Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:26 am

Q. wrote:Sounds like the coach is a wanker. Plain and simple.

The coach is a really good guy, and he is a good coach, the training drills he is getting the boys to do are really helping the boys...

I just don't get this aspect of it at all...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1497 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:29 am

Q. wrote:
Oh FFS. Let the kids play footy.

Yeah mate, it was complete with guernsey pulling when he went to lead and constant banging into him when the ball was 50 metres away, the offender was taller and quicker than him any way.
If I had seen my kid doing it, I'd take him from the field, walk him to the car and make him miss out the rest of that game and the next.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:49 am

Jase wrote:

The coach is a really good guy, and he is a good coach, the training drills he is getting the boys to do are really helping the boys...

Jase, you seem like a reasonable person - you've explained what's going on very clearly, and I think that all things considered, your boy isn't getting a fair go. I reckon you should tell the coach just what you've told us here. You're not being one of those dickhead parents who shove their way into everything and threaten murder if their kid's not front and centre - you've got a legitimate reason to be concerned, and if the coach is a good guy, he should listen to you.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Gozu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Jase wrote:Having my young fella sitting on the bench for a half a game last week and then half a game tonight in an Under 12 game of soccer which has unlimited interchanges... tonight he went on in the first half with 5 minutes to go only due to an injury... he then started the 2nd half and was on for 12 minutes before being brought to the bench again...

After talking to the team manager and letting him know that this was a heap of crap, he got subbed on again after about 5 minutes...

He is yet to play more than 70% of a game and there are others in the team who have not sat on the bench for 1 minute this season...

He has been at the club since he was 4 in the development squad and is now in under 12s

He's no star player but he's no dud either, he's a good solid little player...

May have to look at going somewhere else at the end of the season... which will be sad

This sounds like a terrible situation. I remember with footy in primary school all of the kids would get a good run regardless if they were stars or not even the ones that would run away when the footy would come in their direction. They're out there having a go they turn up to training the parents pay the fees, pay for their footy gear and drive them religiously every weekend to other school grounds no matter how far away.

Team sport at that age is not meant to be as cut throat as that perhaps an over-zealous father of one of the other players? Not that that is really an excuse when my father was my school's footy coach he made sure they all got a good run.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Jase wrote:

I coach U11 soccer and the hardest part of it every week is working out the rotations Friday night so every kid gets an even go. I don't care if you are Maradonna or a flog, each kid gets the same go in my team. If you start on the bench one week, you will be on the field the next.

Last week I was ready to sub the lad who had scored twice already, and I had the parent of the lad on the bench tell me "keep him off and let the other kid keep playing, he is scoring". That was the first time I had ever heard that!

The main issue I have is kids telling me so and so should not be playing so much cause they are bad players.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2639 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 pm

MW wrote:
Jase wrote:

I coach U11 soccer and the hardest part of it every week is working out the rotations Friday night so every kid gets an even go. I don't care if you are Maradonna or a flog, each kid gets the same go in my team. If you start on the bench one week, you will be on the field the next.

Last week I was ready to sub the lad who had scored twice already, and I had the parent of the lad on the bench tell me "keep him off and let the other kid keep playing, he is scoring". That was the first time I had ever heard that!

The main issue I have is kids telling me so and so should not be playing so much cause they are bad players.

I briefly coached my son's cricket team and I had a couple of kids do that. One of them said that his brother was 'pathetic' and shouldn't be allowed to play, whereupon his brother jumped on him and strangled him until he cried. I sent both kids off the field immediately but copped a spray from one of the parents for it (who did not have time to coach the team but apparently had endless time to tell me how I could do things better). I have zero desire to repeat the experience.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby MW » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Yep...sounds very familiar. I offered my clipboard to another parent last week when I heard a "Get control of the kids" comment
MW
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:41 pm

MW wrote:Yep...sounds very familiar. I offered my clipboard to another parent last week when I heard a "Get control of the kids" comment

I used to run the line for JJ's team and the amount of times I was offered ADVICE by parents from both teams, who couldn't be bothered to do it was amazing...

I too have offered them the opportunity to take over, funnily enough no one ever did...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Jase wrote:
MW wrote:Yep...sounds very familiar. I offered my clipboard to another parent last week when I heard a "Get control of the kids" comment

I used to run the line for JJ's team and the amount of times I was offered ADVICE by parents from both teams, who couldn't be bothered to do it was amazing...

I too have offered them the opportunity to take over, funnily enough no one ever did...

i used to umpire under 10s games when i was 16/17 for a bit of extra cash.

Was yelled at by numerous parents, and a coach got right up in my face at one stage.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:44 pm

Jase wrote:

Actually now I come to think of it, that is kind of what I have done by saying something to the coach over this whole debacle...

Hmmmm, I'm one of those parents...

:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 pm

that's funny, if they bothered to take control themselves, you wouldn't have such a problem.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Jase wrote:
Jase wrote:

Actually now I come to think of it, that is kind of what I have done by saying something to the coach over this whole debacle...

Not neccessarily. The fact they are not getting a fair go I think is ok to say something. Maybe a better approach would be to go through the sports coordinator (school) or whoever runs the junior soccer there.
MW
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:55 pm

MW wrote:
Jase wrote:
Jase wrote:

Not neccessarily. The fact they are not getting a fair go I think is ok to say something. Maybe a better approach would be to go through the sports coordinator (school) or whoever runs the junior soccer there.

You become 'one' of those parents if you have no facts to back up your argument. You have facts, He spends a disproportionate amount of time on the bench, but when he does get a go he contributes to the best of his ability.

As you say he is not playing in an exceptional talent competition so your concerns are justified.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:02 pm

tall people with shit spatial/personal awarness in crowds.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:tall people with shit spatial/personal awarness in crowds.

Did you cop a boob in the face?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby carey » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Man buns and people wearing there AFL gear to a game they're team isn't f**king playing in!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Coach Bombay » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Might have been mentioned on here before but that song on the army reserve ad. "Follow in the footsteps of the leaders of our bla bla..." You know the one. Shocking song.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby carey » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Me following the most most pathetic side in the AFL now that seriously F**king shits me
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Happy Endings » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 pm

carey wrote:Me following the most most pathetic side in the AFL now that seriously F**king shits me

At least you don't have Facebook and have to read dozens of half witted tarp references from a bunch of flogs who care more about our team losing than their own team winning. That really shits me.

Thankfully I only saw the last 5 minutes of the game which were pretty exciting so I missed the 115 minutes of frustration
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:57 pm

West End Draught. Yuk!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion