What to buy the wife for Xmas

Anything!

Re: What to buy the wife for Xmas

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Don't know about the adultshop.com idea - unless it's something you both discuss often. Some of those vibrator things can be bloody scary looking if you're not expecting to unwrap one! ('What's this? A socket wrench? Gee, just what I wanted... hang on, WHAT did you say it was?') :shock:

The Jurlique thing sounds like a winner to me, ditto the Pandora bracelet (but not at $300 per charm. That's just bloody insane!)

But the raffle/voucher book idea is deffo the best one in my opinion. How many blokes would ever think of something like that?
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:38 am

Footy Chick wrote:Go to a Harvey Norman or some other form of photo shop and take a really nice picture with you of the kids, animals, you two together etc.. and have them put on a 2010 calender.

I know these things have a bit of a wait so not sure if you've left enough time to get it done.

But it's a nice thought :D

The Minister of War would beat me like a one legged step child if I even suggested that as an offering. After 22 years it's cash, & cash only.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 am

I'd only come up with a Jurlique pack if that's a brand your wife uses.
Women have their preferred cosmetics they have decided suit them by trial and error, and its best to stick with that brand.
You could be in trouble for offering what may be seen as - and may actually be - an inferior product..
My first wife used Max Factor, and my second YSL.

Even blokes can have preferences.
I"ve used my preferred and subtle Dior aftershave - Eau Sauvage - for many years, and haven't come across anything else I'd be prepared to use since.
If anyone gave me anything else I'd probably thank them politely, then bin it discretely later, to not hurt their feelings.
A wife may not be as nice about it, as you are supposed to know, and care about, their preferences after some time together
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:04 am

Psyber wrote:I'd only come up with a Jurlique pack if that's a brand your wife uses.
Women have their preferred cosmetics they have decided suit them by trial and error, and its best to stick with that brand.
You could be in trouble for offering what may be seen as - and may actually be - an inferior product..
My first wife used Max Factor, and my second YSL.

Even blokes can have preferences.
I"ve used my preferred and subtle Dior aftershave - Eau Sauvage - for many years, and haven't come across anything else I'd be prepared to use since.
If anyone gave me anything else I'd probably thank them politely, then bin it discretely later, to not hurt their feelings.
A wife may not be as nice about it, as you are supposed to know, and care about, their preferences after some time together

Yeah, whatever mate. We all know you are a Blue Stratos man :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:20 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Don't know about the adultshop.com idea - unless it's something you both discuss often. Some of those vibrator things can be bloody scary looking if you're not expecting to unwrap one! ('What's this? A socket wrench? Gee, just what I wanted... hang on, WHAT did you say it was?') :shock:

The Jurlique thing sounds like a winner to me, ditto the Pandora bracelet (but not at $300 per charm. That's just bloody insane!)

But the raffle/voucher book idea is deffo the best one in my opinion. How many blokes would ever think of something like that?

That's why I have a good strike rate. It's the little things. ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby trev » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:18 am

Man: Well sweetheart its that time of year again, What would you like for Christmas?

Woman: A Divorce!

Man: Crap. I wasn't going to spend that much.
"Pressure? Pressure is a Messerschmidt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."
trev
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:21 am

trev wrote:Man: Well sweetheart its that time of year again, What would you like for Christmas?

Woman: A Divorce!

Man: Crap. I wasn't going to spend that much.

:D

Man "Would you like to go on a holiday for Christmas"
Woman "Yes, that would be lovely"
Man "Okay, I'm going to Brazil, I don't care where you go"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Don't know about the adultshop.com idea - unless it's something you both discuss often. Some of those vibrator things can be bloody scary looking if you're not expecting to unwrap one! ('What's this? A socket wrench? Gee, just what I wanted... hang on, WHAT did you say it was?') :shock:

i did one of those, but not for Christmas, just a once off in October. got me out of trouble for a couple of weeks... then the month finished and all the voucher expired and she's been bustin my chops for a new one since...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:41 am

The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:21 am

If your missus likes her baths, then I recommend bath bombs from Lush in rundle mall, they also have soaps, face masks etc ...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Psyber » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:23 am

I bought my wife a wheel barrow once - a lightweight model she had said she wanted sometime anyway.
It came disassembled in a large box which I wrapped in nice Christmas paper and handed to her in bed.
[I did have a small personal gift up my sleeve as well to help her recover from the surprise and joy.]
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

i did one of those, but not for Christmas, just a once off in October. got me out of trouble for a couple of weeks... then the month finished and all the voucher expired and she's been bustin my chops for a new one since...

Expiry date, you bloody scrooge. You need to throw in lots of free hugs, it can make light of an argument when you are really p'd off and she pulls out a free hug voucher, you have to honour it and you end up laughing your argument off. Other things to include are:
Foot massage
Massage
Night off cooking
Going out for a meal
Dishes
Watching her favourite movie
Clean the room
A walk
Taking the kids out for an hour
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Make up your own raffle/ voucher book, have each page entitling her to special things like a massage, a dinner, an afternoon away from the kids, it costs bugger all and means a lot, play your cards right and you'll prosper aswell.
Just remember it's her gift.

The more I look at this, the more I like it. You don't happen to have a template saved on your computer that you can e-mail me? :)
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Make up your own raffle/ voucher book, have each page entitling her to special things like a massage, a dinner, an afternoon away from the kids, it costs bugger all and means a lot, play your cards right and you'll prosper aswell.

The more I look at this, the more I like it. You don't happen to have a template saved on your computer that you can e-mail me? :)

Na sorry Crevis, If I get time today I'll see what I can do. You'd probably be better off doing it as you know what appeals to her, apparently the other sex has different tastes to each other. We're the easy gender. :D
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Na sorry Crevis, If I get time today I'll see what I can do. You'd probably be better off doing it as you know what appeals to her, apparently the other sex has different tastes to each other. We're the easy gender. :D

They all taste the same to me...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 am

Moe wrote:Surely i am not the only one out there with this dilemma.

A budget of $20-30. Get something nice or funny, from the heart.
Well thats the instruction... BUT
Do i overspend on something she will like? Knowing fully well she will be upset because said wife only spent $19.95 on a T-shirt with a funny slogan OR
do I spend $25 on body chocolate? Knowing fully well said wife has spent $99 on Geelong DVD of 2009 finals series, and body chocolate proves i have no imagination whatsoever except about you know what!

Decisions, decisions.......

It's a dilemma to be sure Moe. One I had as well so I'd like to share with you how I solved it. My budget is also limited. My solution was to go halves with my sister and her other half and a joint gift. Put a couple of extra names on the card, put a couple of extra $ into the kitty but the important thing is that YOU pick out the gift. If she expects humour with a minium of expense you have an excellent chance of securing some wifey brownie points if you can select something that is feminine and or romantic, as opposed to the body chocolate ha ha. Or think about something that she needs..and think about the fact that you might be the ONLY person who knows she needs that particular item because you know her so well.

Example. My wife is taking the kids to Adelaide in the New Year period and she doesn't have a great sense of direction. I went halves with my sister and we got her a GPS for the car. Only I know she needs it, it's going to cost more than she thinks I can spend and I suggested the choice of gift and sis chipped in with buckeroonies as she calls them. Cost 150 clams. A wife's love.....priceless. ;)

Good luck and a Merry Christmas to you Moemar.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

No probs. I was just seeing if you did have one, I could get in and amend it to her taste. She's not that fussy though. She has been with me for 17 years :shock:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:40 am

Bum Crack wrote:No probs. I was just seeing if you did have one, I could get in and amend it to her taste. She's not that fussy though. She has been with me for 17 years :shock:

She'll love it then, I wont tell her that I suggested it ;) , make sure you add some hearts and girly-like icons on it. She will tell her friends and family and they'll make you feel a million bucks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:No probs. I was just seeing if you did have one, I could get in and amend it to her taste. She's not that fussy though. She has been with me for 17 years :shock:

She'll love it then, I wont tell her that I suggested it ;) , make sure you add some hearts and girly-like icons on it. She will tell her friends and family and they'll make you feel a million bucks.

so do you have an template then?? If not, how about you whip one up for me?? :lol: :lol:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:55 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

so do you have an template then?? If not, how about you whip one up for me?? :lol: :lol:

I'll see how I go after lunch, I've done no work for the day so far, the usual Friday morning hangover.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion