Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:F*ck me.

ADF and Health personnel knocked on the door of a known COVID positive case, someone in the house advised them that the person wasn't home, they were at work.
There were 26 positive cases not at home when the door knockers visited

Is it actually a law that they must remain at home? Or is it just a "rule"?
Im under the impression they are still "allowed" out to exercise.

I highly doubt its a law as that type of "punishment" is reserved for criminals, not someone who has been unfortunate enough to contract a flu. Sure the right thing to do is stay home but i cant see it as enforceable. I dont think any government has a right to detain someone in their own home
Yes you can leave home for exercise and medical requirements.
I’d guess that VicPol would be questioning their movements to deem if it was essential or not

That is bullshit, you got a door? you got a gym!
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 1456 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:01 am

Victoria’s issues are a combination of things. In large they never completely eradicated the virus for a sustained period and community transmission has continued throughout. A larger population with higher density doesn’t help and the attempt at slowing down a thriving city has bought out the flat out ignorance and arrogance of some in Melbourne especially. Choosing to go to work with Covid19 is ignorance and arrogance of the highest order and the excuses no doubt in each case revolve around their immediate pay packets. Whilst they will get covid sick payments, they are just thinking of getting paid this week and don’t want to go through the process of applying for payments and wait - Or they are working and earning their money in a way that’s not exactly kosher with Australian tax and employment law. By this it means by them going through the correct process, they ain’t going to get the same money as they’d be getting if they went to work. The amount of people that I do business with that have turned Into a “cash only“ business since the beginning of Covid19 within Melbourne is staggering... There is only one reason they do this and it’s greed at the expense of the government.

Melbourne especially just needs to stop and take a deep breath for a few weeks and at least get it back to a standard on where it can Manage the virus. Sadly, their Premier has dropped the ball but that doesn’t give the excuse that some self entitled pricks in society are running with.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Victoria’s issues are a combination of things. In large they never completely eradicated the virus for a sustained period and community transmission has continued throughout. A larger population with higher density doesn’t help and the attempt at slowing down a thriving city has bought out the flat out ignorance and arrogance of some in Melbourne especially. Choosing to go to work with Covid19 is ignorance and arrogance of the highest order and the excuses no doubt in each case revolve around their immediate pay packets. Whilst they will get covid sick payments, they are just thinking of getting paid this week and don’t want to go through the process of applying for payments and wait - Or they are working and earning their money in a way that’s not exactly kosher with Australian tax and employment law. By this it means by them going through the correct process, they ain’t going to get the same money as they’d be getting if they went to work. The amount of people that I do business with that have turned Into a “cash only“ business since the beginning of Covid19 within Melbourne is staggering... There is only one reason they do this and it’s greed at the expense of the government.

Melbourne especially just needs to stop and take a deep breath for a few weeks and at least get it back to a standard on where it can Manage the virus. Sadly, their Premier has dropped the ball but that doesn’t give the excuse that some self entitled pricks in society are running with.

LK, you are right to a point here in my view.

There actually was ZERO community transmission for a while. The only active cases were contained to returning travelers in quarantine hotels. That's where it's gotten out, and into the community. Now it's into nursing homes, which is the worst case scenario, the oldies are sitting ducks. It's criminal negligence, and yes, the buck stops with Dan.

I hate generalizing, but yes, there are selfish people of all races that continue to go to work either knowingly, or with suspicion that they have covid. Why, they need the money, simple. The outbreaks in workplaces, appear to be linked, unfortunately to "lower socio-economic" area's and industries. Typically immigrant type workers. Some of whom, have limited English skills, it seems. Perhaps they don't understand, some might, but plenty do.

This weekend see's the Muslim Eide celebrations, typically large family gatherings. Exactly what we don't need right now. I just hope those of the muslim faith follow the rules...... if not, it will take off again.

Are there self entitled pricks who live in Melbourne, sure, but as a percentage of the population, about the same as any other city on earth.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:19 am

Corona Man wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Victoria’s issues are a combination of things. In large they never completely eradicated the virus for a sustained period and community transmission has continued throughout. A larger population with higher density doesn’t help and the attempt at slowing down a thriving city has bought out the flat out ignorance and arrogance of some in Melbourne especially. Choosing to go to work with Covid19 is ignorance and arrogance of the highest order and the excuses no doubt in each case revolve around their immediate pay packets. Whilst they will get covid sick payments, they are just thinking of getting paid this week and don’t want to go through the process of applying for payments and wait - Or they are working and earning their money in a way that’s not exactly kosher with Australian tax and employment law. By this it means by them going through the correct process, they ain’t going to get the same money as they’d be getting if they went to work. The amount of people that I do business with that have turned Into a “cash only“ business since the beginning of Covid19 within Melbourne is staggering... There is only one reason they do this and it’s greed at the expense of the government.

There actually was ZERO community transmission for a while. The only active cases were contained to returning travelers in quarantine hotels. That's where it's gotten out, and into the community. Now it's into nursing homes, which is the worst case scenario, the oldies are sitting ducks. It's criminal negligence, and yes, the buck stops with Dan.

I hate generalizing, but yes, there are selfish people of all races that continue to go to work either knowingly, or with suspicion that they have covid. Why, they need the money, simple. The outbreaks in workplaces, appear to be linked, unfortunately to "lower socio-economic" area's and industries. Typically immigrant type workers. Some of whom, have limited English skills, it seems. Perhaps they don't understand, some might, but plenty do.

This weekend see's the Muslim Eide celebrations, typically large family gatherings. Exactly what we don't need right now. I just hope those of the muslim faith follow the rules...... if not, it will take off again.

Are there self entitled pricks who live in Melbourne, sure, but as a percentage of the population, about the same as any other city on earth.

For me the part where “Some people don’t understand” is complete and utter bs. Ignorance is the starting factor by choosing to ignore the saturation of media in all languages, then arrogance takes over when they value their income over the safety of others. Money is the universal language and everyone gets the message of the dangers of covid. How you choose to play out your actions is your choice and even though it’s your choice that doesn’t eliminate you from the consequences.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:27 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

For me the part where “Some people don’t understand” is complete and utter bs. Ignorance is the starting factor by choosing to ignore the saturation of media in all languages, then arrogance takes over when they value their income over the safety of others. Money is the universal language and everyone gets the message of the dangers of covid. How you choose to play out your actions is your choice and even though it’s your choice that doesn’t eliminate you from the consequences.

I don't think I said, some people don't understand......
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:40 am

Corona Man wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

I don't think I said, some people don't understand......

Sorry mate it wasn’t specifically targeted at you, but there was a passage where you mentioned that they perhaps don’t understand. I’ve read many media sources and people are using this as a potential road block - This is what I was more leaning my opinion towards. Everyone gets it, some choose to be ignorant.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:46 am

Yep ok, I don't know if you've had much experience dealing with people who have English as a second language. Perhaps you have, not sure. I do everyday of the week, and by e-mail which is in some ways even harder. There are some (again I hate generalizing) that use "I don't understand" when they can't be stuffed, or don't wish to comply. and PERHAPS there are some who genuinely do not understand. That said I am sure there has been communications sent out in all languages, and unless they have been hiding under a rock, it's impossible for them to not be aware.

There are benefits of multi-cultural society's, but there are downsides as well.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:13 am

600’s again today with 7 or 8 deaths
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:52 am

Corona Man wrote:Yep ok, I don't know if you've had much experience dealing with people who have English as a second language. Perhaps you have, not sure. I do everyday of the week, and by e-mail which is in some ways even harder. There are some (again I hate generalizing) that use "I don't understand" when they can't be stuffed, or don't wish to comply. and PERHAPS there are some who genuinely do not understand. That said I am sure there has been communications sent out in all languages, and unless they have been hiding under a rock, it's impossible for them to not be aware.

There are benefits of multi-cultural society's, but there are downsides as well.

I live and breathe it every day with my employment and have a very good understanding with the challenges.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:13 am

Corona Man wrote:Yep ok, I don't know if you've had much experience dealing with people who have English as a second language. Perhaps you have, not sure. I do everyday of the week, and by e-mail which is in some ways even harder. There are some (again I hate generalizing) that use "I don't understand" when they can't be stuffed, or don't wish to comply. and PERHAPS there are some who genuinely do not understand. That said I am sure there has been communications sent out in all languages, and unless they have been hiding under a rock, it's impossible for them to not be aware.

I live and breathe it every day with my employment and have a very good understanding with the challenges.

Ok sure, then do you agree with what I have stated or not. Not that it changes much, happy if you think I am way off beam. I think we are agreeing that ignorance of the rules is no excuse, right?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:48 am

Corona Man wrote:

Ok sure, then do you agree with what I have stated or nont. Not that it changes much, happy if you think I am way off beam. I think we are agreeing that ignorance of the rules is no excuse, right?

I do agree. In many cases there is a massive cultural gap - With many of those cultures they don’t value personal space as much also which is a key factor. In saying all this the biggest factor why it’s an issue is flat out ignorance - There is enough media in all languages world wide that clearly establish the threat of Covid19. Some cultures are are perceived as ignorant in their day to day lives and play the “Bad English” card, then you have some people who are just self entitled dickheads who are deliberately out to cause trouble and take legal action to make money. I get it all and have seen it all with my line of work.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:59 am

Dan saying 1 in 4 that are meant to be home self isolating aren’t and that further restrictions will be implemented. Sutton said stage 3 restrictions has got the R0 from 2 back to 1 but to see further reductions stage 4 will be required
Jim05
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm

21 new cases in NSW, Only 2 of them in hotel quarantine
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3765 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:Dan saying 1 in 4 that are meant to be home self isolating aren’t and that further restrictions will be implemented. Sutton said stage 3 restrictions has got the R0 from 2 back to 1 but to see further reductions stage 4 will be required

Why should they isolate. He allowed a protest with 10,000 people.
The lefties slam the PM for mixed messages - well, it doesn't get much more mixed than that
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm

The rest of Australia needs the Vics to go to Stage 4, with no clear improvement from the restrictions to date, its only a waiting game for other states to cop a 2nd wave if they do not get a hold of this.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3570 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:The rest of Australia needs the Vics to go to Stage 4, with no clear improvement from the restrictions to date, its only a waiting game for other states to cop a 2nd wave if they do not get a hold of this.

Agreed, shut down for August, absolute hard borders as in nobody goes through and contain this thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:The rest of Australia needs the Vics to go to Stage 4, with no clear improvement from the restrictions to date, its only a waiting game for other states to cop a 2nd wave if they do not get a hold of this.
65 year old woman from Mt Gambier has a date with a magistrate for being caught hiding in a truck crossing the border, has been in Victoria for several weeks.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Agreed, shut down for August, absolute hard borders as in nobody goes through and contain this thing.
The government will need mighty deep pockets for that to happen. With our reliance on goods from Victoria we would be crippled in a matter of weeks. Freight still needs to come and go but we should be looking at setting up a buffer zone and implementing testing for every border crossing
Jim05
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

The government will need mighty deep pockets for that to happen. With our reliance on goods from Victoria we would be crippled in a matter of weeks. Freight still needs to come and go but we should be looking at setting up a buffer zone and implementing testing for every border crossing

If you do one thing, and one thing only in SA, sure up your aged care facilities. That's the undeniable lesson to be learnt from us silly buggers over here.
Corona Man
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion