Dentistry cost?

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: Dentistry cost?

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Finished the last session (new crown and filling) yesterday morning and very happy with the result. As mentioned before Ive had a bit of a phobia with dentists because of the trauma I went through when my front tooth was knocked out when I was 14 (fell face first off a big bin onto concrete).
All sessions were quick, no pain with the fillings/crown, obviously small pricks with the injections.
They were great and their work is fully guaranteed, place was packed with Aussies every day I went there and they're booked out from morning to night even though they do leave some sessions free for walk ups.
All appointments were on time.
Of the $600 I forked out (ended up being a little under, no extra charges), $450 was for the new crown.
My teeth now look great, for those who know me I've had an awful smile for a long time, been embarassed to smile, a mate's already calling me Donny Osmond now! :lol:

I will never go to a dentist in Australia while I can come here for a holiday and get work done cheaper all up. There's a few dentists here and its probably even cheaper if you look outside the main strip but I went to a place called Sea Smile, they have a website.

Anyway, back to the bar for the 6th day in a row! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Well done Wedgie, I'm in a similar boat need to get some work done but dentists terrify me so have been putting it off. Somehow I managed to quite easily get a few fillings and stuff done about ten years ago but it's been too long since I've gotten back on the bike now. I reckon all that stuff would conservatively cost you a good $2,000 here. I think crowns are about $1,300 and fillings cost a few hundred each.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Wedgie wrote: obviously small pricks with the injections.

The anaesthetist was a midget?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote: obviously small pricks with the injections.

The anaesthetist was a midget?

Nah, a ladyboy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 am

Gozu wrote:Well done Wedgie, I'm in a similar boat need to get some work done but dentists terrify me so have been putting it off. Somehow I managed to quite easily get a few fillings and stuff done about ten years ago but it's been too long since I've gotten back on the bike now. I reckon all that stuff would conservatively cost you a good $2,000 here. I think crowns are about $1,300 and fillings cost a few hundred each.

I go to a periodontist in Adelaide and he quoted me $2600 to insert the titanium peg and my regular dentist in Port Pirie quoted me $2500 to stick the crown on it. perhaps I should be talking to my travel agent? Do you need a visa to go to Thailand these days?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Nup. If you stay less than 30 days you dont need a Visa here.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:Nup. If you stay less than 30 days you dont need a Visa here.

Is this all happening in Bangkok Wedgie?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Psyber » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:
Gozu wrote:Well done Wedgie, I'm in a similar boat need to get some work done but dentists terrify me so have been putting it off. Somehow I managed to quite easily get a few fillings and stuff done about ten years ago but it's been too long since I've gotten back on the bike now. I reckon all that stuff would conservatively cost you a good $2,000 here. I think crowns are about $1,300 and fillings cost a few hundred each.
I go to a periodontist in Adelaide and he quoted me $2600 to insert the titanium peg and my regular dentist in Port Pirie quoted me $2500 to stick the crown on it. perhaps I should be talking to my travel agent? Do you need a visa to go to Thailand these days?
They technology varies and if it is the straight pin it is old technology.
In 2003 I had a specially shaped titanium screw - designed after 3D CT scanning of the socket - inserted where I'd lost a front tooth and a temp put on it straight away.
I could eat normally the same day, and it was cheaper than the older technology I'd been quoted for using elsewhere.

I just had to go in to have the final metal-porcelain synthetic tooth bolted on to the peg in place of the temp when it was ready.
A miniature torque spanner was used, then the nut in a hollow at the back of the "tooth" covered with filling material.

The Prosthodontist, Paul Drummond, is still on South Tce.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Nup. If you stay less than 30 days you dont need a Visa here.

Is this all happening in Bangkok Wedgie?

I'm in Phuket mate but from what Ive heard the dentists are cheaper again in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Just checked my bank, it cost me $561.69 all up.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness