Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Apt thread. Post a bit of a let down though ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Red Rock grilled chorizo & cider onions.

What a crisp.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 am

Nusa Dua. Yes.

Kuta. Meh.

Ubud markets. Get me the **** outta here.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

Booney wrote:Nusa Dua. Yes.

Kuta. Meh.

I have no desire to go to any part of Bali.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 am

HH3 wrote:

Kuta. Meh.

I'm loving this trip with Mrs and Miss Boon. Nusa Dua is quite nice, the food and drinks are great but I can't see myself rushing back. Maybe just the two of us to just chill and eat and drink. The "tourist" stuff we've done I can take or leave.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 am

My perception of bali is you go and just drink cheap piss with other australians who in the main treat the locals like shit

Not denigrating anyone that goes there (except for those that do treat the locals like shit), its damn cheap and I have thought about doing the same thing a few times
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 am

bennymacca wrote:My perception of bali is you go and just drink cheap piss with other australians who in the main treat the locals like shit

Not denigrating anyone that goes there (except for those that do treat the locals like shit), its damn cheap and I have thought about doing the same thing a few times

Most of the locals are very nice, drivers, waiters, restaurants etc but the pushy market people haven't enamored themselves to me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 am

Yeah I'd never go to Bali, it sounds like a poor mans Thailand unless you're a surfer.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 am

Wedgie wrote:Yeah I'd never go to Bali, it sounds like a poor mans Thailand unless you're a surfer.

My theory is you are either Bali people, or Thailand people.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1283 times
Been liked: 3497 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 am

Wedgie wrote:Yeah I'd never go to Bali, it sounds like a poor mans Thailand unless you're a surfer.

Only if you go to the wrong places.
Bali is awesome if you go to the right areas. Legian and Seminyak are awesome and much better than Kuta. We generally only go into Kuta on the final day to pick up crap from the markets and collect my hard drive from a cool DVD shop I use all the time. Most people only associate Bali with Kuta and for me it's the worst bit of Bali. I still prefer Thailand and Malaysia but Bali is great to just get away for a few days a year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 am

Jim05 wrote:

Only if you go to the wrong places.
Bali is awesome if you go to the right areas. Legian and Seminyak are awesome and much better than Kuta. We generally only go into Kuta on the final day to pick up crap from the markets and collect my hard drive from a cool DVD shop I use all the time. Most people only associate Bali with Kuta and for me it's the worst bit of Bali. I still prefer Thailand and Malaysia but Bali is great to just get away for a few days a year

Agreed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 am

I've never wanted to visit the place since my cousin's jaw was broken in a mugging when she was just crossing the road to her hotel there. Not real keen on Muslim nations either even though I am aware Bali is predominately Hindu.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:50 am

Wedgie wrote:I've never wanted to visit the place since my cousin's jaw was broken in a mugging when she was just crossing the road to her hotel there. Not real keen on Muslim nations either even though I am aware Bali is predominately Hindu.

Personally I know of more people being attacked in Thailand but it hasn't stopped me going there.
Malaysia and most of Indonesia are strong Muslim nations but I have never felt threatened in either and would recommend both. Lombok is one of the best islands I've ever been to and has some of the best beaches going around
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I've never wanted to visit the place since my cousin's jaw was broken in a mugging when she was just crossing the road to her hotel there. Not real keen on Muslim nations either even though I am aware Bali is predominately Hindu.

Personally I know of more people being attacked in Thailand but it hasn't stopped me going there.
Malaysia and most of Indonesia are strong Muslim nations but I have never felt threatened in either and would recommend both. Lombok is one of the best islands I've ever been to and has some of the best beaches going around

Oh I know its not a logical reason, but its been my reason none the less. Probably more logical is bearing from people I know who compare them.
The only thing appealing about Bali to me is the shorter travel time and cheaper cost but Id need a lot more than that to convince me.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Oh I know its not a logical reason, but its been my reason none the less. Probably more logical is bearing from people I know who compare them.
The only thing appealing about Bali to me is the shorter travel time and cheaper cost but Id need a lot more than that to convince me.

The travel time was definitely a factor as it allows us to go away for just a couple of days here and there and Tiger would do specials for $200-250 return at times. Now Tiger have cancelled their Adelaide to Bali routes the others have jacked up their prices and it's now actually cheaper for me to head further into Asia.
Jim05
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:25 pm

I had a meeting with some very corporate people from interstate this morning to do with compliance stuff.

All week I was really not looking forward to it. I knew what it was about and it was just extra work for me, just so they can fix up their past f**k ups.

Once we were in the meeting room, I flipped the script on them, had them filling their notebooks up with things they have to do to make me happy. They didn't get their way, and now they have to do the work they wanted to palm off to me (which should always have been their responsibility).
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 pm

HH3 wrote:

Kuta. Meh.

^ this. I get the impression that it is full of Australians making arseholes out of themselves. I can get that here without the expense of a plane flight.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Been to Bali once. Stayed in sanur. Loved the location. Got to see the country side and see a fair bit others may not get the opportunity or know about. Really liked that part. BUT Kuta is a piece of sh*t and would never go there unless I took the kids to waterbomb park and the memorial.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:41 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Been to Bali once. Stayed in sanur. Loved the location. Got to see the country side and see a fair bit others may not get the opportunity or know about. Really liked that part. BUT Kuta is a piece of sh*t and would never go there unless I took the kids to waterbomb park and the memorial.

You get what you pay for in life generally.
I've been once and never again.

Plenty of other places in South East Asia that don't cost too much more but are considerably better IMO.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Anyone that's had arsehole neighbours before probably appreciates this story.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/law- ... af133d50e2

A WHEELCHAIR basketballer and a DJ’s wild over-reaction to complaints over window-shaking party music led to them invading the home of a neighbour — who then stabbed both in self-defence.

Phillip Christopher Stephens and Adrien Jonathon Mee narrowly avoided going to jail over the violent incident at Stephens’ Blakeview home in May 2015.

Mee — a former well-known Adelaide nightclub DJ — had taken methamphetamine and was spinning tunes at high volume when a chorus of complaints led to police being called.

But the partygoers again cranked the volume the moment police drove away, prompting a further text message from the man who lived next door with his partner and children.

Stephens — who has chronic knee problems and played in national wheelchair basketball titles — lost his temper before he and Mee stormed next door.

District Court judge Geraldine Davison said Stephens and Mee were “very big ... and very threatening” and were out for trouble.

Stephens banged on the front door with such force it shattered the glass before he forced his way inside, and a melee broke out when the residents forced him back down the hallway.

The man and woman — who said the music was rattling their windows — were both punched before the terrified husband pulled a knife and stabbed Mee twice in the abdomen.

Stephens was stabbed in the face and armpit, for which he required surgery and a stint in the high-dependency ward of Royal Adelaide Hospital.

The neighbour was arrested by police, however prosecutors later dropped the charges after accepting he acted in self defence.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion