What The F***

Anything!

Re: What The F***

Postby harric » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:45 am

MW wrote:I get criticised by my wife for questioning everything whereas her default comment is "it will be fine". Very frustrating.
I am an Engineer...it's my job to analyse everything and do a risk analysis in my head. Can't switch that off at home.
Awful thing isn't it. You can't seem to just look at things for what they are, you for reason want to know how it works, why it was built that way and how to make it better.

Whilst it's great for your mind to think like that turning it off is the real skill.
harric
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:07 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:So, operation swimming hole has been going along nicely at home. Was cleaned on Friday, treated, all good to swim in.

Paving early next week, fence soon after.

Pool installer tells me last week that the solar is going up today, all good, no call Friday from installer working out times so I head off to work this morning as we all do. About 8:30 I message the pool installer to tell him no contact has been made, he says he'll get back to me. Moments later I get a call from an unknown number ( Solar I figure )

Him - "Hey mate, I'm here to do your solar, can I put it up on the flat roof at the back of the shed?"

Me - "Um, where are you mate?"

Him - "Standing at your pump"

Me - "How the **** did you get in? The roller door is locked, the double gates have got pins and zip ties holding them shut."

Him - "Through the double gates"

Me - "Go get in your car, I'll be there soon"

Torrensville to Alberton in about 8 minutes, young lad in a ute parked in my driveway "Your boss here mate" "No", he says "just me"

Me - "So you break the **** into my castle? No correspondence, no heads up, you ring me and tell me you're in my ******* yard?"

Over the next few minutes Zach learnt he'd made a bad life choice. I said to him to give me 2 minutes to cool down and when the roller door opens up he can come around the back. Who the **** does that?

I don't see the big deal. He went in your back yard to do some work. So what?? You need to take a chill pill bro

As I’ve learnt recently it is a bit of a city thing

Having now moved to the country most of the contractors we use around the house (gas bottle refill, gardener, landlord) we request a job and they come at a time of their convienience and let themselves into the backyard if we are not home

When I was living city I would have seen it as big deal, these days I couldn’t care less.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5584 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 am

whufc wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:So, operation swimming hole has been going along nicely at home. Was cleaned on Friday, treated, all good to swim in.

Pool installer tells me last week that the solar is going up today, all good, no call Friday from installer working out times so I head off to work this morning as we all do. About 8:30 I message the pool installer to tell him no contact has been made, he says he'll get back to me. Moments later I get a call from an unknown number ( Solar I figure )

Him - "Hey mate, I'm here to do your solar, can I put it up on the flat roof at the back of the shed?"

Me - "How the **** did you get in? The roller door is locked, the double gates have got pins and zip ties holding them shut."

Torrensville to Alberton in about 8 minutes, young lad in a ute parked in my driveway "Your boss here mate" "No", he says "just me"

Me - "So you break the **** into my castle? No correspondence, no heads up, you ring me and tell me you're in my ******* yard?"

Over the next few minutes Zach learnt he'd made a bad life choice. I said to him to give me 2 minutes to cool down and when the roller door opens up he can come around the back. Who the **** does that?

I don't see the big deal. He went in your back yard to do some work. So what?? You need to take a chill pill bro

Having now moved to the country most of the contractors we use around the house (gas bottle refill, gardener, landlord) we request a job and they come at a time of their convienience and let themselves into the backyard if we are not home

When I was living city I would have seen it as big deal, these days I couldn’t care less.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 am

Bum Crack wrote:
whufc wrote:

Because country folk are more laid back, trusting and trustworthy. Too many conniving pricks in the city.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
whufc wrote:

Because country folk are more laid back, trusting and trustworthy. Too many conniving pricks in the city.

I don’t even have a set a house keys

It’s no hassle coz we don’t ever lock the house
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5584 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 am

whufc wrote:I don’t even have a set a house keys

where do you live??? :-?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

What side of the bed is yours?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

If he told us that, he'd have to start locking his house :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 am

whufc wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

1) Do they have access, as in they don't bust a locked gate open to get in?
2) Would you bust open someones locked gate to get in?
3) I know where BC lives, wouldn't have to drive too far to think twice about going onto someones property unannounced, they might shoot and ask you what you're doing after.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:59 am

A couple of cable ties is hardly a locked gate lol. You city folk. i dunno :)
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:01 am

Bum Crack wrote:A couple of cable ties is hardly a locked gate lol. You city folk. i dunno :)

I imagined you saying that in a Mick Taylor tone.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:04 am

Bum Crack wrote:A couple of cable ties is hardly a locked gate lol. You city folk. i dunno :)

10mm cable ties, even your hands wouldn't break them. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby GMcG » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Booney wrote:

you scared he'd find your lab
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 pm

GMcG wrote:
Booney wrote:

I haven't got any dogs.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Booney wrote:
GMcG wrote:
Booney wrote:

I haven't got any dogs.
But you do have a bit of fluff....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Booney wrote:
GMcG wrote:
Booney wrote:

I haven't got any dogs.

only an attack cat :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:only an attack cat :lol:

Yes, he's finding 10pm-12am a good time to play, unfortunately for him he's a very slow learner.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Booney wrote:

Yes, he's finding 10pm-12am a good time to play, unfortunately for him he's a very slow learner.

Poor bugger, he'll grow out of it eventually.

If you tire him out when you're home, he's more than likely to sleep through the night (either that or take off any bell so you can't hear him tearing around the house :lol: )

Footy Chick

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:

Poor bugger, he'll grow out of it eventually.

If you tire him out when you're home, he's more than likely to sleep through the night (either that or take off any bell so you can't hear him tearing around the house :lol: )

Otherwise you could tie it up to the gate with a few of your spare cable ties if it keeps misbehaving
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Best mates fiancé is days from giving birth to their first, she has kicked him out the house and revealed she banged another guy whilst pregnant, the guy is twice her aged and would be close to 150kgs
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion