Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Its been happening for a while mate, the Liberal government are hell bent on automating and/or outsourcing everything they can.

It's crazy, it's been two months of stress, I didn't even want to renew my lease incase it didn't get sorted, I wasn't looking forward to doing my tax, I was even contemplating becoming single again so I didn't have to burden my wife with shit that has nothing to do with her as I made sure there were no skeletons in my closet before committing to a relationship.

Imagine if similar things happened to elderly some of who might just pay it.

I wont even go i to the internal workings of the place these days. Glad i could get out when I did.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am

Booney wrote:Unbelievable.

I grew up in Brooklyn Park, like all kids in the 80s our street was full of cricket matches in summer and footy in the winter. Our house was about 6 houses from the school so my place was a good one for straight after school shenanigans.

Across the road was Mrs McNamara and her son, Brendan. Brendan had several disabilities, most of the kids in the area were a bit freaked out by him but not me or my brother, so, most Saturdays I would pop in there for half an hour or so and Mrs Mac would bring out some Yo-Yo's or Scotch fingers and some Woodies Lemonade. Brendan had pretty major speech disorders so smiles and frowns would be his communication. He loved his races, if I wasn't at cricket or footy in the afternoon I'd sit there and cheer on his nags in the 5th at Cheltenham.

Mum and Dad brought the house in '64, after they split we sold up and moved out in '92. When we left he was still there, Mrs Mac was well old and I never really knew what became of him.

Bugger me I do some research and find his number, he's still alive ( 68 ), still lives in the same house and has a carer with him from 12-4 every day. I'd left a message about a month ago and a lady called me back today. I'm going to pop in and see him on Monday afternoon.

I spoke with him earlier today, I could hear in his sounds that he knew who he was walking to, little *Boon* from across the road. His carer spoke to me after I chatted to him, she said he was in tears. I am now. Can't believe it. Haven't seen him in probably 25 years.

Well, that didn't turn out as expected.

I've been several weeks trying to coordinate a time when myself, my brother ( who travels a lot for work ) and my Mum were all free on the same day/time to go and visit him. It all came together about a week and a half ago that we would get there tomorrow afternoon. As mentioned above his carer is there from 12-4 each day, I called yesterday to inform her ( after speaking several times to her about it ) that we'll be there tomorrow.

She pretty abruptly told me that Brendan certainly remembers us but neither of them see any reason that we should come in to see him.

Makes me wonder, does he not want to see us or does she not want us to see him / the place and how he's living?

Concerned and disappointed and not sure what to do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:21 am

After a three day war over something at work, the owner has conceded.

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:55 am

Booney wrote:

I grew up in Brooklyn Park, like all kids in the 80s our street was full of cricket matches in summer and footy in the winter. Our house was about 6 houses from the school so my place was a good one for straight after school shenanigans.

Across the road was Mrs McNamara and her son, Brendan. Brendan had several disabilities, most of the kids in the area were a bit freaked out by him but not me or my brother, so, most Saturdays I would pop in there for half an hour or so and Mrs Mac would bring out some Yo-Yo's or Scotch fingers and some Woodies Lemonade. Brendan had pretty major speech disorders so smiles and frowns would be his communication. He loved his races, if I wasn't at cricket or footy in the afternoon I'd sit there and cheer on his nags in the 5th at Cheltenham.

Mum and Dad brought the house in '64, after they split we sold up and moved out in '92. When we left he was still there, Mrs Mac was well old and I never really knew what became of him.

Bugger me I do some research and find his number, he's still alive ( 68 ), still lives in the same house and has a carer with him from 12-4 every day. I'd left a message about a month ago and a lady called me back today. I'm going to pop in and see him on Monday afternoon.

I spoke with him earlier today, I could hear in his sounds that he knew who he was walking to, little *Boon* from across the road. His carer spoke to me after I chatted to him, she said he was in tears. I am now. Can't believe it. Haven't seen him in probably 25 years.

I've been several weeks trying to coordinate a time when myself, my brother ( who travels a lot for work ) and my Mum were all free on the same day/time to go and visit him. It all came together about a week and a half ago that we would get there tomorrow afternoon. As mentioned above his carer is there from 12-4 each day, I called yesterday to inform her ( after speaking several times to her about it ) that we'll be there tomorrow.

She pretty abruptly told me that Brendan certainly remembers us but neither of them see any reason that we should come in to see him.

Makes me wonder, does he not want to see us or does she not want us to see him / the place and how he's living?

Go again when the carer isn't there.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:

Go again when the carer isn't there.

I'm amazed he lives alone the other 20 hours of the day, in all honesty I doubt he'd be capable of opening the door.

I don't want to imagine what the time he spends alone is like.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 am

at least if you can speak to him through a door, even a sliding door so he can see you.

Otherwise, you can request the police do a welfare check
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:39 am

Footy Chick wrote:at least if you can speak to him through a door, even a sliding door so he can see you.

Otherwise, you can request the police do a welfare check

Probably leaning that way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Bit sad for you Booney, I know you have been looking forward to it

I agree, organise a welfare check and see if you can be in attendance
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Sitting at the Coopers bar at the airport ready to fly to Melbourne for 4 games, 2 of them in corporate boxes.....

Let the drinks flow and the SAFooty posts stop! 8)

Richmond v Sydney
Dogs v Cats
Carlton v Port (Box)
Essendon v Roos (Box)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:50 pm

carey wrote:Sitting at the Coopers bar at the airport ready to fly to Melbourne for 4 games, 2 of them in corporate boxes.....

Richmond v Sydney
Dogs v Cats
Carlton v Port (Box)
Essendon v Roos (Box)

Keep yours phones charged and handy across the weekend people.... :lol:

You got tickets for all the games mate?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:53 pm

carey wrote:Sitting at the Coopers bar at the airport ready to fly to Melbourne for 4 games, 2 of them in corporate boxes.....

Richmond v Sydney
Dogs v Cats
Carlton v Port (Box)
Essendon v Roos (Box)

Enjoy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Richmond v Sydney
Dogs v Cats
Carlton v Port (Box)
Essendon v Roos (Box)

Have a great time Carey, but please consider your audience... we love your late night “refreshed” posts.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby carey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Corona Man wrote:

Richmond v Sydney
Dogs v Cats
Carlton v Port (Box)
Essendon v Roos (Box)

Have a great time Carey, but please consider your audience... we love your late night “refreshed” posts.

I'll try not posting from the Crown.
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Richmond v Sydney
Dogs v Cats
Carlton v Port (Box)
Essendon v Roos (Box)

Enjoy.

With the exception of my liver and wallet I reckon I will have a great weekend.
carey
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

carey wrote:

Please do.

I'm sure we'll see many posts consisting of a single full stop.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Please do.

No point stopping half way through a full rant :lol:
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:07 pm

No more hash tags.

That one is still hanging around
carey
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 pm

carey wrote:No more hash tags.

That one is still hanging around

That one will remain a staple go to for many of us :lol:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 pm

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Please do.

No point stopping half way through a full rant :lol:

I meant more of the sober edit the following day :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Booney, I rate Booney.

Cheers mate.