I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 am

Attachments
TN.gif
TN.gif (495.65 KiB) Viewed 465 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

I need to know....

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:49 am

HH3 wrote:
I do find this discussion interesting though. I like the different point of views, and I appreciate Bennymaccas, since he's actually seen the light, so to speak, and got himself away from a damaging cult.

It was because my mother always goes to church that I did too. And when I got old enough to start thinking for myself (16-17) I did a LOT of thinking about this. Even went to a university Christian fellowship meeting thing once in my first year of uni.
But as someone who studied engineering and physics the voice of reason just became stronger to the point where I just couldn't reconcile my previously held beliefs.

I still haven't really decided whether there is any sort of God at all, there could well be, physics doesn't really preclude it.
But the Christian God who sent Jesus down and knows everything I do and say? No way, that belongs in a bygone era where people needed some higher power explanation for things that the science of the time could not explain.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:03 am

heater31 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
The catholic church is a whole other beast altogether. Their practices are terrible and not very biblical...

Which despite going through their school system I refuse to now have anything to do with them.

You too huh?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 am

me three, although I'd never begrudge anyone who did. Each to their own.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1743 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:45 am

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:
I do find this discussion interesting though. I like the different point of views, and I appreciate Bennymaccas, since he's actually seen the light, so to speak, and got himself away from a damaging cult.

It was because my mother always goes to church that I did too. And when I got old enough to start thinking for myself (16-17) I did a LOT of thinking about this. Even went to a university Christian fellowship meeting thing once in my first year of uni.
But as someone who studied engineering and physics the voice of reason just became stronger to the point where I just couldn't reconcile my previously held beliefs.

I still haven't really decided whether there is any sort of God at all, there could well be, physics doesn't really preclude it.
But the Christian God who sent Jesus down and knows everything I do and say? No way, that belongs in a bygone era where people needed some higher power explanation for things that the science of the time could not explain.

And I've gone the opposite way. I grew up with no form of religion or idea of church. My mum did a pretty decent job and i learnt respect and all that jazz as young people should. I never thought about or worried about church because it never came up.

My mum got into witchcraft pretty heavy when i was between 9 and 12 and i remember that as a real freaky time. Again i never got involved but i saw the differences in her.

There are a few posters that know me from my school and early footballing days that can attest to my life at that time. I was your everyday kid, no major dramas, solid friends, good at sports, finished year 12 and partied hard. Drank heaps and smoked plenty of weed and got as many notches on the proverbial belt as i could. I met a christian girl when i moved to town and i thought i would corrupt her, she told mecdhe wouldn't shag me cos she was a christian so i took up the challenge.

I went to church for 8 weeks just to spend time with her and work my magic. Initially i thought it was weird and the people were weird and church was foreign because i had never been or experienced. I listened to the preaching and it all made sense, nothing was freakish and stupid, it was all relevant stuff that really made me think.

In my mind i had no need of God, my life was good, i wasnt hurting anyone and i was happy, what more do you want? But over time God broke down my walls of resistance until i was brought to a decision. So i made the decision to give my life to Jesus and havent looked back since.

And now it makes more sense and i realised that everything i had that made me happy was circumstancial and temporary but my faith and my relationship with God is not. There are times im not happy and thats part of life but i know that all things work out for good.

I liken it to sky diving. If you've never been then i can tell you what its like, how awesome it is when your free falling and barrel rolling out of the plane and you will hear but not understand it fully until you experience it yourself. The Christian life is just the same, until you surrender your life to God it is all just he said she said stuff. you just gotta jump!

Theres a lot more to my story though, this is the sonewhat condensed and sumplified version. Im more than happy to sit down with anyone and divulge more details over a coffee...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:31 am

Did you shag her then?
Pseudo
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:51 am

Pseudo wrote:Did you shag her then?

How did i know that would be the first point picked out...

No i didnt.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:01 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:

No i didnt.
Attachments
8cf.jpg
8cf.jpg (30.02 KiB) Viewed 377 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

No i didnt.

Haha, yeah pretty much. Which worked out fine, im now married with 2 little nuggets and wouldnt have it any other way...
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:49 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

No i didnt.

Haha, yeah pretty much. Which worked out fine, im now married with 2 little nuggets and wouldnt have it any other way...

So you didn't get a shag - just a happy ending...
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Seems a hell of a price to pay for diddly squat.

Good luck to you NG, don't get me wrong...... O:)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Does anyone know the best place to park when going to see a movie at Palace Nova Cinema on Rundle Street?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:29 pm

HH3 wrote:Does anyone know the best place to park when going to see a movie at Palace Nova Cinema on Rundle Street?

If you are heading in from your joint I would park near the Entertainment Centre/Thebarton area catch the tram get off at Rundle Mall and walk the rest.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Does anyone know the best place to park when going to see a movie at Palace Nova Cinema on Rundle Street?

If you are heading in from your joint I would park near the Entertainment Centre/Thebarton area catch the tram get off at Rundle Mall and walk the rest.

**** that! Anyone else got any ideas? :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:38 pm

If you're going to the movies, remember kids under 16 should be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5533 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Spargo wrote:If you're going to the movies, remember kids under 16 should be accompanied by a parent/guardian.

Can I use your senior citizens card to get in for cheap?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:44 pm

HH3 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Hey my idea is cheap! Free parking in the back streets of Thebarton, free tram into the city and it cost nothing to walk anywhere....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Yes, but there's a few problems.

1. Im a lazy ****.
2. Its raining, and will probably be raining this evening.
3. The movie won't finish til after 10, and I don't really wanna be having to trudge back down Rundle Mall without 7 Sailor Jerrys under my belt.
4. Im a lazy ****.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Hey my idea is cheap! Free parking in the back streets of Thebarton, free tram into the city and it cost nothing to walk anywhere....

If you are going to do that park on Victoria drive, free parking after 6pm
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cennals05 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Do not park in the Wilsons Carpark on Frome Street. We did that the other week when seeing a movie at Palace and it cost $18. If it's at night try the end of Rundle Street for street parking or Hindmarsh Square.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion