Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Grenville wrote:Having to go to the sister in laws f***ing wedding instead of catching up with some mates at the footy at The Parade next Saturday.

FREE BEER to ease the pain?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:34 pm

heater31 wrote:
Grenville wrote:Having to go to the sister in laws f***ing wedding instead of catching up with some mates at the footy at The Parade next Saturday.

FREE BEER to ease the pain?

And hopefully some good views
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:17 pm

Yep free piss thankfully. Only get a chance to catch up with a couple of the Norwood lads 2-3 times a year so I look forward to our games against the Legs.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:From reports he was able to buy 6 guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in the past week alone. Recipe for disaster

If he was that determined to do what he was going to do he would have got it just as easy on a black market

In theory with it being legal they should have been red flagged that someone had bought such large amounts and potentially investigated before anything happened

Even in Adelaide weapons and ammo can be bought extremely easy

assault rifles can be bought extremely easily? i call bullshit.

if that was the case every bikie would have one but they dont.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:12 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:From reports he was able to buy 6 guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in the past week alone. Recipe for disaster

If he was that determined to do what he was going to do he would have got it just as easy on a black market

In theory with it being legal they should have been red flagged that someone had bought such large amounts and potentially investigated before anything happened

The gun the Orlando shooter used was illegally obtained

Maybe not an assualt rifle but none the less a weapon that could kill multiple people can easily be obtained in Adelaide
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:35 am

once again i just dont think thats true

After the Port Arthur massacre there has been zero mass shootings in Australia (4 or more). In the decade before that there were 1 per year on average

The gun laws in australia have been extremely effective. You say they can buy high power weapons on the black market? The reason i doubt this is because we dont see them being used. Because of the lack of availability they would be pricey as hell - unlike the US
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:24 am

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (65.23 KiB) Viewed 386 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:43 am

Have people forgotten the Lindt siege, or does that not count as a mass shooting?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:48 am

Failed Creation wrote:Have people forgotten the Lindt siege, or does that not count as a mass shooting?

Not a mass shooting
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 am

Failed Creation wrote:Have people forgotten the Lindt siege, or does that not count as a mass shooting?

Just imagine if he had an AR15 instead of a shotgun. There ain't no siege, he just goes in there firing and takes out 20 people. His goal was the coverage generated by ch7 across the road, that would have been scary.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:25 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:

The gun the Orlando shooter used was illegally obtained

Maybe not an assualt rifle but none the less a weapon that could kill multiple people can easily be obtained in Adelaide

for most of us, that obey the law, it is a months long process to obtain a firearm in adelaide. tool me about 9 months from when i first submitted my licence application to sapol, to having my first firearm in the safe at home. it was hardly an easy process. and even then, i cant go buy a semi automatic rifle even now. im currently in the process of upgrading my licence to H class (handguns) and that will be several more months (awaiting approval from sapol, training and approval from a club, yet more waiting on sapol to approve again) so even then ill be able to get a semi automatic handgun (if the wife lets me spend themoney :oops: ) but its still far from easy.

however, if we are talking about people that dont obey the laws, im sure it could be done more quickly and easily, but i wouldnt know for sure, ive never tried.

the point about the lidnt siege is valid though. that was a gun that i cannot legally own, despite the fact i am licenced, have never committed a crime, nor been investigated for one (as far as im aware) and i have held my licence without incident for years. it was a pump action shotgun, which you need to be a primary producer, or professional shooter to own. so not only was he not licenced at all, he also had a gun that the majority of licenced owners cant get either. it proves that even here, someone intent on doing the wrong thing can still access that sort of tool to do it with.

also there has been a mass shooting since port arthur, but it seems to get forgotten about for some reason. in 2014 a guy killed four family members then himself, so 5 deaths, which would fit the definition i would think (referred to as the hunt family murders) there has also been several other mass killings, just not with guns, mostly arson. so even "without access to guns" bad people still do bad things
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Exactly Tipper,

There is absolutely no way that any can convince me the that the Orlando mass shooter would not have tried to kill as many people as he did if he couldnt get a gun legally.

When someone has that much hatred and a mental state that leads them to believe people deserve to die acquiring a gun legally is the least of his worries.

Geez the bloke just killed 50 people, im not sure his a LAW ABIDING citizen.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:02 am

Gastro, and the resulting game of "which end will it come out of this time"
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby stan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:55 am

The issue with the yanks is actually not the gun culture itself. Whislt this can be seen as a problem you will find that law biding citizens in the US that own guns and abide by the laws are not the issue.

Whats the issue then. Its the fact of how easy it is to get a gun. Legally or illegally it doesnt matter. They need to be looking at better background checks and tighter regualtions for owning guns. Im not saying they shouldnt have them, its in there blood to have there guns. But they to tighten up so that people clearly a problem should not be able to obtain them.

Easier said than done of course but thats the issue.

And this is not about making it harder for law biding citizens to own guns. Thats a piss poor argument from the NRA, its about accountability across the table.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:46 am

I watched a speech Obama did before the Orlando shooting that was very interesting.

Its really worth a watch.

Because of the backwards nature of Americans, the government can't even research gun control.

Also, if someone is on any FBI watchlist, that still doesn't preclude them from purchasing firearms legally.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/obama-to ... isarm-you/
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:51 am

HH3 wrote:I watched a speech Obama did before the Orlando shooting that was very interesting.

Its really worth a watch.

Because of the backwards nature of Americans, the government can't even research gun control.

Also, if someone is on any FBI watchlist, that still doesn't preclude them from purchasing firearms legally.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/obama-to ... isarm-you/

Yes, he's one cool cat who knows his shit. His analogy of motor vehicle accidents and deaths to gun deaths would be, sadly, far too complex for half of those cretins to comprehend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Not a mass shooting

Fair call. By definition, there weren't enough fatalities to be considered a mass shooting.

I retract my comment.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 am

Failed Creation wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Not a mass shooting

Fair call. By definition, there weren't enough fatalities to be considered a mass shooting.

I retract my comment.

Well, three people were shot and killed. I'd call that a mass shooting, considering Monis was killed by police and Miss Dawson was killed by police fire I think matters little.

The FBI considers a mass shooting to be when 4 or more people are shot/killed by gun fire. But that's in America where this shit goes on every day, in the Sydney CBD 3 people shot and killed is a mass shooting in my view.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:19 am

I'd go along with that Boon

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:01 am

I think some people think mass shootings have to be the same as a frenzy shooting.

What happened in Orlando is a frenzy shooting, where the perp storms in and fires til they can't fire anymore. Same as Columbine and Aurora.

In Sydney, it was a political hostage taking, that ending in a mass shooting. If someone shoots one person an hour for 4 hours. Thats still a mass shooting.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion