Duromine vs Professional athlete

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Duromine vs Professional athlete

Postby cheetah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 am

My mate, we will call him drago. Is going 2 document(with my help) his weight loss on duromine. It will show details of his body transformation over 3 months. He will honestly detail fluid and food intake. Plus post side effects. Exercise he does. I dont know if i am allowed 2 do this on here. Hopefully you guys will find it interesting. Body fat % will also be measured plus basic observations.
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Re: Duromine vs Professional athlete

Postby MatteeG » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am

cheetah wrote:My mate, we will call him drago.

Ivan?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby cheetah » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Drago will start in about 1 week. His Doctor is on holidays. plus organize obs and food and fluid charts, will take time
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby cheetah » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 am

Start day will be this friday. Drago is 98kgs at the moment. Will post photos for proof with days paper. Will look 2 get 2 80kgs in 3 months. Doctor doesnt do skin fold test. Does anybody have suggestions were 2 get this done? BP at docs 133/89 pulse 64. Doctor very clear about good eating habits. He was also quite clear always see a doctor first, before starting any weight loss/exercise program! Drago will start with some basic walking, riding, lite weights. His goal is 2 get up 2 a 10km run under an hour. Apollo (Mate who shed 30kgs) is helping with ideas and encouragement. please feel free 2 post some tips. Remember he is not a professional athlete.
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby smac » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 am

Apollo and Drago? This can't end well.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby kickinit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 am

cheetah wrote:Start day will be this friday. Drago is 98kgs at the moment. Will post photos for proof with days paper. Will look 2 get 2 80kgs in 3 months. Doctor doesnt do skin fold test. Does anybody have suggestions were 2 get this done? BP at docs 133/89 pulse 64. Doctor very clear about good eating habits. He was also quite clear always see a doctor first, before starting any weight loss/exercise program! Drago will start with some basic walking, riding, lite weights. His goal is 2 get up 2 a 10km run under an hour. Apollo (Mate who shed 30kgs) is helping with ideas and encouragement. please feel free 2 post some tips. Remember he is not a professional athlete.

Only time I'd get him to do light weights is in the first 2 weeks see if anything hurts get use to working out. After that he should be going heavy, there's no point in working out if he is going to be doing light weights.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby cheetah » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:43 pm

thank you for biting kickinit you have shown you are like a deer with no eyes!You have No *#@!ing idea! Keeping low weights at high reps will help lose body weight. You are a real dud. Please please dont post on this sight as you show you are as intelligent as a mung!
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:51 pm

But how will he get shredded for Stereos if he's only doing light weights?
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby kickinit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Seriously you have no idea if you want to keep reading bro science keeping doing that. Idea rep range is 8-10 reps for more strength training you are looking at 4-6 reps. Also keeping your rest periods to 30-60seconds in doing super sets drop sets and triple drop sets all help with muscle fatigue. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit plan and simple. Without a calorie deficit you are not going to lose weight, doesn't matter how much cardio or weight training you do you are not going to lose weight with outa calorie deficit. Before you have a go at me maybe you should do some research on the topic and not this crap personal trainers use to make you think it's the best way.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:08 pm

If I want to lose weight, do I need a calorie deficit?
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby Jase » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 pm

kickinit wrote:Seriously you have no idea if you want to keep reading bro science keeping doing that. Idea rep range is 8-10 reps for more strength training you are looking at 4-6 reps. Also keeping your rest periods to 30-60seconds in doing super sets drop sets and triple drop sets all help with muscle fatigue. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit plan and simple. Without a calorie deficit you are not going to lose weight, doesn't matter how much cardio or weight training you do you are not going to lose weight with outa calorie deficit. Before you have a go at me maybe you should do some research on the topic and not this crap personal trainers use to make you think it's the best way.

There is a very good chance I am going to regret asking this... but here it goes...

I remember a while ago it was raised by someone that if a person was eating a packet of Tim Tams and two lots of dessert every night they could lose weight by cutting that down to 1/2 a pack and 1 dessert. You disagreed with them, but I have to ask...

If a person weighs say 120Kg (steady) and their daily calorie intake was reduced by the 1/2 a pack of Tim Tams and 1 dessert would they lose weight?

Serious question. If they are maintaining the weight at 120Kg with the full pack and 2 desserts, would cutting that in half cause them to lose weight?

As I said, I don't know and I'm just asking...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:But how will he get shredded for Stereos if he's only doing light weights?

Classic!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm

cheetah wrote:Keeping low weights at high reps will help lose body weight.

Not exactly. That would be about the least efficient form of exercise if your goal was to lose weight.

Weight training in general is not a very efficient form of exercise for weight loss, however, performing compound exercises with heavy weight at low repetition and minimal rest inbetween sets will yield the best results (and, as a bonus, will improve your strength).
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:If I want to lose weight, do I need a calorie deficit?

Basically, yes.
Q.
Coach

Postby cheetah » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Duds please get off this sight. You guys have shown you are idiots! Proof will be in the pudding! High reps with low weights keep heart rate in ideal rhythem. Dirk you are a prop dud @#%* off! This sight is for the Aussie battler. Mums and Dads out there that have a tendancy 2 snack compulsively and dont have the knowledge of Kickinit, Q and Dirk who are obivously pro athletes.
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby kickinit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm

So I've just found out that cheetah is a personal trainer at a Jett's gym. This explain all of his bro science
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:35 pm

kickinit wrote:2 weeks see if anything hurts get use to working out. After that he should be going heavy, there's no point in working out if he is going to be doing light weights.

Not sure that is correct..

I would be advising lighter weights. Only time heavier weights is if he actually wants gains, and even then he should ideally have a couple of years of strength training as a pre-req for hypertrophy.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Jase wrote:There is a very good chance I am going to regret asking this... but here it goes...

I remember a while ago it was raised by someone that if a person was eating a packet of Tim Tams and two lots of dessert every night they could lose weight by cutting that down to 1/2 a pack and 1 dessert. You disagreed with them, but I have to ask...

If a person weighs say 120Kg (steady) and their daily calorie intake was reduced by the 1/2 a pack of Tim Tams and 1 dessert would they lose weight?

Serious question. If they are maintaining the weight at 120Kg with the full pack and 2 desserts, would cutting that in half cause them to lose weight?

As I said, I don't know and I'm just asking...

I don't think so.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby kickinit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
kickinit wrote:2 weeks see if anything hurts get use to working out. After that he should be going heavy, there's no point in working out if he is going to be doing light weights.

Not sure that is correct..

I would be advising lighter weights. Only time heavier weights is if he actually wants gains, and even then he should ideally have a couple of years of strength training as a pre-req for hypertrophy.

If he wants to gain muscle he needs to go on a bulk
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm

cheetah wrote:Duds please get off this sight. You guys have shown you are idiots! Proof will be in the pudding! High reps with low weights keep heart rate in ideal rhythem. Dirk you are a prop dud @#%* off! This sight is for the Aussie battler. Mums and Dads out there that have a tendancy 2 snack compulsively and dont have the knowledge of Kickinit, Q and Dirk who are obivously pro athletes.

You're wrong.

Heavy weight, low reps, short rests. It is far, far more efficient in weight loss compared to high reps w/ low weight.

Read the following article if ya can access it:

Effect of exercise intensity, duration and mode on post-exercise oxygen consumption. - Børsheim E, Bahr R.
Q.
Coach

Next

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness