Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby cracka » Tue May 21, 2024 11:55 am

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
dedja wrote:Back spasms

:)
Just came on here to post pinched nerves in the lower back. Usually go away after some movement but had to leave work after only an hour this morning. Getting a CT scan tomorrow as am still in pain with tingling sensations down right glute & hamstring.

PS. The reason I put the smiley face is from the drugs I've been prescribed. Woohoo

So after 2 weeks & an MRI, turns out I've got 2 bulging discs & one herniated disc.

4 weeks today & still not much better. Getting an injection tomorrow in the L4/5 disc to hopefully help with the pain so I can at least get back to work soon.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 21, 2024 12:02 pm

Youch, that's not good mate, hope things are on the improve sooner rather than later for you!
Sounds awfully painful. :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cracka » Tue May 21, 2024 3:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:Youch, that's not good mate, hope things are on the improve sooner rather than later for you!
Sounds awfully painful. :(

Cheers mate. It's OK if I'm lying in bed on my back with a couple of pillows under my knees. Within an hour of getting up & doing anything it starts to hurt. I'm on anti inflammatories & nerve blockers which is probably the only reason its tolerable.
cracka
Veteran

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 21, 2024 5:52 pm

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
dedja wrote:Back spasms

:)
Just came on here to post pinched nerves in the lower back. Usually go away after some movement but had to leave work after only an hour this morning. Getting a CT scan tomorrow as am still in pain with tingling sensations down right glute & hamstring.

PS. The reason I put the smiley face is from the drugs I've been prescribed. Woohoo

So after 2 weeks & an MRI, turns out I've got 2 bulging discs & one herniated disc.

4 weeks today & still not much better. Getting an injection tomorrow in the L4/5 disc to hopefully help with the pain so I can at least get back to work soon.

I had an injection in the same spot 9 months ago and the back feels good.
Only really feel it first thing in the morning now.
Should have done it 10 years ago.

Good luck with it coz I know how it feels
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby cracka » Tue May 21, 2024 6:27 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:Just came on here to post pinched nerves in the lower back. Usually go away after some movement but had to leave work after only an hour this morning. Getting a CT scan tomorrow as am still in pain with tingling sensations down right glute & hamstring.

I had an injection in the same spot 9 months ago and the back feels good.
Only really feel it first thing in the morning now.
Should have done it 10 years ago.

Good luck with it coz I know how it feels

Cheers. I've had back problems since I was 16 & got run over by a motorbike while racing motocross. Plus my spine isn't a proper curve like most, it doesn't start a proper curve until L4 which is where the injection is going.
cracka
Veteran

Postby dedja » Tue May 21, 2024 6:34 pm

I’ve always found back issues to be the most painful, so hopefully you can ease that pain and recover soon. Take it easy.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Postby mots02 » Fri May 24, 2024 3:53 pm

Up at 3:45am to get on a 6:00am to Sydney and onto Wellington by mid afternoon to cross off some appointments and a dinner tonight.

6:00am take off turned into 7:00am as the techs needed to check some stuff.... (after they'd already closed the doors and we were about to take off).

Missed the connection to Wellington, so Qantas shunted us quickly onto a flight to Christchurch, and a connection to Wellington later in the day.

Not ideal, but ok i guess.... scheduled to arrive in Wellington at 7:30pm rather than 3pm. Cancelled my afternoon appointments and got over it.

Arrived in Christchurch, no bags (there were 4 of us separately, who were on the same delay and re-route.) All of us told something different in Sydney when they rushed us through, 1 couple told to collect your bags in Christchurch, me and another guy told that they would go straight through to Wellington...... which i'm now told they 'hopefully' will, and 'hopefully' on the next Syd - Wel flight which gets in at Midnight tonight.

If it doesn't i'm going to look and smell pretty rank presenting at a conference first thing tomorrow morning!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 906 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mots02 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:55 pm

Updates…. Flight from Christchurch to Wellington now delayed by 2 hours.

Would have been easier at this rate to stay in Sydney all day with my bags
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 906 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Psyber » Sun May 26, 2024 4:18 pm

Psyber wrote:This site has become very slow. I'm dropping in less and less often...
I could go to the loo for a pee while something I post finally gets loaded and opens.

It used to be quite prompt a year or so ago. I'm not sure how much of the problem is changes to the site security itself or all the ads, or how much is increased security in the browsers. I've tried with Firefox, Vivaldi, and Opera but there is not much difference.

UPDATE: I've managed to block the ads using Firefox, but the post loading time is still rather slow, though better than it was...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby amber_fluid » Sun May 26, 2024 7:19 pm

The arsehole who murdered a mum and daughter in Perth!
Then killed himself the gutless prick!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 27, 2024 11:06 am

The wife and daughters’ ability to embed screws and nails into their tyres.

Might be cheaper to invest in a Bob Jane’s. :shock:

~X(
dedja
Coach

Postby tipper » Mon May 27, 2024 2:07 pm

dedja wrote:The wife and daughters’ ability to embed screws and nails into their tyres.

~X(

was literally coming in to post similar.

2 different cars, 2 different tyres this weekend alone. rear right on the fiesta, rear left on the tiguan. neither went flat thankfully

although i blame tradies. obviously all getting paid too much when they dont care how many screws and tools bounce out of their utes all over the roads

ill go you halves in a tyre shop?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby dedja » Mon May 27, 2024 3:02 pm

tipper wrote:
dedja wrote:The wife and daughters’ ability to embed screws and nails into their tyres.

~X(

2 different cars, 2 different tyres this weekend alone. rear right on the fiesta, rear left on the tiguan. neither went flat thankfully

although i blame tradies. obviously all getting paid too much when they dont care how many screws and tools bounce out of their utes all over the roads

Done :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:23 pm

mots02 wrote:Up at 3:45am to get on a 6:00am to Sydney and onto Wellington by mid afternoon to cross off some appointments and a dinner tonight.

6:00am take off turned into 7:00am as the techs needed to check some stuff.... (after they'd already closed the doors and we were about to take off).

Missed the connection to Wellington, so Qantas shunted us quickly onto a flight to Christchurch, and a connection to Wellington later in the day.

Not ideal, but ok i guess.... scheduled to arrive in Wellington at 7:30pm rather than 3pm. Cancelled my afternoon appointments and got over it.

Arrived in Christchurch, no bags (there were 4 of us separately, who were on the same delay and re-route.) All of us told something different in Sydney when they rushed us through, 1 couple told to collect your bags in Christchurch, me and another guy told that they would go straight through to Wellington...... which i'm now told they 'hopefully' will, and 'hopefully' on the next Syd - Wel flight which gets in at Midnight tonight.

If it doesn't i'm going to look and smell pretty rank presenting at a conference first thing tomorrow morning!

Get good corporate travel insurance mots
You can buy a new outfit \:D/
If you always wear nice clothes you get the same
I scored a new pair of RMs and MJ Bale jacket / pants on my last trip

We will also reimburse for the essential replacement of clothing and toiletries
in instances where baggage is delayed, misdirected or temporarily mislaid by
the transport carrier for more than eight (8) consecutive hours.

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1086 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby dedja » Mon May 27, 2024 6:44 pm

dedja wrote:
tipper wrote:

~X(

Picked up my wife’s tyre this afternoon, no charge for a puncture repair. This is the 3rd time they haven’t charged me in the last few months, so maybe hold off on my half. :D
dedja
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 29, 2024 3:47 pm

Bakeries that cant get the sauce into a pasty. I expect it from junior staff and specifically ask to make sure there is lots but senior staff should know better and have their technique down pat.
Dont get me started on bakeries that only offer the squeeze sauce sachet, i immediately walk out of them.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby laser » Thu May 30, 2024 10:50 am

I see Larry Emdur is still in trouble!
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 30, 2024 11:25 am

laser wrote:I see Larry Emdur is still in trouble!

unbelievable. SAfooty with the breaking news.... For the past couple of months
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 30, 2024 11:48 am

laser wrote:I see Larry Emdur is still in trouble!

My puter is lagging - Its still on Richard Wilkins
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1086 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tipper » Thu May 30, 2024 2:57 pm

dedja wrote:
dedja wrote:
tipper wrote:

~X(

Picked up my wife’s tyre this afternoon, no charge for a puncture repair. This is the 3rd time they haven’t charged me in the last few months, so maybe hold off on my half. :D

think i still need to look into buying a tyre shop...

parked today in a high rise car park opposite the wifes work. no puncture yet, but there was scattered hardware all over the area, and some of it looked suspiciously like whats been removed from previous punctures. i think ive found the source of our issues. bastards.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion