Diary of some pregnant blokes

Anything!

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Spot on

That's why my wife does the bulk of the cooking, cleaning and washing, as well as being the breadwinner.

The only thing I do better is ironing.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Thankfully I have put most of these in place.

Check on the blanket, pillow and chocolate. Have Foxtel IQ and tend to watch my program's after she goes to bed which is about 2 hours earlier than pre- preg. Made the mistake of eating the 3 red frogs left in a packet she had knocked off once and learnt that lesson.

Another crucial lesson I should share....
Mrs - "I'm Bored!"
Me - "Maybe you could have a crack at some of the housework"
In hindsight I did not choose my words well :oops:

Sounds like a day in my life, minus the impending fatherhood.

With the second lesson, both Mrs. Creation and I can get on both sides of this argument.

For instance, before she left for work yesterday morning, she asked me to give the dishes a run in the dishwasher. Fair enough, I've got **** all to do, I'll give it a shot. When she got home from work, she heaped praise on me for actually doing what I'd been asked. Usually I'd have a nap instead.

The praise lasted until she actually opened the dishwasher after I cooked dinner. She gave me a heap of shit for not loading it to her liking.

If she wanted it done to her standards, why the hell didn't she do it in the first place? Would you guys let someone do a job for you if you knew it would be of inferior quality?

On her 6th day of school holidays yesterday (she's a reception teacher- perhaps why she gets me) Mrs Wristy undertook the job of painting the fire place :shock: what the actual F@ck. Of all the jobs she could choose that we have to do including the list of ten I have to prior to October 14th she painted the fireplace...black.

The result it looks the same with patches of inconsistent paint breaking up the pattern. Well bugger me if I didn't sell it like Picaso or Pro-hart had teamed up to with Michaelangelo to create a masterpiece that would bring us visual stimulation for years to come whilst really tying the entire room together.

I think I'm learning slowly how to play the pregnancy game because as I have been told. "This is a walk in the park for you, your not growing a human inside of you"
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Wristy, I'd strongly suggest going back and reading this whole thread.

Then, when you've stopped crying, go give her a hug, tell her you love her and you understand.

PS - Do not laugh when saying that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Booney wrote:Wristy, I'd strongly suggest going back and reading this whole thread.

Then, when you've stopped crying, go give her a hug, tell her you love her and you understand.

PS - Do not laugh when saying that.

I did have a re-read and got some good tips.

Controlling laughter does seem a key point. I used this today when she came home with a 16 pack of Vanilla-choc Drumsticks and a kilo of strawberries
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:45 am

wristwatcher wrote:On her 6th day of school holidays yesterday (she's a reception teacher- perhaps why she gets me) Mrs Wristy undertook the job of painting the fire place :shock: what the actual F@ck. Of all the jobs she could choose that we have to do including the list of ten I have to prior to October 14th she painted the fireplace...black.

The result it looks the same with patches of inconsistent paint breaking up the pattern. Well bugger me if I didn't sell it like Picaso or Pro-hart had teamed up to with Michaelangelo to create a masterpiece that would bring us visual stimulation for years to come whilst really tying the entire room together.

I think I'm learning slowly how to play the pregnancy game because as I have been told. "This is a walk in the park for you, your not growing a human inside of you"

Little bit different for me but i got the phone call at work to come home as mrs wub was getting contractions, so i get home and what do i see my wife doing the vacuaming, then starting to do the dishes and than folded the clothes. i even assisted to help, and told her to sit down. BUT apparently it couldn't wait, so to be honest i was pretty rapt, no house work when we got home from the hospital...
The real weird thing was when i did ask, she was really polite about it when she said no and she insisted i make phone calls to let family know.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:23 am

That's nothing @Demon Jukes wife got up on the roof to fix the airconditioner in 40c heat a couple of days before her first was born.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 am

Footy Chick wrote:That's nothing @Demon Jukes wife got up on the roof to fix the airconditioner in 40c heat a couple of days before her first was born.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 am

Footy Chick wrote:That's nothing @Demon Jukes wife got up on the roof to fix the airconditioner in 40c heat a couple of days before her first was born.

Well, he was probably hot...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5528 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:59 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:On her 6th day of school holidays yesterday (she's a reception teacher- perhaps why she gets me) Mrs Wristy undertook the job of painting the fire place :shock: what the actual F@ck. Of all the jobs she could choose that we have to do including the list of ten I have to prior to October 14th she painted the fireplace...black.

Little bit different for me but i got the phone call at work to come home as mrs wub was getting contractions, so i get home and what do i see my wife doing the vacuaming, then starting to do the dishes and than folded the clothes. i even assisted to help, and told her to sit down. BUT apparently it couldn't wait, so to be honest i was pretty rapt, no house work when we got home from the hospital...
The real weird thing was when i did ask, she was really polite about it when she said no and she insisted i make phone calls to let family know.

Yeah my wife started having contractions at 10am, didnt ring me at work till 12.30 :D she had a friend over and didnt want me home 'fussing' over her :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:35 pm

There is about to be a metric f*ckton of babies in bennymaccaland by the end of the year.

My wife is due on the 24th of October for our first. Pretty excited really, though im sure i dont know what i have gotten myself into.

My brother's wife is due in about 9 weeks for their second

My wife's sister in law is due 2 weeks after us with their second.

So between me, my brother and my wife's siblings we will go from 2 kids to 5 by the end of January.

And im sure there are more on the way with my wife's sister just getting married again
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:44 pm

If there's one thing my experiences have taught me about women.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:17 pm

This was a very helpful guide, however nothing here quite prepared me for the experience which is labor!!! :shock:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:19 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:This was a very helpful guide, however nothing here quite prepared me for the experience which is labor!!! :shock:

I think I saw one somewhere but details - we need details (not of the labour, of the end product :lol: )
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:25 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:This was a very helpful guide, however nothing here quite prepared me for the experience which is labor!!! :shock:

I know. Did you manage to not laugh? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I think I saw one somewhere but details - we need details (not of the labour, of the end product :lol: )

Ellie, was Monday 6th of July, at 2:46am. After a pleasant 21 hour labor
Last edited by the milky bar kid on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:37 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Ellie, was Monday 6th of August, at 2:46am. After a pleasant 21 hour labor

gee leaving the birth announcement a bit late... ;) or Early :shock:
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 pm

DON'T YOU EVER USE THE WORD PLEASANT AROUND YOUR PARTNER!!!!! I REPEAT NEVER EVER USE THAT WORD.........
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Ellie, was Monday 6th of August, at 2:46am. After a pleasant 21 hour labor

gee leaving the birth announcement a bit late... ;) or Early :shock:

Haha, first day back, give me some slack!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:05 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:DON'T YOU EVER USE THE WORD PLEASANT AROUND YOUR PARTNER!!!!! I REPEAT NEVER EVER USE THAT WORD.........

Believe me, I told her how horrific experience it was! People ask, was it the best day of your life? I respond, no, it's a terrible experience leading up to the greatest moment of your life!

I just wish they were more honest with how long the process would be. It would've been nice if they said, look, you have time to go grab a bite to eat, or you can have a quick 15 minute nap cause we'll be here for another 10 hours!
When we got moved into the ward at 11:30am on the Sunday, I was thinking, you beauty, baby by the afternoon!!!
I've never been so wrong!

Honestly, Mrs MBK was a star, wasn't abusive or too loud, but it just went for an eternity.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:DON'T YOU EVER USE THE WORD PLEASANT AROUND YOUR PARTNER!!!!! I REPEAT NEVER EVER USE THAT WORD.........

Believe me, I told her how horrific experience it was! People ask, was it the best day of your life? I respond, no, it's a terrible experience leading up to the greatest moment of your life!

I just wish they were more honest with how long the process would be. It would've been nice if they said, look, you have time to go grab a bite to eat, or you can have a quick 15 minute nap cause we'll be here for another 10 hours!
When we got moved into the ward at 11:30am on the Sunday, I was thinking, you beauty, baby by the afternoon!!!
I've never been so wrong!

Honestly, Mrs MBK was a star, wasn't abusive or too loud, but it just went for an eternity.

couldn't agree more...

congratulations mate... Enjoy

with my second my wife started to think it was go time on a friday, got sent home, went in early saturday morning thinking it was go time again, got sent home... by saturday night wife was struggling and went back the third time and finally after having an emergency c-section little amelia joined us and the poor little thing looked like she went 15 rounds :( .

our first was natural birth where my wife was denied drugs due to the guy who does it was busy... Wife was dead set filthy, that was her whole birth plan, literally couldn't speak as the pain was so bad... they actually wheeled the tray in for the epidural (spelling???) and after an hour or so of nothing i saw this hand pop through the curtain and pull it out, if the situation wasn't so full on i would have laughed...
i was more relieved for my wife than happy to meet my little girl after it was all done.

i try to describe child birth the best i can in 3 simple words ( i know i have put this on here but i'll do it again)
1. Beautiful
2. Disgusting
3. Incredible...

Never felt so useless in my life...
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion