Snacks - The Good, The Average and The BAD

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: Snacks - The Good, The Average and The BAD

Postby cennals05 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm not arguing with you about excessive eating. I am simply pointing out that even if you stay under your calorie limit by eating crap, you are eventually going to binge as your body needs certain nutrients. This is what leads to overeating in most cases anyway. Not eating the right food in the first place.

But what would I know I'm only halfway through a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:48 pm

whufc wrote:Please, please, please, please, please don't take this as an attack on your post but me personally (work in a facility that has a health club, not a personal trainer though but does a lot of membership sales, tours etc as part of my role, was 30kg heavier and have now dropped 16% of my body fat and a lot of that is thanks to kickinits advice on lifting, now uses a gym 4 days a week religiously)

Dropping 16% body fat is a huge effort. Well done and i'm glad i've in some way.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 pm

cennals05 wrote:I'm not arguing with you about excessive eating. I am simply pointing out that even if you stay under your calorie limit by eating crap, you are eventually going to binge as your body needs certain nutrients. This is what leads to overeating in most cases anyway. Not eating the right food in the first place.

But what would I know I'm only halfway through a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition.

People don't care much for Science around here ;)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:54 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:Please, please, please, please, please don't take this as an attack on your post but me personally (work in a facility that has a health club, not a personal trainer though but does a lot of membership sales, tours etc as part of my role, was 30kg heavier and have now dropped 16% of my body fat and a lot of that is thanks to kickinits advice on lifting, now uses a gym 4 days a week religiously)

Dropping 16% body fat is a huge effort. Well done and i'm glad i've in some way.

went from 25% body fat to now reading at 9% body fat.

have stuck with your muscles groupings such as chest and bi's and have got results brilliantly.

you were one of the first people i had heard of that combined chest and bi's rather than bi and tri or chest and tri and the more i read and learn about it the combo of chest and bi's is by far the most effective.

my weekly combo if everything goes fine is

Mon- triceps and shoulders
Tues- legs
Wed- chest and biceps
Thurs- day off work spend with kids at home.
Fri- back and abs
Sat- play cricket so count that as my cardio provided i hit runs lol.
Sun- rest
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kickinit » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 pm

cennals05 wrote:I'm not arguing with you about excessive eating. I am simply pointing out that even if you stay under your calorie limit by eating crap, you are eventually going to binge as your body needs certain nutrients. This is what leads to overeating in most cases anyway. Not eating the right food in the first place.

I'm not arguing against eating crap i'm definitely a advocate for eating a healthy well balanced diet, or some will say bro science diet, I couldn't even tell you the last time I eat fast food. But I will argue against binge eating because your not getting certain nutrients. Yes your body needs different nutrients and not having some could very bad for the body. Binge eating is all in the mind. Do a little experiment of going to the shops hungry and then do go again another time but eat before you go. I guarantee you will be more inclined to buy chips and lollies when your hungry over when your not. Eating six meals a day at the same time is one of the biggest things to stop being hungry.

That's good that your doing a degree in nutrition, but my knowledge hasn't come from a text book it's come from actually doing it. And out of all the people I've helped out with there diet and exercise have all achieved their goals.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:08 pm

whufc wrote:went from 25% body fat to now reading at 9% body fat.

Bish, you shredded now.
Q.
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Q. wrote:

Bish, you shredded now.

Not there just yet. Just got a tiny layer of fat on the abs and obleeks I needs to get rid of lol

But im to scared of eating less than i currently am and losing some of the new found muscle i have.

Damn i hate the balance.
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 am

whufc wrote:
Q. wrote:

Bish, you shredded now.

Not there just yet. Just got a tiny layer of fat on the abs and obleeks I needs to get rid of lol

But im to scared of eating less than i currently am and losing some of the new found muscle i have.

Damn i hate the balance.

Add another ab session to tuesday and if at all possible do a fasted cardio session once a week, should be able to burn off that little bit extra fat with out having to adjust calories. With the 2 ab session set different rep ranges say one session look to hit around 6 raps per exercise and the other session look to hit 12 reps.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:02 am

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:
Q. wrote:

Bish, you shredded now.

Damn i hate the balance.

Add another ab session to tuesday and if at all possible do a fasted cardio session once a week, should be able to burn off that little bit extra fat with out having to adjust calories. With the 2 ab session set different rep ranges say one session look to hit around 6 raps per exercise and the other session look to hit 12 reps.

Awesome ill give that a crack, roughly how many ab exercise do u do in an AB workout
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:51 am

about 3-4 but i'll usually do about 6 sets per exercise
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Interesting: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 150057.htm

Mutations within the gene FTO have been implicated as the strongest genetic determinant of obesity risk in humans, but the mechanism behind this link remained unknown. Now, an international team of scientists has discovered that the obesity-associated elements within FTO interact with IRX3, a distant gene on the genome that appears to be the functional obesity gene. The FTO gene itself appears to have only a peripheral effect on obesity.

Now all you need is the one for muscle hypertrophy which we know exists in some cattle breeds. ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Psyber wrote:
Now all you need is the one for muscle hypertrophy which we know exists in some cattle breeds. ;)

Mutated MSTN gene reduces myostatin production. Will be the basis of the new generation of PEDs.
Q.
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:50 am

A quote from Gary Player

Eat breakfast like a king

Lunch like a prince

Dinner like a pauper
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness