Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: plus we can meet up @ Chinatown for the $8.70 fill up your plate deal.

Wrong thread :tonqe:

Yeah, I know, it could give me the shits on a dodgy day though!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Gefugged :lol:

If I wanted to spend half my day in a car to get to work i'd go live in Sydney :?

I pick Kelly up form around the corner from you at 5pm every Thursday, I don't envy your task, I've learnt to tackle it straight down the guts though through Jeffcott on to Morphett and turn right at Hindley, although at the moment you can't turn right on to Hindley between 7am and 4pm.

This is how I go home (other way round of course :lol: ) and I take Weymouth, not Hindley- mind you, whilst it used to take heaps off my travel time, i'm finding quite a few others now with the same idea, most of them with no idea how to merge correctly into Light Square/Morphett St.

Now also with these new fandangled intersection at NE/Nottage tce, it banks right up - who knew that spending millions of $$ on intersection improvements would make your trip home 10 mins longer :roll: Yeah, big improvement :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Gefugged :lol:

If I wanted to spend half my day in a car to get to work i'd go live in Sydney :?

I pick Kelly up form around the corner from you at 5pm every Thursday, I don't envy your task, I've learnt to tackle it straight down the guts though through Jeffcott on to Morphett and turn right at Hindley, although at the moment you can't turn right on to Hindley between 7am and 4pm.

This is how I go home (other way round of course :lol: ) and I take Weymouth, not Hindley- mind you, whilst it used to take heaps off my travel time, i'm finding quite a few others now with the same idea, most of them with no idea how to merge correctly into Light Square/Morphett St.

Now also with these new fandangled intersection at NE/Nottage tce, it banks right up - who knew that spending millions of $$ on intersection improvements would make your trip home 10 mins longer :roll: Yeah, big improvement :lol:

I made the mistake on our way home yesterday by turning down Currie instead of Hindley, what a pain in the arse it is with the bus lane and tryiing to squeeze in to turn left on to Morphett, Weymouth seems a better option in future.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Use the ring route

Thats what its there for
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11916 times
Been liked: 3629 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Use the ring route

Thats what its there for

It is shit, permanent roadworks on Park Terrace and Port Road heading North is crazy at that time, turned my 30 minute journey into 60 a few times.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Thats what its there for

It is shit, permanent roadworks on Park Terrace and Port Road heading North is crazy at that time, turned my 30 minute journey into 60 a few times.

Got stuck at that intersection about 5pm on a saturday going to the Buckingham Arms. Took about 35mins from the brewery to bucky arms....ffs

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11916 times
Been liked: 3629 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Thats what its there for

And two of the people on here who use the route are thinking the Morphett St bridge is a better way to go. Shows how well the ring works.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Does anyone else do the torrens to torrens route at around 430-440pm heading south?
Is it just me, or did this go from not being too bad to being shithouse over the last 2 months or so?
I used to be able to cover the torrens to port road section in under 5 minutes, now it takes over 10 minutes to get through the port rd/grange rd sets of lights.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2634 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:10 pm

MW wrote:Does anyone else do the torrens to torrens route at around 430-440pm heading south?
Is it just me, or did this go from not being too bad to being shithouse over the last 2 months or so?
I used to be able to cover the torrens to port road section in under 5 minutes, now it takes over 10 minutes to get through the port rd/grange rd sets of lights.

Tried that, got smashed, must've taken 4 light changes from the BWS to Port Road, then an additional two or three turning right onto Grange Road.

I then tried backstreeting it another time to get to Coglin Street which seemed to beat the traffic slightly.

Going from Mawsons to Flinders Park Football Club during peak hour is a lucky dip, I have found a journey that I would never have known but I seem to keep moving and around the half an hour mark consistently.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Thats what its there for

It can take anywhere around 30 mins to turn right onto Park Tce from Port Rd - quite often the right hand gets missed in the sequence becuase of the train and tram lines or because Park Tce is already banked up. I haven't travelled Port Rd to get home in YEARS

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Thats what its there for

It can take anywhere around 30 mins to turn right onto Park Tce from Port Rd - quite often the right hand gets missed in the sequence becuase of the train and tram lines or because Park Tce is already banked up. I haven't travelled Port Rd to get home in YEARS

Surely South > Regency / Torrens is the go?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I don't bother trying if I take that route, I'll u-turn it after the tram line finishes or venture down Chief Street to work my way back.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Thats what its there for

Surely South > Regency / Torrens is the go?

In 3 years time it would be.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:24 pm

When I need to go that way, I go past park tce, turn right at chief st, and back around torrens rd to park tce that way.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2634 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 pm

MW wrote:When I need to go that way, I go past park tce, turn right at chief st, and back around torrens rd to park tce that way.

Yep, you can come back out off Hawker too, that way you don't get the chaos that can occur at the top end of Churchill mixed with a couple of trains.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 pm

MW wrote:Does anyone else do the torrens to torrens route at around 430-440pm heading south?

The footage looks impressive, it does take me back to the filming of my first feature film not knowing if it was going to be a success.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The footage looks impressive, it does take me back to the filming of my first feature film not knowing if it was going to be a success.

In 2018 the train will be going under Park Tce.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm

This is too far away, with any luck I'll either have

a) won lotto, or

b) be employed much closer to home

Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:17 pm

While we're at it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach