Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:42 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:The government is thinking about getting rid of land tax, stamp duty, council rates etc etc etc for indigenous people.
Did they think this through?
If this will go through, then everyone in Australia will all of a sudden identify as Aboriginal & if they do, there's nothing anyone can do about it,
you can't ask someone to prove whether they are indigenous or not.

Ahh yes you can

There is a certificate of aboriginality that people have to produce for Government benefits (eg abstudy), aboriginal identified jobs and other associated benefits.

It's a lengthy process and I know those that have got it dont want to give it to gammon blackfellas

But I can apply for this certificate and no-one can stop me.
How does someone determine whether someone is indigenous or not, if they say they are?

You have to produce family history records that prove you have aboriginal or torres strait islander heritage inclusive which nation you claim your family are from e.g. Kaunra, Arrente, Malak Malak Jawoyn, Larrakia etc

Like any government process it isn't full proof but it's not as easy as saying, "I'm aboriginal Brus, true god hey, give me that bit of paper that says I am"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:01 pm

Back in my undergrad days I got a hustle as a tutor to a mature-age aboriginal student. His complexion suggested European descent; his name suggested specifically Welsh. IIRC he claimed that to qualify as aboriginal (and thus access funding for personal tuition, among various sundry benefits) all that was needed was "acceptance by the tribe". He was married to an aboriginal lady; perhaps this was enough.

That particular gig was extremely lucrative for me, and all funded by the taxpayer, so I wasn't complaining. 8)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:29 pm

am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:The government is thinking about getting rid of land tax, stamp duty, council rates etc etc etc for indigenous people.
If this will go through, then everyone in Australia will all of a sudden identify as Aboriginal & if they do, there's nothing anyone can do about it,

Ahh yes you can

There is a certificate of aboriginality that people have to produce for Government benefits (eg abstudy), aboriginal identified jobs and other associated benefits.

It's a lengthy process and I know those that have got it dont want to give it to gammon blackfellas

How does someone determine whether someone is indigenous or not, if they say they are?

You have to produce family history records that prove you have aboriginal or torres strait islander heritage inclusive which nation you claim your family are from e.g. Kaunra, Arrente, Malak Malak Jawoyn, Larrakia etc

Like any government process it isn't full proof but it's not as easy as saying, "I'm aboriginal Brus, true god hey, give me that bit of paper that says I am"

My other half works in a western suburbs school & parents bring their kids in all the time, stating that they are indigenous & no-one is allowed to question them.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1662 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:32 pm

I think they need to revisit their policies then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7500 times
Been liked: 10787 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:04 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Ahh yes you can

You have to provide sufficient evidence to indicate that you are of Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Islander descent and are accepted as such by the Community in which you live.
This has to be endorsed by a recognised organisations or elders.
Quite often there is a requirement that you've at least made effort to connect with your mob and/or land also.

You tell us they're thinking about it but are concerned they're not thinking it through? :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2051 times
Been liked: 3895 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:24 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:[quote="gazzamagoo"]The government is thinking about getting rid of land tax, stamp duty, council rates etc etc etc for indigenous people.

Ahh yes you can

My other half works in a western suburbs school & parents bring their kids in all the time, stating that they are indigenous & no-one is allowed to question them.[/quote]

I'm unclear as to the context regarding your other half's school, what additional entitlements/assistance might be available to indigenous students, or what you mean by 'no-one is allowed to question them', but I would expect that if land tax/stamp duty concessions were to be made available to landholders on the grounds of their being indigenous, there may be greater requirements in terms of evidence/verification to obtain those concessions, than in the education system context (if indeed that process is as loose as you imply).
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:29 pm

So we’re trying to create equality by using inequality.
Yeah nah!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Justice Lee calling our Bruce Lehrmann:

Justice Michael Lee had this to say about Mr Lehrmann's intentions for turning up to Parliament House.

"He was a 23-year-old male cheating on his girlfriend, having just talked up with a woman he found sexually attractive.

Human experience suggests what he then wanted to happen was not exactly shrouded in mystery."

"There was one dominant thought running through the mind of Mr Lehrmann … and it had nothing to do with French submarine contracts."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-15/bruce-lehrmann-lisa-wilkinson-defamation-federal-court-judgment/103702806

Obviously the old beak has been there like us males on here in the past, spending your beer money on a chick your talking to at a nightclub late Sat night early Sunday morning.

There's only one reason why you do that!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby dedja » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:26 pm

Keep the recording of Justice Lee handing down his judgement and use as a cure for insomnia … sounds like a hostage tape.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 997 times

Postby Douglas Mawson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:21 pm

“Having escaped the lion’s den, Mr Lehrmann made the mistake in coming back for his hat”.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Pseudo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:56 pm

am Bays wrote:Obviously the old beak has been there like us males on here in the past, spending your beer money on a chick your talking to at a nightclub late Sat night early Sunday morning.

There's only one reason why you do that!

"So darlin', what say me and you duck back to my chambers. I've got a judicial wig I'd like to show you..."
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:47 pm

The bin man finally caught on to the housos at the end of my street, he didn't collect any of the 3 red bins they put out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most I've counted is 5 (corner block)
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Bloke at Torrensville plaza newsagent has 2023 diaries for 50% off
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Bloke at Torrensville plaza newsagent has 2023 diaries for 50% off

Grab a couple!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Bloke at Torrensville plaza newsagent has 2023 diaries for 50% off

Grab a couple!
Then you won't need to buy one in 2034!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 am

heater31 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Grab a couple!
Then you won't need to buy one in 2034!

#savvyshopper
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11858 times
Been liked: 3603 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:08 am

The woman who was asked to leave the Arj Barker show with a crying baby went on The Project to make her case. The baby cried so much they asked her to give the baby to Dad for the rest of the interview.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7500 times
Been liked: 10787 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 am

Booney wrote:The woman who was asked to leave the Arj Barker show with a crying baby went on The Project to make her case. The baby cried so much they asked her to give the baby to Dad for the rest of the interview.

She was on A Current Affair too (missus was waiting for Lego Masters to start, yeah I know :lol: ) and exactly the same happened, kid was out of control.
The host was trying to be sympathetic too (unsuccessfully).
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2051 times
Been liked: 3895 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 am

Booney wrote:The woman who was asked to leave the Arj Barker show with a crying baby went on The Project to make her case. The baby cried so much they asked her to give the baby to Dad for the rest of the interview.

Who takes their baby to a comedy show?
Selfish bitch.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5489 times
Been liked: 5131 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 pm

I am all for parents taking their baby out, so they can also have some normality. Saying that though, don't be dumb about it. Why would you take your baby to a comedy show????
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion