Duromine vs Professional athlete

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: Duromine vs Professional athlete

Postby heater31 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm

kickinit wrote:
Bully wrote:can anyone give me an offical estimate on how many calories are burnt when sitting and standing. DOing google searches brings up mixed results. Like a proper calculator based on weight and height etc?

so your talking about when your sitting behind a desk or what not?

A radio presenter at the ABC in Sydney started presenting his entire show standing up and lost several Kilos over a period of a few months

Can't for the life of me remember who it was though
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 23, 2013 1:26 pm

heater31 wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Bully wrote:can anyone give me an offical estimate on how many calories are burnt when sitting and standing. DOing google searches brings up mixed results. Like a proper calculator based on weight and height etc?

A radio presenter at the ABC in Sydney started presenting his entire show standing up and lost several Kilos over a period of a few months

Not saying its not possible but an experiment like that 'can' have so many flaws and be nothing more than a gimmic.

I would like to know if he changed eating patterns, changed any training he was doing etc etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:39 pm

whufc wrote:
heater31 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Not saying its not possible but an experiment like that 'can' have so many flaws and be nothing more than a gimmic.

I would like to know if he changed eating patterns, changed any training he was doing etc etc.

The way it was reported no he did not make any major lifestyle changes
heater31

Postby kickinit » Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:

never seen any research done on it, but I wouldn't think the calories burned between sitting and standing would be that great to do too much change.

when talking about burning calories it varies from person to person, there is so many factors in the body that change that has a impact on calories. Even calorie calculators are only a guide and every person really needs to find their maintenance level.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:24 pm

kickinit wrote:
heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:

never seen any research done on it, but I wouldn't think the calories burned between sitting and standing would be that great to do too much change.

when talking about burning calories it varies from person to person, there is so many factors in the body that change that has a impact on calories. Even calorie calculators are only a guide and every person really needs to find their maintenance level.

Fit or Fiction: Can Standing Help Me Lose Weight?
heater31

Postby kickinit » Thu May 23, 2013 7:52 pm

heater31 wrote:
kickinit wrote:
heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Fit or Fiction: Can Standing Help Me Lose Weight?

difference between standing and sitting would be zero difference. What you would find the person standing would get uncomfortable and move a lot more, while the person sitting wouldn't be moving at all. you think about the only difference is your knees are bent while sitting. At the end of the day though it isn't going to make you loose weight, the only thing that is going to make you lose weight is a change of diet with a calorie deficit.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Squids » Thu May 23, 2013 9:22 pm

So this is why truck drivers are usually larger gentlemen?
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby kickinit » Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Squids wrote:So this is why truck drivers are usually larger gentlemen?

think that's to do with the crap they eat
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/6/1451.full.pdf

Significant difference in energy expenditure standing (motionless) compared to resting. No significant difference betwen sitting (motionless) and resting in terms of energy expenditure.

Mechanism of this is due to the work of the largest muscle mass within the body (the legs) having to support the body in the standing psoition.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Bully » Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Yes I was meaning that if say I was watching tv and instead of sitting down I could stand up for an hour and lose more weight or burn more calories ?

Or is it just a myth in standing up burns more calories as googling says different or different responses. One I read says 100 burnt per hour compared to sitting in the same amount would burn 50
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Brock Landers » Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 pm

A journal article I recently read (Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise) for a Health and Physical Activity topic I'm currently studying at Flinders Uni states that the
difference in energy expenditure between sitting and standing for an 8 hour work day is 380kcals (60kg person).

The energy expenditure for the minimum recommended daily physical activity is 378kcals.
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Brock Landers » Fri May 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Bully wrote:Yes I was meaning that if say I was watching tv and instead of sitting down I could stand up for an hour and lose more weight or burn more calories ?

Or is it just a myth in standing up burns more calories as googling says different or different responses. One I read says 100 burnt per hour compared to sitting in the same amount would burn 50

You will use more energy if you stand rather than sit whilst watching tv.
However it won't be a great deal more.
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby am Bays » Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Brock Landers wrote:A journal article I recently read (Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise) for a Health and Physical Activity topic I'm currently studying at Flinders Uni states that the
difference in energy expenditure between sitting and standing for an 8 hour work day is 380kcals (60kg person).

The energy expenditure for the minimum recommended daily physical activity is 378kcals.

Hope your Flinders lecturers are giveing you energy expenditure articles to read by van der Ploeg, Withers and Gunn. Flinders Uni had some researchers doing some outstanding work on RMR and energy expenditure in the late 90s early 00s up there on the bottom floor of SSS.

RIP Bobby
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby kickinit » Sat May 25, 2013 2:00 am

Bully wrote:Yes I was meaning that if say I was watching tv and instead of sitting down I could stand up for an hour and lose more weight or burn more calories ?

the problem is when talking about burning calories you can only get a guide rather then an actual figure. There are a lot of factors that determine how your body uses and processes calories. Diet is a huge factor especially in dietary thermogenesis, from research the better results of dietary thermogenesis come from high protein med carbs and low fat.

For me there is also the possibility of weight gain. majority of people when their bored and agitated turn to food as a comfort, so in some people cases they will probably eat more calories after standing then they have burnt. If you can keep control of your diet and it does help you lose some weight then no one can complain about that. But to me instead of changing from sitting to standing why not look for a cheap treadmill and walk instead of standing.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Bully » Sat May 25, 2013 8:12 am

thanks, I don't need a treadmill as the amount of running I do is about 15kms a week over a period of the week, sometimes less and my job is a heavy walking and active job. Was just curious to as if I , like the other night was naughty and had a quite a fatty desert, if I stood up for an hour instead of sitting would it burn off faster than sitting. Yes I know me standing up straight after eating is not going to burn that food off but other I have had, just a compensate I mean
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby kickinit » Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 am

Bully wrote:thanks, I don't need a treadmill as the amount of running I do is about 15kms a week over a period of the week, sometimes less and my job is a heavy walking and active job. Was just curious to as if I , like the other night was naughty and had a quite a fatty desert, if I stood up for an hour instead of sitting would it burn off faster than sitting. Yes I know me standing up straight after eating is not going to burn that food off but other I have had, just a compensate I mean

If your eating healthy and getting the cardio you are a bad meal here and there isn't going to do much, as long as you keep track and don't lose sight of your goal.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:52 am

Is there anyone who hasn't been banned who can give an update?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Squids » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 pm

How did you go in your comp kickinit?
Squids
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:38 am

Squids wrote:How did you go in your comp kickinit?

You won't get an answer, he's been perma-banned.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Squids » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:02 am

Q. wrote:
Squids wrote:How did you go in your comp kickinit?

You won't get an answer, he's been perma-banned.

:( What did he do?
Squids
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness