Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby locky801 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:Mondays after a big 3 days. Even my teeth ache today. :(


wouldnt have anything to do with the Pirate Life Double Pale Ale yesterday ;)
my team stagnant and on the road to nowhere
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 50371
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 2580 times
Been liked: 821 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:16 pm

locky801 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Mondays after a big 3 days. Even my teeth ache today. :(


wouldnt have anything to do with the Pirate Life Double Pale Ale yesterday ;)

Maybe. ;)
This full time employment bizzo doesn't help too.
Miss getting out of bed at 3pm. :lol:
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48980
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1648 times
Been liked: 3478 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:43 pm

Friday evening, set up a script to run over the weekend and started it running.

Got to work this morning to discover it crashed just after I left work on Friday.

Not through any fault of my own, but because someone else yanked the network cable out of the computer.

sigh....
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11312
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1378 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:47 pm

Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11861
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2201 times
Been liked: 1569 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:51 pm

MW wrote:Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.

From netball?
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1135 times
Been liked: 433 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:54 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.

From netball?


I think more likely from football. Like her other knee, it is an old injury she has put up with and been playing with sore for a few weeks.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11861
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2201 times
Been liked: 1569 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:56 pm

MW wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.

From netball?


I think more likely from football. Like her other knee, it is an old injury she has put up with and been playing with sore for a few weeks.

No more Saturday mornings for a while then?
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1135 times
Been liked: 433 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:58 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.

From netball?


I think more likely from football. Like her other knee, it is an old injury she has put up with and been playing with sore for a few weeks.

No more Saturday mornings for a while then?


Nope :( she'll be there watching no doubt.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11861
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2201 times
Been liked: 1569 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:59 pm

Last day of holidays :(
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42716
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1901 times
Been liked: 2904 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Keefy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:Last day of holidays :(
I feel your pain. Am back to work Monday after having 6 weeks off

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:10 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 156 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby locky801 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:44 pm

Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt
my team stagnant and on the road to nowhere
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 50371
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 2580 times
Been liked: 821 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 pm

locky801 wrote:Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt


It never rains it pours.

I wrote my car off three days after spending over 1200 on it - major service and a few other things.

I did get a win from the insurance company though. I paid 9250 and got nearly 15000 for it so all was not lost.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 622 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:43 am

locky801 wrote:Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt

I have a very reliable Corolla sitting out my front yard doing FA if you get stuck.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47888
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3919 times
Been liked: 6951 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt

I have a very reliable Corolla sitting out my front yard doing FA if you get stuck.


Auto/Hatch?

For sale?
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 622 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt

I have a very reliable Corolla sitting out my front yard doing FA if you get stuck.


Auto/Hatch?

For sale?


Yeah, both. Not for sale yet, my son will use it when he get's his P's until he gets his own car.

I'll let you know if I plan to sell it, ideal first car for a teenager.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47888
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3919 times
Been liked: 6951 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm

my home loan interest rate being raised by 1 percent in 3 weeks ( 2 raises of 1/2 a percent) :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26237
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1586 times
Been liked: 2034 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:my home loan interest rate being raised by 1 percent in 3 weeks ( 2 raises of 1/2 a percent) :?

when are we bingoing?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47888
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3919 times
Been liked: 6951 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:when are we bingoing?

How long you bingoing?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14944
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3086 times
Been liked: 3568 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:my home loan interest rate being raised by 1 percent in 3 weeks ( 2 raises of 1/2 a percent) :?

when are we bingoing?


You never asked, Monday nights at the Mawson Lakes Pub I think, if you're keen.

Might not be able to afford it now though ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26237
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1586 times
Been liked: 2034 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
You never asked, Monday nights at the Mawson Lakes Pub I think, if you're keen.

Might not be able to afford it now though ;)

We'll have to get on to it. I'll let you know.

I'm good, due for a win though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47888
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3919 times
Been liked: 6951 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests