Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:04 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I rate the Indigenous community's protest against Sunrise on Sunrise this morning on the Gold Coast when they couldn't go to a fake back drop like they did in their Sydney studios.

What's the desired outcome from the protests?

Genuinely interested.

Good question. If you're talking about the protests in Sunrise this morning then there are two main reasons that I can see but a few others too.
One being bringing awareness and dispelling the fiction that was originally broadcast on Sunrise and two asking for an apology for broadcasting lies.

Or are you asking about the protests against the Commonwealth Games?

The Commonwealth Games.

Oh that's easier, they're protesting against the celebration of a horrid evil regime that violently took over many countries who also promoted genocide, slavery and oppression of innocent people to the betterment of themselves in the past whilst the remnants of that regime continues to prosper using stolen land and stolen resources of the those people, that's another discussion though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 pm

So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'd call her worse

You'd call her something worse than someone who "promotes genocide and racism"?

No, I'd call her worse than "a fat bitch, white bitch, c*nt etc?" such as someone who "promotes genocide and racism".
Sorry, I thought that point was obvious.

On the promoting of genocide, is there any where you can point me to read or watch comments made by Armytage about killing masses of people based on race? I'd like to read / see it for myself.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:Oh that's easier, they're protesting against the celebration of a horrid evil regime that violently took over many countries who also promoted genocide, slavery and oppression of innocent people to the betterment of themselves in the past whilst the remnants of that regime continues to prosper using stolen land and stolen resources of the those people, that's another discussion though.

I asked what the desired outcome of the protest is.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:08 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Oh that's easier, they're protesting against the celebration of a horrid evil regime that violently took over many countries who also promoted genocide, slavery and oppression of innocent people to the betterment of themselves in the past whilst the remnants of that regime continues to prosper using stolen land and stolen resources of the those people, that's another discussion though.

Oh, you mean there's a goal in mind?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

No, I'd call her worse than "a fat bitch, white bitch, c*nt etc?" such as someone who "promotes genocide and racism".

When you're bored and fishing mate nothing is obvious.

Not bored or fishing and don't really appreciate you downplaying the subject by suggesting such.
Its quite pathetic and saddening that without due investigation you would downplay such a serious issue that is close to mine and others heart by degrading the issue suggesting I'm bored or fishing.
I don't have a problem if you don't care about the issue but I find your degrading attitude quite saddening but probably all fair representation of a lot of people who some might describe as ignorant rednecks.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

On the promoting of genocide, is there any where you can point me to read or watch comments made by Armytage about killing masses of people based on race? I'd like to read / see it for myself.

Just google it mate, using lies to promote the notion of removing black children to white family. Have a watch of Rabbit Proof Fence, very similar.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Well, that's what I'm trying to find out.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm

HH3 wrote:

Sorry mate, without asking the people directly involved I'd say it would be to promote awareness of issues and show a bit of strength that things won't die away unless addressed properly.
The protest in Sunrise had a completely different desired outcome though and it was this my initial point was made about.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 pm

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Well, that's what I'm trying to find out.

Apologies mate, it's difficult replying to several different people asking completely different things at the same time on a phone.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:Not bored or fishing and don't really appreciate you downplaying the subject by suggesting such.
Its quite pathetic and saddening that without due investigation you would downplay such a serious issue that is close the mine and others heart by degradinge and the issue suggesting I'm bored or fishing.
I don't have a problem if you don't care about the issue but I find your degree attitude quite saddening but probably all fair representation of a lot of people who some might describe as ignorant rednecks.

I certainly do care about the issue, from both sides of the fence (if you will).

It bothers me that both sides of the divide still use divisive and derogatory terms and create battle fields when I believe it's time for everyone to truly embrace reconciliation. Our shared past is our shared past, it's one littered with horrific events and it's something we all live with, some obviously more than others, continuing to look backwards instead of forwards will see us in a state of conflict forever. Who wants that?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Not bored or fishing and don't really appreciate you downplaying the subject by suggesting such.
Its quite pathetic and saddening that without due investigation you would downplay such a serious issue that is close the mine and others heart by degradinge and the issue suggesting I'm bored or fishing.
I don't have a problem if you don't care about the issue but I find your degree attitude quite saddening but probably all fair representation of a lot of people who some might describe as ignorant rednecks.

I certainly do care about the issue, from both sides of the fence (if you will).

It bothers me that both sides of the divide still use divisive and derogatory terms and create battle fields when I believe it's time for everyone to truly embrace reconciliation. Our shared past is our shared past, it's one littered with horrific events and it's something we all live with, some obviously more than others, continuing to look backwards instead of forwards will see us in a state of conflict forever. Who wants that?

Those who want to gain from it
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:Just google it mate, using lies to promote the notion of removing black children to white family. Have a watch of Rabbit Proof Fence, very similar.

From my limited reading on the topic ( it's Sunrise after all ) I see the discussion was about removing vulnerable children from places where they were potentially being neglected ( keep in mind this happens to children of all races ), but no mention of killing people based on their race, genocide.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:18 pm

But there was not an indigenous person on the panel to discuss the issues Booney. Apparently this is compulsory.
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Booney wrote:

It saddens me that people don't care about the issue but I appreciate your honesty.
True reconciliation won't ever happen until things change majorly.
Unfortunately it might not happen until well after we move on if ever, that saddens me a lot.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

It saddens me that people don't care about the issue but I appreciate your honesty.
True reconciliation won't ever happen until things change majorly.
Unfortunately it might not happen until well after we move on if ever, that saddens me a lot.

What, in your view, would be "true reconciliation".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:21 pm

MW wrote:But there was not an indigenous person on the panel to discuss the issues Booney. Apparently this is compulsory.

Sarcasm (or stupidity) about an issue such as this. Really?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:But there was not an indigenous person on the panel to discuss the issues Booney. Apparently this is compulsory.

coming from someone accusing a morning show host of genocide...really?
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Just google it mate, using lies to promote the notion of removing black children to white family. Have a watch of Rabbit Proof Fence, very similar.

From my limited reading on the topic ( it's Sunrise after all ) I see the discussion was about removing vulnerable children from places where they were potentially being neglected ( keep in mind this happens to children of all races ), but no mention of killing people based on their race, genocide.

You need to investigate the fact they used to instigate the discussion to get a better understanding, even the ABC clearly showed how ridiculous these were which surprised (and encouraged) me.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

coming from someone accusing a morning show host of genocide...really?

Are you talking about me?
They used false facts to promote diluting a race, even the ABC clearly demonstrated that. That's just fact.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion