Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Pag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:13 am

valleys07 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I rate witnessing @valleys07 captain his beloved Hope Valley to a flag yesterday.

It was also good to see @Booney, @Footy Chick and @The Bedge at various stages.

Firstly dude - I cannot thank you and your lovely wife enough for offering to come out and take photo's of the day. I have admired your work behind the lens for many years, and I was incredibly grateful that you chose to come and support my club and I and capture memories of the day that we will all treasure for a lifetime. Based on what you have already sent me, we are all hanging for the completed album!

On to Saturday. Where do I even start?

Clubs are measured on success at A Grade level. It's not quite the be all and end all, but it's close. I have played at Hope Valley for 16 seasons, played over 200 games, achieved life membership and have played in flags prior to Saturday. I have also witnessed my club's A Grade lose 3 Grand Finals, from losing on pretty much the last kick of the day, to 100+ point beltings. I grew envious of blokes who had either played in A Grade flags themselves, or had witnessed their clubs have success in the top grade. Not just your Goodwood Saints of the league, but even bloody Mitchell Park has tasted A Grade success in recent times. In recent times I have found myself wondering when it would happen at my club..

On Saturday, it wasn't about me or any of the C grade lads. Whilst our game was important to us as individuals, most of the blokes in our side (except for the few who hadn't played in a flag before) would have given up a win in order to have the A Grade break their 25 year hoodoo, myself included.

Describing the scenes at Salisbury Oval at 4:30pm simply won't do it justice. When that siren went, it was utter pandemonium. Champagne and beer spraying everywhere. Hundreds of teammates, friends, wives, girlfriends and proud relatives just mobbing the 22 victorious A Graders. Plenty of cheers, and many, many tears. In December 2018, the club adopted the hashtag #timetoendthedrought. What season 2019 delivered was a shift in standards, a culture change, and the Grandest Flag of them all.

As for me - it might sound ridiculous, but like all kids who are footy fanatics - you dream of being an AFL star, on the big stage hoisting up the cup on the last Saturday in September. Whilst I didn't get close to fulfilling the first part of that dream :lol: , to be captain of a premiership team is something that I will hold dear to my heart for the rest of my life, even if it was only at C5 level. I missed out on the opportunity in 2018, my body not quite getting me to the finish line. Having to withdraw from that Grand Final side the night before was probably the hardest call I have had to make in sport, and I sort of feel like I was rewarded for my decision - not missing a game in 2019 and winning the Flag on Saturday. Premierships aren't easy to win, so going back-to-back is seriously special, and the C Grade became just the 2nd side in the club's 115 year history to achieve the feat.

I'll probably get mocked for the above post, but **** it. Saturday was a truly special day for me and my footy club. I am as aware as anyone that there is much more to life than a game of football, but from a sporting perspective, nothing will come close to 14.09.2019.

Up the Mighty Valleys!

Well written mate. I had a chat to Duggy after the game and was happy that he finally got his reward for his effort. Hopefully it's our turn next year now that you pricks are gone. ;)
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:24 am

valleys07 wrote:I'll probably get mocked for the above post, but **** it. Saturday was a truly special day for me and my footy club.

Wouldn't think anyone would mock you.. no one likes to lose, but seeing what your club achieved on the weekend, how much it meant to everyone and the wait and work thats been endured to get to this point... well it makes losing easier. It's hard not to be happy for the HVFC.

Congrats, well deserved.. enjoy every moment. Magic Memories.

p.s. thought you were outstanding early on in the C grade game.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:30 pm

I rate that Geelong are paying $3.20 for the win tomorrow night. Money for jam.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Bum Crack wrote:I rate that Geelong are paying $3.20 for the win tomorrow night. Money for jam.

Love your confidence but I can’t see you winning mate.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I rate that Geelong are paying $3.20 for the win tomorrow night. Money for jam.

Love your confidence but I can’t see you winning mate.

That's what everyone said last week too. No reason why we can't beat them. I'm more confident as the week goes on.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:52 pm

I had you winning last week even before they were mentally shot after Willie did not use his willie...

This week you will get slaughtered after half time by the tigers.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:56 pm

MW wrote:I had you winning last week even before they were mentally shot after Willie did not use his willie...

:lol: :lol:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
MW wrote:I had you winning last week even before they were mentally shot after Willie did not use his willie...

Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Spare a thought for this former Bomber and Perth player.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc- ... illie-dick
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

There's a bloke from here called Richard Anusz and everyone calls him Dick Bum. Poor bastard.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm

We had an employee called Richard Cockburn...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:30 pm

MW wrote:We had an employee called Richard Cockburn...

A kid from a neighbouring school when growing up was called Con Domopulous.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

There's a bloke from here called Richard Anusz and everyone calls him Dick Bum. Poor bastard.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dick-butt
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby LMA » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Great post, congrats Valleys, enjoy it!!

Another couple of GF's and Valleys can reacquaint themselves with the lights in North Havens changerooms ;) ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 am

Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Even saw Warnie drive past our tour group as he was coming into the ground and gave us a wave as we shouted out as he drove past.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:37 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Even saw Warnie drive past our tour group as he was coming into the ground and gave us a wave as we shouted out as he drove past.

That’s awesome!

Could imagine you being like a kid in a candy store, big smile and touching everything
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:14 am

LMA wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Great post, congrats Valleys, enjoy it!!

Another couple of GF's and Valleys can reacquaint themselves with the lights in North Havens changerooms ;) ;)

Ha, I took my daughter for a driving lesson on Sunday out to Outer Harbour and thought of that as we passed the footy club.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:45 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Enjoy mate. One of the best tours I’ve ever done. Amazing
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jase » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Getting a phone call from the surgeon to say Mrs Jase's operation had been successful and everything went really well.

Now for 3 weeks of recuperating in hospital and home...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby JK » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:36 pm

Jase wrote:Getting a phone call from the surgeon to say Mrs Jase's operation had been successful and everything went really well.

Now for 3 weeks of recuperating in hospital and home...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great news mate!!

I came in to rate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tams, but somehow it pales wellllllllllllll in significance to your news. Hope the recovery goes well for Mrs J bud
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion