could have been better. He could have had green label bottles instead of red tins. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Yeah, I'm glad it was RUOK Day because it reminded me about the online resources available, and I needed them because today has been the most s*** day I've had in a very long time. I'd buggered up my SNRI the day before and that will throw me out moodwise for a good 48 hours. I had bad anxiety and ended up taking Valium just so I could walk out of the house this morning. Then I kept seeing RUOK updates pop up on my Facebook so I thought fair enough, and looked up the website and found a lot of useful links. Generally I know these websites exist, but when I have a really awful day I forget about them and just want to go and pour a bottle of wine down my throat. Which, as I've recently given up drinking (again, yes, but I'm going to keep trying until I get there), would not be ideal. Today I sat down and read other people's stories and did a bit of CBT and felt much more myself again. But what really helped was in the arvo when I took my kids to the playground after school. We stayed there for nearly two hours and the boys got me to come on all the equipment with them, and I had the best time. It did far more for my depression and anxiety than the Valium, that's for certain. We're going to go again tomorrow if the weather's nice, and bring some bread to feed the ducks this time.

So I'm OK now, and I hope you all are too, but if you're not, have a vent - or if you like you can chuck us a PM, I'm more than happy to listen. :)

Well, there you go. That answers my questions about the value of a facebook post but no direct conversation.
I noticed you on FB a bit yesterday, Fisho. I'm glad it helped.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby scoob » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am

Booney wrote:
Squids wrote:I was walking past some units on Anzac Highway this morning. Some elderly guy was sitting on the steps with a carton of red tins while having a smoke. Clearly this man was okay.

He could have been better. He could have had green label bottles instead of red tins. :D

VB?!?!?!?!

Seriously though if you can feel yourself slipping into a pretty shitty place - go out for a run / walk or a ride, some exercise can do wonder for our minds and release some nice endorphins etc.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 am

scoob wrote:
Booney wrote:

VB?!?!?!?!

Seriously though if you can feel yourself slipping into a pretty shitty place - go out for a run / walk or a ride, some exercise can do wonder for our minds and release some nice endorphins etc.

Pale..! Yes, I agree.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Been liked: 10755 times

Postby smac » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:46 am

That's done.

Hopefully you'll all be fine until next year when we're all reminded to ask again!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MW » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:41 pm

RUOK?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:01 pm

MW wrote:RUOK?

Nope. I'm hungover as ****. On my 5th cyclone and just smashed down a parmi. Hopefully I'll be better soon. Got a few clients in this arvo
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:41 am

Such an important day. Always available for a chat if needed. Never suffer alone.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:31 am

I'll always listen.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach