My weight loss progress

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

My weight loss progress

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 am

I have been contemplating a blog in regards to my weight loss for that extra bit of accountability and to record everything in the one place. As I am a frequent visitor of the forum, I thought I would throw it up here. I have been going since the start of October 2012 (just before the birth of my son), starting at 147kgs, and plan to be going for a lot longer now.

Unfortunately I had myself written off before I started so I have no pics etc from the very beginning. I started work with Keefy a month ago and here are the numbers from then until now:

Mondy 4/2
Chest - 122cm
Waist - 125cm
Hips – 118cm
Thigh – 70cm
Calf – 45.5
Upper arm – 35cm
BMI – 42.2
Weight – 132.1

Numbers as of 3/3
Chest – 115.5cm
Waist 118.5cm
Hips – 117cm
Thigh – 69cm
Calf – 43cm
Upper arm – 34cm
BMI – 40
Weight – 128.1

I will keep as up to date as possible and will work in 4 week blocks (today being the start of a new block). Any tips, suggestions etc that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. As I like to cook, I'll also add recipes that I really like and that turn out too.

Cheers.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: My weight loss progress

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 am

goood luck!!!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks MT79.

As I am working in 4 week blocks, I have set myself a little goal for the month. Tomorrow I will run on the treadmill for the first time in about 3 years (since I tore my achilles) and run for as long and far as I can for 10-15mins. Each week, I will try this again and see how much the times/ distance change.

I'll post up the results as I go along.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:48 pm

I gave up drinking on October 23. Dunno measurements but I weighed 95kg and I'm a tad under 5'11".
I am now down to 83.4kg as of today and about $2000 richer. Cholesterol down to 3.2, blood pressure down to buggery. My fav trick now is to leave my car or ute outside the pub for a day then drive it home in the hope I go on the bag but I haven't been stopped yet. Curses.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:I gave up drinking on October 23. Dunno measurements but I weighed 95kg and I'm a tad under 5'11".
I am now down to 83.4kg as of today and about $2000 richer. Cholesterol down to 3.2, blood pressure down to buggery. My fav trick now is to leave my car or ute outside the pub for a day then drive it home in the hope I go on the bag but I haven't been stopped yet. Curses.

Fair effort SP. I rarely have a beer anymore which helps too. If I do have one it is only 2 or 3 and probably once a month if that, and that's with having homebrew laying around the house.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:I gave up drinking on October 23. Dunno measurements but I weighed 95kg and I'm a tad under 5'11".

Fair effort SP. I rarely have a beer anymore which helps too. If I do have one it is only 2 or 3 and probably once a month if that, and that's with having homebrew laying around the house.

I've got one can of beer in my fridge and about a dozen good reds in the rack. All been there since October. I have to wrestle almost daily with the urge to have a drink but if I open a red I will guts it all and the new direction will be a thing of the past. Good on you for getting on with it but you sound positive and revved up so I wish you well.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Yeah it's taken a while to get to this position and I could still easily flop so really have to stay positive and having good support around me makes it easier again.

I think the key is, is to still have a little enjoyment every now and then so I enjoy it more when I do.

It's going to be a hard little journey but I'm keen to smash it and be a good role model for my kids.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Sorry Dude » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

My first session of the 4 week block was this morning, and I had a pretty good session.

1km warm up on the treadmill
20mins (5km) on the xtrainer

All of the following were 3x15 @ 25kgs
Bicep curls
Triceps
Chest press
Shoulder press
Standing row

Went for 55mins and burnt 675cals

Pretty stoked with that for a start.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby scoob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

Sorry Dude wrote:My first session of the 4 week block was this morning, and I had a pretty good session.

Bicep curls
Triceps
Chest press
Shoulder press
Standing row

Where are the deadlifts Dude???
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 am

scoob wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:My first session of the 4 week block was this morning, and I had a pretty good session.

Bicep curls
Triceps
Chest press
Shoulder press
Standing row

Where are the deadlifts Dude???

Still in storage. Only have a resistance machine at the work gym. Looking at joining a local leisure centre so I can do a few more different things with free weights etc.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 am

scoob wrote:Where are the deadlifts Dude???

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby scoob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am

Q. wrote:

LOL Gold... the first squirting deadlifter!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 am

scoob wrote:
Q. wrote:

LOL Gold... the first squirting deadlifter!

HAHA. Now that's pushing yourself.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:51 am

So second week in to the current 4 week block. As it is my week usually consits of the following

Monday - Rest Day
Tuesday - Cardio
Wed - Weights
Thurs - Cardio
Fri - Weights
Sat and Sun is all dependant on what we are doing. I try and get a couple of walks or a bike ride in, and usually fit in a resistance session (lots of squats, lunges and situps etc)

I have a meeting with an exercise physiologist and dietician on Monday to help me to be a bit smarter with my food and training.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 am

sounds like you are going well mate

Ive been trying to drop some KG's since i returned to work after xmas holidays.
My week consists of trying to eat no foods thats are processed, leaves me eating fruit, veggies, meat an eggs and only drinking water.
I go see a personal trainer every tuesday night and he rapes me then gives me homework to do on my own during the week. usually only 5mins exercise but gets you sweating and the blood flowing.
Wednesdays I play golf so equivelant of going for a 2-3km walk and same sunday but 18 holes so 4-6km.
On the weekends I am allowed to eat/drink what I like but usually try to eat healthy breakfast and lunch because i tend to knock back a fair few beers some weekends.
I didnt take a reading of what I weighed before but I have dropped a size in my work shorts and also come in a few notches on my belt.

Numbers (eg what i weigh) aren't as important to me, was more being able to complete a footy training and just looking healthier which I definately am starting to look. Still plenty more to be done though.
But if I had to put a number on it I would say Ive lost about 10kg but aerobicly am alot fitter, probs looking to loose a total of 20-25kg in total.
Now summer is over, ill be playing less golf and training for footy more but probs eat a bit worse during winter so hopefully Ill be looking better for my mid season holiday to bali.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 am

Iron Fist wrote:Now summer is over, ill be playing less golf and training for footy more but probs eat a bit worse during winter so hopefully Ill be looking better for my mid season holiday to bali.

Shaping up for another mankini photo shoot?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Sorry Dude » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Yeah things are going really well IF. Had my appointments with the Dietician and Exercise Physiologist (EP) last night, and very happy with the outcome.

Dietician said I was on the right path (considering what I was eating), but changed a couple of little things in the way of how and when I snack. I was to focused on the protein side of snacks and not paying attention to the fats associated with it. So I think I am on the right track in regards to my food now.

EP was good. She looked at what I have been doing and didn't really touch that. Instead she gave me some ideas of what to do at home with some resistance bands, and keep going with the day to day stuff I am currently doing. I go back in June (and a few gym visits in between) to see her where she will have a bit more of a structured plan for me.

So week 3 of 4, so going to have to put in hard before the weigh in Sunday week.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:Yeah things are going really well IF. Had my appointments with the Dietician and Exercise Physiologist (EP) last night, and very happy with the outcome.

Dietician said I was on the right path (considering what I was eating), but changed a couple of little things in the way of how and when I snack. I was to focused on the protein side of snacks and not paying attention to the fats associated with it. So I think I am on the right track in regards to my food now.

EP was good. She looked at what I have been doing and didn't really touch that. Instead she gave me some ideas of what to do at home with some resistance bands, and keep going with the day to day stuff I am currently doing. I go back in June (and a few gym visits in between) to see her where she will have a bit more of a structured plan for me.

So week 3 of 4, so going to have to put in hard before the weigh in Sunday week.

What where your protein snacks?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I was eating a bit too much ham. Now going to concentrate on more fruit and veg and have ham/ turkey etc in my main lunch, being a salad, wrap or sandwich.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm

yeh ham isn't the best choice of protein source. woolworths and coles sell atkins protein bars there good on nutrition and taste pretty good. also do boiled eggs or tin tuna
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Next

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness