I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 am

Cheers guys, all sorted. Wasn't for me obviously because I am finished
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 11:05 am

Does getting up at 5am to go to the gym get easier with time?

I really lack the motivation at that time of day, especially on a Monday.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby HH3 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does getting up at 5am to go to the gym get easier with time?

I preferred going at 5am. My gym buddy got a job where he starts early now, so we go after work every weeknight.

It's so hard to not just drive straight home after a full day of work.

At least when you go in the morning, it's done, and you're home at a normal time. I get home about 7.30pm most nights, so practically 12 hour days.

When I go early I get 5 or 6 hours at home before bed to do what I need to. Now I get home, fartarse around with shower, dinner, organising lunch and then my days over.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby carey » Mon May 29, 2017 11:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does getting up at 5am to go to the gym get easier with time?

It certainly does once you start seeing results. I've now lost 23kgs I still go every morning (although I didn't today as I'm sore from footy Saturday) I'm now no longer looking at losing weight so to speak just maintaining a fitness level and gaining some strength.

But as I said once you start seeing results it really drove me to keep going. A bloke I've known for 3 years at golf didn't believe it was me on Saturday!

Plus I find it a lot easier at that time of the morning than the afternoon.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby HH3 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:34 am

carey wrote:

It certainly does once you start seeing results.

Yeah I agree.

My goal was to put on size for gridiron.

Since Feb, I've put on 10kgs of muscle, and look and feel great. I struggled for motivation for the first month or so, but now once I'm there, I love it.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 29, 2017 11:42 am

I find it hard enough getting up at noon to go to the pub!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 am

carey wrote:

It certainly does once you start seeing results. I've now lost 23kgs I still go every morning (although I didn't today as I'm sore from footy Saturday) I'm now no longer looking at losing weight so to speak just maintaining a fitness level and gaining some strength.

But as I said once you start seeing results it really drove me to keep going. A bloke I've known for 3 years at golf didn't believe it was me on Saturday!

That's awesome, how long have you lost the weight over?

I lost 16kg's but have added 2 or 3 and have basically flat-lined due to drinking beer and I've been a bit slack on my eating habits.

I wanna lose another 4kg's to get down to 80 but I'm mixing up the gym work, I wasn't even that keen to go initially but have to now so I'll attack it with the right frame of mind.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 am

HH3 wrote:
carey wrote:

Yeah I agree.

Since Feb, I've put on 10kgs of muscle, and look and feel great. I struggled for motivation for the first month or so, but now once I'm there, I love it.

I'm only a week in, we missed Thursday morning due to a big session after a funeral but have been doing the right thing generally.

Mornings are less populated and less rock apes taking selfies or sitting around playing on their phones.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm only a week in, we missed Thursday morning due to a big session after a funeral but have been doing the right thing generally.

Mornings are less populated and less rock apes taking selfies or sitting around playing on their phones.

The one we go to is in Enfield, so mostly indian guys go there. They're mostly very quiet and keep to themselves. Havent seen one douche bag guy there.

Having said that, we might be the douche bags there. :o :lol:

I was 74kgs when I started and sitting just under 85kgs now. We did a lot of high weight low reps for the first three months, now we're on lower weight more reps to tone up a bit.

Hopefully all the work pays off. I'll know when I make the first tackle in Victoria next month.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby carey » Mon May 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

I lost 16kg's but have added 2 or 3 and have basically flat-lined due to drinking beer and I've been a bit slack on my eating habits.

I wanna lose another 4kg's to get down to 80 but I'm mixing up the gym work, I wasn't even that keen to go initially but have to now so I'll attack it with the right frame of mind.

Initially I lost the weight over about 6-8 week period and in terms of diet all I really cut out was soft drink and chocolate, I was pretty bad on both. I just go to the gym most mornings as stated far less d@#kheads, Still a few but far less. I go to Hollywood plaza anytime fitness quite a big gym always plenty of free machines.

As I said mate now I'm just maintaining a fitness level I cant believe the difference it has made to playing footy I wish I did this 15 years ago not waited till I'm nearly 40!

Still enjoy a bevvy every weekend, We better share one soon.
carey
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
carey wrote:

Yeah I agree.

I'm only a week in, we missed Thursday morning due to a big session after a funeral but have been doing the right thing generally.

It takes 3 weeks to create a new habit they say.......still 2 to go!

I bought a Garmin Fitness watch last month now obsessed with hitting the step goal per day. Punched out a 6 km walk last night to make sure I got it for yesterday, now it looks like I'm going to have to brave shit weather to get today's goal :(
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm only a week in, we missed Thursday morning due to a big session after a funeral but have been doing the right thing generally.

The one we go to is in Enfield, so mostly indian guys go there. They're mostly very quiet and keep to themselves. Havent seen one douche bag guy there.

Having said that, we might be the douche bags there. :o :lol:

I was 74kgs when I started and sitting just under 85kgs now. We did a lot of high weight low reps for the first three months, now we're on lower weight more reps to tone up a bit.

Hopefully all the work pays off. I'll know when I make the first tackle in Victoria next month.

Plus Fitness in Mawson's isn't real big and most of the clientele seem quiet in the morning, they get in, do their stuff and piss off.

Good luck with the findings.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:41 pm

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Initially I lost the weight over about 6-8 week period and in terms of diet all I really cut out was soft drink and chocolate, I was pretty bad on both. I just go to the gym most mornings as stated far less d@#kheads, Still a few but far less. I go to Hollywood plaza anytime fitness quite a big gym always plenty of free machines.

As I said mate now I'm just maintaining a fitness level I cant believe the difference it has made to playing footy I wish I did this 15 years ago not waited till I'm nearly 40!

Still enjoy a bevvy every weekend, We better share one soon.

Yeah, I notice quickly how long I neglected the gym or eating habits and general voluntary fitness work.

My metabolism is pretty reflective and true, I shed if I'm active and I can put it on in no time too.

I'm not that far from the PHFC so I'll try and pop up there on a random Saturday evening for a couple soon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Mon May 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Awesome mate.

You'd surely know our coaching staff as well I'd say. Graham Obrian OB, Paul Menner, Scotty Bamford and Super. I've fit in really well here mate really good club.
carey
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm

heater31 wrote:It takes 3 weeks to create a new habit they say.......still 2 to go!

I bought a Garmin Fitness watch last month now obsessed with hitting the step goal per day. Punched out a 6 km walk last night to make sure I got it for yesterday, now it looks like I'm going to have to brave shit weather to get today's goal :(

The weather is what has got us to the gym (with a pending wedding and honeymoon in the Whitsundays), we were doing heaps of cycling, walking and running but easily traded it in for an extra sleep in or few drinks after work, now we've paid for gym membership we are more compelled to go to avoid wasting money, it's got us doing weights at home before we cook dinner now so win's all round.

What is your step goal? I like how the machines tell you everything, we've been doing 3km's on the rower, 5km's on the bike then some weights, we walk a fair bit each day so the treadmill isn't a high priority, we're sorting through a regime that suits us.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 pm

carey wrote:Awesome mate.

You'd surely know our coaching staff as well I'd say. Graham Obrian OB, Paul Menner, Scotty Bamford and Super. I've fit in really well here mate really good club.

Oh yeah, there's a fair few players etc. that I know pretty well too, lucky the trip home will be predominantly downhill, I wont cut through the Paddocks though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Mon May 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:Awesome mate.

Oh yeah, there's a fair few players etc. that I know pretty well too, lucky the trip home will be predominantly downhill, I wont cut through the Paddocks though.

Looking to get lucky?
carey
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 2:08 pm

carey wrote:

Looking to get lucky?

It's a pain in the arse cutting through there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
What is your step goal? I like how the machines tell you everything, we've been doing 3km's on the rower, 5km's on the bike then some weights, we walk a fair bit each day so the treadmill isn't a high priority, we're sorting through a regime that suits us.

Started at the default 5000 and I could hit that during the day at work, obviously each time you hit it the following day is increased and today is just over 7000 which is almost a round of golf for me. Miss the goal and it decreases.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Started at the default 5000 and I could hit that during the day at work, obviously each time you hit it the following day is increased and today is just over 7000 which is almost a round of golf for me. Miss the goal and it decreases.

Is that on your fitbit?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion