Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Whilst I agree, all it does is highlight poor systems internally.

It's downright insulting.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hearts on fire » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Geez, welcome back HOF! You probably win the prize for the longest hiatus on SAF :lol:

Magpie in the 80's would be a decent rival.

cheers 8) hope things have been under control in my absence ;)
I just realised I have almost doubled my age from when I first joined :shock:
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby hearts on fire » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:Happy birthday HoF

cheers mate, sorry to hear about recent happenings too. hope things are on the mends.
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Having my 'new' job confirmed yesterday, I'm going back to my former place of work and I notified my current employer of my resignation today, my last day there will be next Friday.

I'm going back to ASC as a contractor to work on the Offshore Patrol Vessel Project, which is just starting up. It's all happened quicker than I thought, applied on Seek after I saw it advertised and was surprised to get immediate response. Alot of guys I used to work with who I keep in contact with have also applied.

I leave my current employer on good terms, I've enjoyed my time there and they had no issues with me taking the opportunity to go back. Going back as a contractor is risky but it's all about getting my foot back in the door there looking towards the future and the future work.

Onwards and upwards.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Having my 'new' job confirmed yesterday, I'm going back to my former place of work and I notified my current employer of my resignation today, my last day there will be next Friday.

I'm going back to ASC as a contractor to work on the Offshore Patrol Vessel Project, which is just starting up. It's all happened quicker than I thought, applied on Seek after I saw it advertised and was surprised to get immediate response. Alot of guys I used to work with who I keep in contact with have also applied.

I leave my current employer on good terms, I've enjoyed my time there and they had no issues with me taking the opportunity to go back. Going back as a contractor is risky but it's all about getting my foot back in the door there looking towards the future and the future work.

Onwards and upwards.

Congratulations mate, you're a great young lad, if things turn to shit then you've made yourself a plan B already.

It's ironic, the better person you are, the luckier you get, go figure.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Having my 'new' job confirmed yesterday, I'm going back to my former place of work and I notified my current employer of my resignation today, my last day there will be next Friday.

Onwards and upwards.

Congratulations mate, you're a great young lad, if things turn to shit then you've made yourself a plan B already.

Thanks mate. When I told my supervisor yesterday he wished me the best and said to me if I'm ever out of work give him a call, he'll be happy to employ me again so that was great to hear, he's a great bloke.

Haven't seen our manager yet, he's going to bitterly disappointed as he's the one who offered me the job here as I've known him and his family for years through cricket and footy and been good friends with them but this is purely because I have a better job opportunity at my feet.

Whatever happens now I've found over the last 7 months there's plenty of work out there in my line of work, Seek (which I'm always looking on) for example has got plenty of listings and I constantly get notifications and emails of new jobs that are advertised each week.

Can't agree more with you last sentence.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:31 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Thanks mate. When I told my supervisor yesterday he wished me the best and said to me if I'm ever out of work give him a call, he'll be happy to employ me again so that was great to hear, he's a great bloke.

Haven't seen our manager yet, he's going to bitterly disappointed as he's the one who offered me the job here as I've known him and his family for years through cricket and footy and been good friends with them but this is purely because I have a better job opportunity at my feet.

Whatever happens now I've found over the last 7 months there's plenty of work out there in my line of work, Seek (which I'm always looking on) for example has got plenty of listings and I constantly get notifications and emails of new jobs that are advertised each week.

Can't agree more with you last sentence.

Well done son!! Great result!!
And I think Lightning is thinking to himself, he wishes he was a better person, cos then he'd get luckier with promotions at his workplace :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

And I think Lightning is thinking to himself, he wishes he was a better person, cos then he'd get luckier with promotions at his workplace :lol:

Na mate, I know I'm a dickhead.

Up until 6 or 7 years ago, I'm the first to admit that I didn't deserve a promotion, I was urged to apply for roles but declined.

My time will come, travel is the key and the kids are getting older.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Na mate, I know I'm a dickhead.

Up until 6 or 7 years ago, I'm the first to admit that I didn't deserve a promotion, I was urged to apply for roles but declined.

I don't. But most people point this out to me.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Na mate, I know I'm a dickhead.

That I'm a dickhead?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Na mate, I know I'm a dickhead.

That I'm a dickhead?

No, that I am!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Crabbing tomorrow for 3 days at Ardrossan. Hopefully we can get a few.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Crabbing tomorrow for 3 days at Ardrossan. Hopefully we can get a few.

Crabs too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Crabbing tomorrow for 3 days at Ardrossan. Hopefully we can get a few.

Other side of the peninsula but my mates have been bagging out on big blueys off Balgowan.

I was meant to go out Sunday morning with some mates just locally but got home not long before they were heading out, they all got their limits too, I ended up with a dozen out of it still though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Crabs too

If anyone spots a bloke walking sideways into a pub in Ardrossan it will be BC after his crabbing trip.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Crabs too

If anyone spots a bloke walking sideways into a pub in Ardrossan it will be BC after his crabbing trip.

I generally leave the pub sideways.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:40 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I generally leave the pub sideways.

Surely you're not that fat? :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 am

On Monday morning, my best mate of 24 years and his wife became first time parents to a beautiful little girl.

Visiting them last night and witnessing the sheer pride in the both of them, knowing what they have both endured to get to this point, bought a smile to my face.

The funny part - They had the same obstetrician as myself and my ex, the baby was delivered at the North Eastern Community, where my son was also born, and I get to the hospital last night to visit:

"G'day mate, what room are you in?"

"Room 211"

*Thinking to myself - that number sounds familiar...*

Climb the stairs to the post natal ward and enter their room - yep. The same post natal ward, exactly the same room that my wife and I had shared when our son was born.

Pretty cool I thought. Brought back some very happy memories, and I cannot wait to watch a little girl grow with the support and love of 2 great people as her parents.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:18 am

My 13 year old son passing 1000 runs for the season on the weekend, he passed his 2000th career runs in October and said that day he'll reach 3000 by the end of the season (being a smartarse), he's 66 off if the app is up to date.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My 13 year old son passing 1000 runs for the season on the weekend, he passed his 2000th career runs in October and said that day he'll reach 3000 by the end of the season (being a smartarse), he's 66 off if the app is up to date.

Nice.... is he playing above his age group level?
Corona Man
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion