Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Yep, its nothing new though, my Dad used to call them temporary Australian's when they flew by the family car back in the day.

Last night I went for a bike ride and approached a roundabout with a motor bike behind me, I checked over my shoulder before I entered it and he was still 30m behind me, as there were no other cars I took the middle line through the round about, the motorbike decided to still squeeze through the gap so we were side by side at the middle point of the roundabout :roll: absolutely no reason to do this, it would have cost him less than 2 seconds to back off the power and pass me as I exited the roundabout into the bike lane.

On the same ride in the twilight I was crossing the big Flagstaff Hill roundabout intersection and a guy in a SUV turned left into Blacks Rd didn't give way to me and missed me by about 10m, he slowed down, wound down his window and profusely apologised to me which I appreciated and gave him the thumbs up. Not sure why he couldn't see me as I'm the size of a sight screen and had my lights flashing but errors do get made.

It seems to be getting worse, I reckon there was a spike in deaths on the road last year for motorcyclists and they just seem to be getting crazier, I seen one Wednesday night as I was went from an 80 zone to a 50 just coming off Jack Cooper Drive and this idiot passed me on my left hand side after exiting a roundabout and then proceeded to do the same to the next 3 cars until the front one went to turn left, he went nuts at him for it!!

Yeah it does seem to get worse, is it cause of current economic conditions that youngsters are buying motorbikes cause they are cheap? Maybe the government needs to increases taxes on motorbike sales and put this into more education
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Yeah it does seem to get worse, is it cause of current economic conditions that youngsters are buying motorbikes cause they are cheap? Maybe the government needs to increases taxes on motorbike sales and put this into more education

It should be mandatory to sit through some accident investigation seminars so they can see how unprotected they are.

It's all about the education, the thrill of it all seems to outweigh the danger.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:49 am

finding out a lad i coached at plympton was taken way to soon yesterday morning on Port Wakefield road :( . Only 28 years old. Wasn't real close with him but had a lot to do with him when i coached him. Real good bloke...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:58 am

That is sad.

Odd place to be at 4am
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:00 am

I came through there yesterday around 11:30am, was some people there investigating and several onlookers with flowers etc. Can't see how they would have been walking there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 am

Brodlach wrote:That is sad.

Odd place to be at 4am

yeah it's a bit odd...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:29 pm

Holden to cease prod of right hand drive cars by the end of the year
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Brodlach wrote:Holden to cease prod of right hand drive cars by the end of the year

Sad but rubbish cars at an overinflated price.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:13 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:finding out a lad i coached at plympton was taken way to soon yesterday morning on Port Wakefield road :( . Only 28 years old. Wasn't real close with him but had a lot to do with him when i coached him. Real good bloke...

SB who was teaching in Port Lincoln? If so was playing footy for my club
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:57 am

westcoastpanther wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:finding out a lad i coached at plympton was taken way to soon yesterday morning on Port Wakefield road :( . Only 28 years old. Wasn't real close with him but had a lot to do with him when i coached him. Real good bloke...

SB who was teaching in Port Lincoln? If so was playing footy for my club

Yeah mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:58 am

The three year old in Cairns. Absolutely gut wrenching.

My wife has worked in early education for 12 years, there are so many systems and procedures in place to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen. How did it all go so wrong?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 am

Booney wrote:The three year old in Cairns. Absolutely gut wrenching.

My wife has worked in early education for 12 years, there are so many systems and procedures in place to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen. How did it all go so wrong?

Was just about to post the article, it disturbed me all night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:29 am

Booney wrote:The three year old in Cairns. Absolutely gut wrenching.

The most disturbing thing for me is this is a centre not far from my sister's house. Luckily for them it is not their closest centre as they have one at the end of their street. But it is still their local area
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:00 am

News coming through now that three people have died in a car fire, including two children, on a Brisbane street this morning. No idea as yet as to the motive, although one might suspect a murder-suicide. No matter why, and particularly when innocent kids are involved, it's absolutely horrific.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:19 am

Magellan wrote:News coming through now that three people have died in a car fire, including two children, on a Brisbane street this morning. No idea as yet as to the motive, although one might suspect a murder-suicide. No matter why, and particularly when innocent kids are involved, it's absolutely horrific.

Must be the day for it in Qld, someone up there just run through 5 cyclists in his RAV 4 and failed to stop :shock:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby MW » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Magellan wrote:News coming through now that three people have died in a car fire, including two children, on a Brisbane street this morning. No idea as yet as to the motive, although one might suspect a murder-suicide. No matter why, and particularly when innocent kids are involved, it's absolutely horrific.

3 kids and their Dad. Mum got out on fire and escaped apparently.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Sounds like he's pulled over, poured petrol in the car and on them then lit it up. The lady ran from the car screaming "He's poured petrol on me" and 4 large explosions followed.

Jesus H.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Read one yesterday where a Gold Coast "mother" had been drugging her daughter and selling her semi-conscious body to a bevy of sick freaks. No lie I nearly threw up reading it. There's some seriously F***ed up individuals out there and whilst I understand it's not my place to play judge, jury and executioner, I do often wonder why sick qunts like that are still allowed to breathe. :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:52 pm

JK wrote:Read one yesterday where a Gold Coast "mother" had been drugging her daughter and selling her semi-conscious body to a bevy of sick freaks. No lie I nearly threw up reading it. There's some seriously F***ed up individuals out there and whilst I understand it's not my place to play judge, jury and executioner, I do often wonder why sick qunts like that are still allowed to breathe. :(

Unfortunately it's these people who have also been through similar situations from their parents themselves...endless cycle that needs to be broken
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:53 pm

JK wrote:Read one yesterday where a Gold Coast "mother" had been drugging her daughter and selling her semi-conscious body to a bevy of sick freaks. No lie I nearly threw up reading it. There's some seriously F***ed up individuals out there and whilst I understand it's not my place to play judge, jury and executioner, I do often wonder why sick qunts like that are still allowed to breathe. :(

Bring back capital punishment for starters.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5454 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion