Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 9:17 am

User wrote:People sooking over that gorilla being shot.

What about the interweb warriors calling for the parents to be held accountable for it all?

Some people are just ******* clueless, aren't they?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7535 times
Been liked: 10841 times

Postby User » Tue May 31, 2016 9:38 am

Booney wrote:

What about the interweb warriors calling for the parents to be held accountable for it all?

Yep that's sort of what I meant. "If the gorilla can be shot, why can't we shoot the mother of that child"

I hate humans, sometimes.
User
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 9:46 am

Booney wrote:

Yes, because god forbid parents should be held accountable for their childs actions.

At worst, the zoo should be insisting on a sizeable donation by the offending parents to the zoo to go towards Gorilla reproduction programmes. These animals are critically endangered and they've just had to shoot an animal they couldn't afford to lose, especially being a male.

Did the zoo do the right thing by shooting him? probably, I know it's America where they have a shoot first, ask questions later attitude - but this would've been an absolute last resort for them to save that stupid little child.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1746 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 31, 2016 9:48 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yes, because god forbid parents should be held accountable for their childs actions.

At worst, the zoo should be insisting on a sizeable donation by the offending parents to the zoo to go towards Gorilla reproduction programmes. These animals are critically endangered and they've just had to shoot an animal they couldn't afford to lose, especially being a male.

Did the zoo do the right thing by shooting him? probably, I know it's America where they have a shoot first, ask questions later attitude - but this would've been an absolute last resort for them to save that stupid little child.

You don't have kids, do you?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5561 times
Been liked: 5186 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 10:03 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:

Are you serious? Kids are adventurous, they don't want to look, they want to touch, smell, taste, explore. "Stupid little child"... :shock:

Welcome to 2016 where someone has to be culpable. Somebody is to blame? Can't we find someone to blame? Surely, someone is at fault?

We've found them? Excellent, now lets have people the world over berate them for their actions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 31, 2016 10:07 am

User wrote:Yep that's sort of what I meant. "If the gorilla can be shot, why can't we shoot the mother of that child"

I hate humans, sometimes.

accident
'aksɪd(ə)nt'
noun
1. an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7955 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 31, 2016 10:17 am

What about the ignorant morons who signed the "Justice for Harambe" petition which is seeking immediate police action and child protective services to investigate the boys house to guard against "further incidents of negligence".
It is deadset staggering.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 10:23 am

Spargo wrote:What about the ignorant morons who signed the "Justice for Harambe" petition which is seeking immediate police action and child protective services to investigate the boys house to guard against "further incidents of negligence".

Can we get a 4 year old to go into their enclosures?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:What about the ignorant morons who signed the "Justice for Harambe" petition which is seeking immediate police action and child protective services to investigate the boys house to guard against "further incidents of negligence".

Can we get a 4 year old to go into their enclosures?

When I was 4 I was a prick of a kid, it was my mission to get into places I shouldn't be able to, infact I had an obsession of trying to lock the toilet door and be on the outside of it of any house we visited, the old man used to give me a fair belting in the car when we got around the corner but it never stopped me.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7955 times

Postby HH3 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:When I was 4 I was a prick of a kid, it was my mission to get into places I shouldn't be able to

Some things never change, you old dog, you. 8)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 10:35 am

Booney wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:

Are you serious? Kids are adventurous, they don't want to look, they want to touch, smell, taste, explore. "Stupid little child"... :shock:

Welcome to 2016 where someone has to be culpable. Somebody is to blame? Can't we find someone to blame? Surely, someone is at fault?

We've found them? Excellent, now lets have people the world over berate them for their actions.

I understand that, however when a kid is clearly heard saying that he wants to go into the enclosure, you'd think Ma and Pa be keeping a better eye on him whilst he's doing his exploring. My brother was a big "explorer" as a kid, I actually lost him at Skyshow the first time I took him when I was 18 and he was a 3 year old. I had half of Bonython Park looking for him, only to find him admiring the remote control boats on the lake. I know it only takes a second for them to disappear in a big crowd, however my lesson was learned, keep a better eye on your kids, especially in crowded places.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 10:41 am

Spargo wrote:You don't have kids, do you?

Why do people keep throwing this in my face?

Apparently this strips my right to be able to have any opinion on any subject regarding children.

I was pretty much raising a child before any of you were procreating and he's grown up to be a responsible, independent, accountable man. Mainly because he was never treated as a little angel who could do no wrong.

So you can all go and get *******

Footy Chick

Postby helicopterking » Tue May 31, 2016 10:42 am

Put kids on a leash. Then get accused of taking their 'Human Rights' away.
No win society.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 671 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Apparently this strips my right to be able to have any opinion on any subject regarding children.

I was pretty much raising a child before any of you were procreating and he's grown up to be a responsible, independent, accountable man. Mainly because he was never treated as a little angel who could do no wrong.

Good thing nothing happened to your little brother at Skyshow that night.
Hopefully the parents of the boy in America learn the same lesson you did.

Spargo
Coach

Postby JK » Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 am

Sad situation, no winners in it. Would have to question how such an enclosure could ever be set-up in such a way that a child could find their way into it?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 10:58 am

Spargo wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Good thing nothing happened to your little brother at Skyshow that night.
Hopefully the parents of the boy in America learn the same lesson you did.

Kids are oblivious for the best part, the cops found him and took him back to the lost kids van. He was more excited that he got to wear a policemans hat but the minute he saw me he burst into tears because he knew he'd done wrong. Mum didn't find out the truth about what happened until his 13th birthday :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 am

Surely they are allowed to make the same mistake you did about maybe not watching their kid closely enough (within reason, is there any suggestion of gross negligence here?)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:Surely they are allowed to make the same mistake you did about maybe not watching their kid closely enough (within reason, is there any suggestion of gross negligence here?)

my brother was pointing at pretty boats, he didnt jump into an animal pen, causing the murder of an endangered species.

But if you wan't to point that finger, go ahead.

Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:40 am

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 31, 2016 11:41 am

Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Surely they are allowed to make the same mistake you did about maybe not watching their kid closely enough (within reason, is there any suggestion of gross negligence here?)

my brother was pointing at pretty boats, he didnt jump into an animal pen, causing the murder of an endangered species.

But if you wan't to point that finger, go ahead.

But he could have drowned, resulting in the closure of a much-loved boating lake - ruining generations of fun and learning for everyone else.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion