Developments/Projects in SA

Anything!

Re: Developments/Projects in SA

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Squids wrote:Is South Rd completed yet?

Do you mean the overpass Squids? That's almost done.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10678 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Developments/Projects in SA

Postby Jim05 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Its open to Southbound coming off Salisbury Hwy, used it a couple of times yesterday
Last edited by Jim05 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby dedja » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:55 pm

What decade will the Southern Expressway be completed?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 367 times
Been liked: 1198 times

Postby Squids » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:15 am

The Dark Knight wrote:

Yes, thanks. About time.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Jim05 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Its open to Southbound coming off Salisbury Hwy, used it a couple of times yesterday

Yep my missus told me that yesterday and I almost fell over.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10678 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Squids » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Cool I'm going to drive on it even though I have no idea where it goes :D
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 am

Bully wrote:Not SA but announced yesterday by the QLD Government - Toowoomba Bypass to be completed in 2019. Construction to take 4 years. Cost of 1.2 Billion. Be a toll of ex amount of dollars for heavy vehicles , passenger vehicles are exempted on this road for a toll.

This cuts out 16 set of traffic lights and heavy vehicles can bypass the Toowoomba range finally. Notorious stretch of road, if you remember the old Devils elbow section of the SE Freeway. This is worse than that.

Welcomed news for vehicles using the Warrego/ Gore / New England highways and the local community. New International status Airport to be built for Toowoomba also, so things are look up for the Darling downs area of Queensland.

Maybe its time for SA to catch up with the rest of the country with some toll roads. Should start by going underground from the tollgate to Wingfield for trucks to bypass the suburbs.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 584 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 am

Squids wrote:Cool I'm going to drive on it even though I have no idea where it goes :D

It goes South on one side, North on the other.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7622 times
Been liked: 11091 times

Postby Bully » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:53 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/realestat ... 15fdca2be8

good!
And no, 27 stories is not "reaching for the skies" ....lol
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bully » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 am

another old le cornu site plan submitted to the Adelaide city council over the weekend, and has already been rejected :D

Anne Moron has vented her dislike to the project like any other that has been submitted.

Unitl council voting becomes compulsory in south australia these fools in the chambers will continue on their merry way..................
Bully
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:25 am

Bully wrote:another old le cornu site plan submitted to the Adelaide city council over the weekend, and has already been rejected :D

Anne Moron has vented her dislike to the project like any other that has been submitted.

Unitl council voting becomes compulsory in south australia these fools in the chambers will continue on their merry way..................

I love Anne "Moron" Moran. Anyone who can stay on a council for so long whilst perhaps being a sharp as goat deserves some praise. I mean the stuff she comes out with is fantastic.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1267 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:55 am

cracka wrote: Maybe its time for SA to catch up with the rest of the country with some toll roads. Should start by going underground from the tollgate to Wingfield for trucks to bypass the suburbs.

When I lived in Melbourne I avoided all toll roads, on principle, but I could afford to because I could also avoid travelling in peak hours.

At one time the company running the east-west toll road was trying to get the government to close off other roads to the city from the east and force more traffic on to the toll roads. I gather they were not happy with the returns on the capital cost - tunnelling is expensive.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 397 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:12 pm

cracka wrote:
Bully wrote:Not SA but announced yesterday by the QLD Government - Toowoomba Bypass to be completed in 2019. Construction to take 4 years. Cost of 1.2 Billion. Be a toll of ex amount of dollars for heavy vehicles , passenger vehicles are exempted on this road for a toll.

This cuts out 16 set of traffic lights and heavy vehicles can bypass the Toowoomba range finally. Notorious stretch of road, if you remember the old Devils elbow section of the SE Freeway. This is worse than that.

Welcomed news for vehicles using the Warrego/ Gore / New England highways and the local community. New International status Airport to be built for Toowoomba also, so things are look up for the Darling downs area of Queensland.

Maybe its time for SA to catch up with the rest of the country with some toll roads. Should start by going underground from the tollgate to Wingfield for trucks to bypass the suburbs.

It would probably be cheaper to move Wingfield to Glen Osmond
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:18 pm

A relevant press release:

Major projects continue to flow across the State
Premier Jay Weatherill has released the 2014-15 Major Developments Directory detailing 326
South Australian projects worth $94.7 billion underway or in the pipeline.
Mr Weatherill said the developments listed in this year’s directory demonstrate investor
confidence in South Australia’s future.
“Independent modelling by the South Australian Centre for Economic Studies estimates that
the total number of new direct and indirect new jobs resulting from 84 of these new projects will
peak at 10,400 jobs in 2015-16, should they all proceed,” Mr Weatherill said.
“And 65 projects listed in last year’s directory and worth more than $3.5 billion are now
completed.”
Of the 326 projects listed in this year’s directory, 88 were new projects including:
• North South Corridor - Darlington Upgrade - $620 million
• Playford Council’s Elizabeth CBD redevelopment - $400 million
• Flinders University Plaza, Redevelopment and Student Hub project - $63 million
• SA Water Aldinga Wastewater Treatment Plant Capacity Upgrade - $62.86 million
• Victor Smorgon Group, Como Glasshouse Expansion (d’VineRipe) - $42 million
• Beerenberg expansion and upgrade - $20 million
Of the $94.6 billion value, more than one-third (nearly 38 per cent) comes from the minerals
and energy resources sector.
“These are projects that are operating businesses, education facilities training the next
generation of students and graduates, or hard and soft infrastructure serving the needs of our
businesses and communities,” Mr Weatherill said.
“These projects promise to continue this South Australia’s long history in supplying the
minerals and energy sources required by communities all over the world.
“Despite the economic challenges being faced by some investors, minerals and energy
projects operating in South Australia produced resources valued at a record $7.5 billion in
2013-14, up by more than 20 per cent in dollar terms than in the previous year.
“My message to the global business community is that South Australia is open for business –
from within our own state, from across Australia, from around the world.”
To view the 2014/15 Major Developments Directory: www.statedevelopment.sa.gov.au/mdd
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:31 pm

I wonder when he will admit that "creating" jobs is actually maintaining jobs
Any construction project has a limited life span
Is he going to announce that 2000 construction workers dont have a job when the RAH is finished in 2015-16 or will just move onto these new projects?
Finger in the dyke and more spin
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1133 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bully » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:20 pm

lol my good mate Anne Moron was in the Advertiser again today. Stating what she likes and does not like.

Seriously one group of people can bring these projects to a halt , comical. Moron would get a real shock if she moved to Brisbane. None of this jumping through hoops to pitch a tent like in North Adelaide

dont understand why developers would and persist in trying to develop things in adelaide with this council crowd being stuck up
Bully
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Bully wrote:lol my good mate Anne Moron was in the Advertiser again today. Stating what she likes and does not like.

Seriously one group of people can bring these projects to a halt , comical. Moron would get a real shock if she moved to Brisbane. None of this jumping through hoops to pitch a tent like in North Adelaide

dont understand why developers would and persist in trying to develop things in adelaide with this council crowd being stuck up

I think he state government needs to take over he planning of the Lecornu site. Its getting to a point that something just needs to be built there.
stan
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Psyber wrote:
cracka wrote: Maybe its time for SA to catch up with the rest of the country with some toll roads. Should start by going underground from the tollgate to Wingfield for trucks to bypass the suburbs.

When I lived in Melbourne I avoided all toll roads, on principle, but I could afford to because I could also avoid travelling in peak hours.

At one time the company running the east-west toll road was trying to get the government to close off other roads to the city from the east and force more traffic on to the toll roads. I gather they were not happy with the returns on the capital cost - tunnelling is expensive.

dont know why people complain about toll roads. Most problems seem to be that "you are paying for use of a road where your rego and on road costs should be enough". Yes i agree, but if you use a toll road, its less in stop starting traffic, which means less fuel used. It works out the same if not cheaper IMO. Get there quicker, spend more time with family and friends instead of sitting in traffic burning fuel

Thats my opinion anyway
Bully
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:46 pm

stan wrote:
Bully wrote:lol my good mate Anne Moron was in the Advertiser again today. Stating what she likes and does not like.

I think he state government needs to take over he planning of the Lecornu site. Its getting to a point that something just needs to be built there.

You'd trust these idiots to do it?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1133 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:09 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:

You'd trust these idiots to do it?

Well no but its better than the current idiots in charge.

Heck maybe we just leave it as a empty lot, so when the apes take over they do it properly [emoji6]
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion