Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Grenville » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Grenville wrote:Greyhound Adoption Day at Angle Park. We now have another furry edition to the household.

For those people thinking about the possibility of getting a greyhound these days are well worth a look. There's always plenty of dogs with their foster families you can ask any questions you might have, and I can assure you, once you've got yourself a greyhound you won't regret it. Magic animals, kid friendly, docile, soft as muck (my eldest regularly paints our first acquisitions nails whilst he lays on his bed) and bar the twice a day mad 5 minutes where they tear round your backyard like a Maserati are generally as lazy as Inzamam Ul Haq running between the wickets. We got our first earlier this year, haven't regretted it for a minute, and now have a playmate. Do yourself a favour.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Grenville wrote:
Grenville wrote:Greyhound Adoption Day at Angle Park. We now have another furry edition to the household.

For those people thinking about the possibility of getting a greyhound these days are well worth a look. There's always plenty of dogs with their foster families you can ask any questions you might have, and I can assure you, once you've got yourself a greyhound you won't regret it. Magic animals, kid friendly, docile, soft as muck (my eldest regularly paints our first acquisitions nails whilst he lays on his bed) and bar the twice a day mad 5 minutes where they tear round your backyard like a Maserati are generally as lazy as Inzamam Ul Haq running between the wickets. We got our first earlier this year, haven't regretted it for a minute, and now have a playmate. Do yourself a favour.

Well done, Grenville.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:19 am

How well I've surprisingly pulled up today after yesterday's alcohol consumption.
I should not be feeling this chipper!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5525 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:27 am

Spargo wrote:How well I've surprisingly pulled up today after yesterday's alcohol consumption.

x2 - I behaved on Saturday ( took my old car on a cruise Saturday night ) and had a crack yesterday. Anything wrong with being thirsty at 8:30 on a Sunday? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Alaska » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29 am

Grenville wrote:

Yes highly recommended, my son has just adopted one. They come around after work for the 5 min F1 run as I have a huge yard. My dogs just stop and stare as this thing really motors. After this it sleeps the rest of the time. It does have a shoe fetish though, so shoes are now in cupboards.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:How well I've surprisingly pulled up today after yesterday's alcohol consumption.

x2 - I behaved on Saturday ( took my old car on a cruise Saturday night ) and had a crack yesterday. Anything wrong with being thirsty at 8:30 on a Sunday? :lol:

Not when it is that warm!
I was contemplating one at 10-30, but though better get some work done around the house first...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:04 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I was contemplating one at 10-30, but though better get some work done around the house first...

I held out, had one at 9:30 while I got the bacon and eggs on the bbq. :lol:

*Edit*

Mrs Boon might still be dizzy this morning, the way she was rolling her eyes through the kitchen window. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 am

I remember one Sunday when my eldest was only a few weeks old and she'd had a bad night sleeping. I'd been up since 3:30am trying to get her back down and finally succeeded around 6am. I thought bugger going back to bed and started cooking. Put a Weber roast on, had the bread maker going then decided I'd make a lasagne. Everything going smoothly, dishes done, glanced over at the bottle of red I'd opened for the meat sauce in the lasagne and thought "why not?"
Having my first quaff and in walks the bride.
"What the hell are you doing? It's 7:45 on a Sunday morning!"
Arguing I'd been up nearly 4 hours didn't work :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5525 times
Been liked: 5160 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am

Spargo wrote:I remember one Sunday when my eldest was only a few weeks old and she'd had a bad night sleeping. I'd been up since 3:30am trying to get her back down and finally succeeded around 6am. I thought bugger going back to bed and started cooking. Put a Weber roast on, had the bread maker going then decided I'd make a lasagne. Everything going smoothly, dishes done, glanced over at the bottle of red I'd opened for the meat sauce in the lasagne and thought "why not?"
Having my first quaff and in walks the bride.
"What the hell are you doing? It's 7:45 on a Sunday morning!"
Arguing I'd been up nearly 4 hours didn't work :lol:

While we were out Saturday night on the run I kept smacking my lips together saying "Mmmm, thirsty" and then gargle, tongue out like Homer.

Got home about 11pm and said I'll wait until tomorrow morning, "MORNING!?!?" Well, not a camel, you know.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Day on the Green. Great Day!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 pm

This cool change. This morning was f**ked, it shouldn't be allowed to be that hot at 6.30am.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Violent Soho live at the Wireless on Triple J tonight
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jase » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:04 pm

MatteeG wrote:Day on the Green. Great Day!

Absolutely fantastic day...

So very good...

The only disappointment for me was You Am I...

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1489 times
Been liked: 560 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:32 am

The Bistro Wench at an ALM pub (The Espy at Brighton) applying the Ent voucher twice, once when ordering and then when paying....

Told the missus to skull her drink and lets get out of here quick before they realise once I settled the bill!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:42 am

My workplace.

I've been having to do a lot of stuffing around of late with selling my house, selling crap on Gumtree, getting to inspections for new places along with a double move coming up and today I asked if I can take Thursday and Friday off to get right on top of each other, they said "no worries".

On top of this, they know that I'm going to be in and out on the week leading up to Christmas with my son playing in a cricket tournament, I need the first week of January off for a different tournament he's in and then I need 9 days off later in January if my daughter gets in the final state squad for the under 15 girls cricket team as they travel to Canberra.

None of these lots of leave have been booked yet either LOL.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My workplace.

I've been having to do a lot of stuffing around of late with selling my house, selling crap on Gumtree, getting to inspections for new places along with a double move coming up and today I asked if I can take Thursday and Friday off to get right on top of each other, they said "no worries".

On top of this, they know that I'm going to be in and out on the week leading up to Christmas with my son playing in a cricket tournament, I need the first week of January off for a different tournament he's in and then I need 9 days off later in January if my daughter gets in the final state squad for the under 15 girls cricket team as they travel to Canberra.

Good to hear. I too have pretty good, awesome actually, flexibility with my employer. On a salary I regularly take work home, or I'm in the office after 6pm or at site meetings before 7am. In turn I get flexibility to come in late, leave early, take days off at short notice etc. It's only me and the boss in the office and we cover for each other where and when needed. Works a treat when it comes to kids appointments, doctors, house stuff ( was outstanding when we renovated a few years back ).

It's good to know your employer is good, but that's probably a reflection of your performance that they give you that flexibility in return.

As such, I'm off to the cricket Thursday and will be in the office late Friday, or may just work from home. My boss worked from home for most of yesterday and won't be in until lunch today.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 am

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I held out, had one at 9:30 while I got the bacon and eggs on the bbq. :lol:

*Edit*

Mrs Boon might still be dizzy this morning, the way she was rolling her eyes through the kitchen window. :lol:

Good mate's old man always used to say "1 before 10 or 10 before 1"
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:28 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My workplace.

Good to hear. I too have pretty good, awesome actually, flexibility with my employer. On a salary I regularly take work home, or I'm in the office after 6pm or at site meetings before 7am. In turn I get flexibility to come in late, leave early, take days off at short notice etc. It's only me and the boss in the office and we cover for each other where and when needed. Works a treat when it comes to kids appointments, doctors, house stuff ( was outstanding when we renovated a few years back ).

It's good to know your employer is good, but that's probably a reflection of your performance that they give you that flexibility in return.

As such, I'm off to the cricket Thursday and will be in the office late Friday, or may just work from home. My boss worked from home for most of yesterday and won't be in until lunch today.

Yeah mate, it cuts both ways, I've used 9 sickies in almost 10 years and that's had a marriage break up and my dad passing away included, I do get a head start some nights if I'm bored at home and my hours are flexible, being a single dad for so long they scratched my back and I scratched theirs.

Happy worker means productive worker.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:30 pm

2 weeks of leave begins now 8)
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1223 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Having Friday off and going to the cricket.
Doing the members luncheon as well....3 course feed and 3 hour drink package.
At $9.20 now for a beer, I'll be getting my money's worth! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion