Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

tipper wrote: ive grown up pretty much constantly with pets, so im not against animals at all (they are all so very tasty)

You eat your pets?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby tipper » Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
tipper wrote: ive grown up pretty much constantly with pets, so im not against animals at all (they are all so very tasty)

You eat your pets?

only when im hungry
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby MW » Tue May 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Parents stuffed up allowing kid to fall in
Zoo stuffed up not having sufficient guarding to stop this from happening
Society stuffed up thinking an animals life is more important than a human being
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2641 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 1:29 pm

MW wrote:Parents stuffed up allowing kid to fall in
Zoo stuffed up not having sufficient guarding to stop this from happening
Society stuffed up thinking an animals life is more important than a human being

Bidda, badda, boom. Well played.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7535 times
Been liked: 10842 times

Postby stan » Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Just because I want to throw in another spanner here. I actually think it was mentioned but shouldnt we also ask the question how the boy made his way in there in the first place? Kids can do things in the blink of the eye and parents must be ever vigilant, there is no doubt about that and the parents must take some blame in this.

But is the barriers at the enclosure suitable and does that need to be upgraded?

Just a thought really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 31, 2016 1:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:F*** zoo's off altogether, spend more time and resources on allowing wildlife to survive in their own habitats, they don't set up houses to place us in for their own enjoyment.
If we choose to want to see how they live, we should go to them.

This.

Although I'll say 99.5% agree, A big part of zoo's nowdays is more about conservation and education, rather than pure enjoyment. The only reason they let people through the doors at a hefty cost is to raise the money for such projects.

Agree sort of- when they are critically endangered a zoo is actually a safe haven. Need to make the zoos better
Not many people can afford to go to Uganda. The more people that see these animals the more people that may donate their money or time to the cause. Also most of the rhinos that get poached are in sanctuaries so they aren't real safe
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 31, 2016 1:46 pm

Booney wrote:So we've decided the parents should be shot and zoo's ****** right off altogether.

Phew, for a minute there I really thought we were going to over react.

I'm no tree hugger but I don't see why we need to take animals out of their habitat for our own enjoyment, human's are the most inhumane creatures on this earth, if we're threatened, we kill.

It shit's me off no end when there's a manhunt for a rogue shark that attacks a human in the ocean, I can understand if a shark ventured down Jetty Road and wiped out a few human's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 31, 2016 1:47 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Agree sort of- when they are critically endangered a zoo is actually a safe haven. Need to make the zoos better
Not many people can afford to go to Uganda. The more people that see these animals the more people that may donate their money or time to the cause. Also most of the rhinos that get poached are in sanctuaries so they aren't real safe

Human's are the ones that predominantly cause the endangerment of animals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 31, 2016 1:49 pm

tipper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
tipper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Tipper, go back and read the whole discussion please. I didn't suggest this anywhere.

What does slightly peturb me though is why a lot of people think that a humans life (in an overpopulated world) is worth more than the life an endangered animal.

No, i'm not saying they should've shot the kid or let him kill the kid before you all jump down my throat again, but I'll put another spin on it - it's just as stupid as going to cull sharks after a shark attack or hunting the croc that killed the woman in QLD yesterday. You're in their territory, Why punish them for it.

If it gets in our way, we kill it.

Wedgie, I didn't say shoot the parents! i said they should be making a donation to the zoo for endangered animal reproduction programmes

unfortunately fc, a humans life is more important than any animals. id shoot every single animal in the adelaide zoo if it was to save one of my kids, and i wouldnt even say sorry. and any parent that wouldnt shouldnt have kids.

comparing this to a wild animal attack is a bit stupid too. that is killing things after the fact. killing the gorilla prevented the kid being hurt, it wasnt revenge. once again, if you are so against their choice of action, what should they have done instead? experts who deal with animals every day decided, to save the boy, and kill the gorilla. what was the other option?

Tipper, please dont respond again until you've read my original post, where I said that they probably did the right thing by shooting it as it would've been the last resort (Do I need to re-post it for your benefit because you're clearly too lazy to go back and read it?)

I'm just asking the question why anyone thinks that peoples lives are more important than animals. For the best part, we're the savages, not them.

I'll also thank you to not call my opinions stupid.

bit defensive today arent we? every one of your posts since that first one, has been against the actions that they took.

why would anyone think that an animals life should be more important than a childs? there is no animal, or animals in the world i would put in front of my loved ones. none of them are even close to being as important as them. and ive grown up pretty much constantly with pets, so im not against animals at all (they are all so very tasty)

and if you are going to get precious, ill thank you not to tell us all to go and get ******. or is that ok?

If people are going to berate me and my opinions because I don't have children, then yes, I'm going to get precious. If you can't get through your head that I think the zoo did the right thing in this circumstance and keep accusing me of saying the parents should be shot when I've never said that , yes I'm going to get defensive. I don't like being accused of saying things I didn't say.

I haven't said anything about the zoo's actions except that I agreed with them shooting him in this situation I think i can safely say that no one here is an animal behaviorist so pretty much anyones opinions on here are generalised thoughts from the heart, rather than from fact.

Any other opinion has been putting a different twist the subject in general about people killing animals and why we consider humans to be any less dangerous than animals. Humans are the only species that kill for any other reason than to eat.

We are all animals (whether you like it or not) we can't kill pedo's for touching our kids with harm intended (not in this country anyway) but no one questions this? but we can kill endangered species for being a threat or nothing less than sport or the thrill of the chase (that lion in Africa I'm referring to here)

It's probably a pretty out there segway but I felt it needed to be brought up. I hope you can all see what I was trying to say now.

Over and out.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1746 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby heater31 » Tue May 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Think it is important to point out the zoo tried to call the gorillas to their night quarters. All of them complied or at least moved away from the child except the one that was shot.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Human's are the ones that predominantly cause the endangerment of animals.

And humans are the only ones who can prevent it...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
And humans are the only ones who can prevent it...

Yeah, by stopping other humans from wiping species out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 31, 2016 2:18 pm

They should have just offered him some grapes.

images (9).jpg
images (9).jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (152.39 KiB) Viewed 320 times
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:F#@× the gorilla! What about the lowlife that murdered his partner and those two precious kids. RIP little ones :-(

The prick rocked up to court today with two bruised eyes - I'm assuming that there'll be more of that where he's going.
Didn't seek bail.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:.

I'd imagine Jamie Kahu is a valuable member of society himself.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7535 times
Been liked: 10842 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:F#@× the gorilla! What about the lowlife that murdered his partner and those two precious kids. RIP little ones :-(

The prick rocked up to court today with two bruised eyes - I'm assuming that there'll be more of that where he's going.
Didn't seek bail.

The f*cking ar$ehole deserves more than just 2 black eyes.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2239 times
Been liked: 2535 times

Postby User » Tue May 31, 2016 3:15 pm

What have I started here?...
User
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints