I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:Well, there you go. Better batten down the hatches if you're in Honkers.

I'd be leaving, by any means possible.

Satellite photos show what appear to be Chinese armoured personnel carriers and other military vehicles across the border from Hong Kong.

Parked in a sports complex in the city of Shenzhen, the deployment has been interpreted as a threat from Beijing to use increased force against pro-democracy protesters.

The pictures, collected on Monday by Maxar’s WorldView, show 500 or more vehicles sitting on and around the soccer stadium at the Shenzhen Bay Sports Centre.

The military force is just across the harbour from the Asian financial hub that has been rocked by near-daily street demonstrations.

It a Rex Hunt voice "How many tanks is the Shenzen Housin?"
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Know any truckies, I piss myself when they go with cock..
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Booney wrote:No, you can't fit a tank into an airport but you can put a tank where an airport ( and protesters ) used to be.

I don't think the Chinese will go as far as damaging the airport (presumably that's one reason why they're protesting there, as well as raising the profile of the democracy cause) if they go the nuclear option, instead they'll flush them out onto the streets and round them up from there.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:No, you can't fit a tank into an airport but you can put a tank where an airport ( and protesters ) used to be.

I don't think the Chinese will go as far as damaging the airport (presumably that's one reason why they're protesting there, as well as raising the profile of the democracy cause) if they go the nuclear option, instead they'll flush them out onto the streets and round them up from there.

Which is already happening....

Hong Kong’s anti-government protesters learned on Wednesday that the Airport Authority had secured an interim court injunction order to ban them from Hong Kong International Airport after a mass sit-in that lasted for five days, cancelling hundreds of flights and descending into clashes with police on Tuesday. Although the court order does allow the protesters to remain in two designated areas in the arrivals hall, the authority said it was unlikely to grant such requests in the short term.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Which is already happening....

Hong Kong’s anti-government protesters learned on Wednesday that the Airport Authority had secured an interim court injunction order to ban them from Hong Kong International Airport after a mass sit-in that lasted for five days, cancelling hundreds of flights and descending into clashes with police on Tuesday. Although the court order does allow the protesters to remain in two designated areas in the arrivals hall, the authority said it was unlikely to grant such requests in the short term.

Ah yes, I saw that too. Of course, I'm sure the Hong Kong judiciary are a fair and independent body who aren't influenced by anyone.

All the pieces are starting to fit, aren't they? I can hear President Xi quoting Hannibal from the 'A-Team':

Last edited by Magellan on Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Yep, there's bloodshed ahead and the rest of the world will just watch on......sad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Booney wrote:Yep, there's bloodshed ahead and the rest of the world will just watch on......sad.

Hang on, Trump's offered via Twitter to sit down with Xi and work things out with him:

Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:Yep, there's bloodshed ahead and the rest of the world will just watch on......sad.

Hang on, Trump's offered via Twitter to sit down with Xi and work things out with him:

He's a **** wit, nobody else could refer to communism as a "tough business".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

It's not Don's fault.... he is an American, and the English language is foreign to them...... He's no Churchill!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I also liked the 'he has the respect of his people' bit.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

It's not Don's fault.... he is an American, and the English language is foreign to them...... He's no Churchill!

Winston was an arsehole as well.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:08 pm

^ yeah but at least he could string a few words together.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Mind you, he might convince Xi into a 'personal meeting' if its meant to be anything like the parties he attended in the 90's with Jeffrey Epstein and David Boon/Alan Lamb.

Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Corona Man wrote:^ yeah but at least he could string a few words together.

Fair point, he ain't as great the Poms think though.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

I need to know if anyone knows the story with the 3 or 4 cars that are permanently parked on the side of Glynburn Road, just before The Feathers hotel, opposite the Leabrook OTR. One is a jaguar with a personalised number plate, AFC-000? They've been there for a few years now!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1671 times
Been liked: 652 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I need to know if anyone knows the story with the 3 or 4 cars that are permanently parked on the side of Glynburn Road, just before The Feathers hotel, opposite the Leabrook OTR. One is a jaguar with a personalised number plate, AFC-000? They've been there for a few years now!

Can't say I've ever noticed - I bet I will now though :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I need to know if anyone knows the story with the 3 or 4 cars that are permanently parked on the side of Glynburn Road, just before The Feathers hotel, opposite the Leabrook OTR. One is a jaguar with a personalised number plate, AFC-000? They've been there for a few years now!

I only drive my Jag when I'm heading through the hills.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby JK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Psyber?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Corona Man » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Is BennyMacca ok?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:23 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Can't say I've ever noticed - I bet I will now though :lol:

Yep, it was there yesterday too
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion