I need to know....

Anything!

I need to know....

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 am

This has been bugging me for weeks now - so I thought I'd put it out to the masses.

Have been driving to work along West Terrace lateley and been noticing all the car dealerships now have double/triple story buildings with the cars all displayed on the highest stories ( a-la CMI Toyota and the BMW dealership)

My question: How the hell do they get the cars in and out? :shock: I've been looking for something that resembles a car lift or something but can't make one out.

Also -If you need to know something - here's the place to ask! :D
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24908
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1257 times
Been liked: 1751 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 am

They dismantle the cars and then rebuild them upstairs :D
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 445 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: I need to know....

Postby A Mum » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 am

I've seen that too FC - I pressume they have some kind of small 'drive up ramp' like they have in car parks hidden somewhere ??

O:)
You get what you give....
User avatar
A Mum
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10111
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: I need to know....

Postby Iron Fist » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:49 am

theres a ramp at CMI
if ya turn down the side street and look into the building out back you see the ramp. Also you can see it from front on if ya look carefully

No idea how they get the BMW's up there though??
get on board the thunder train!!!
User avatar
Iron Fist
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3801
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: thunder train
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Re: I need to know....

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 am

There are several things that have been bothering me for a long time so here goes:

1. Those little packets of silicone you get in boxes of taco shells. 'Do Not Eat', they say. Why is such a warning necessary? And, now that they've put the idea in my head, why can't I eat them?

2. Why don't schools teach kids to f***ing spell?

3. Does anyone know where I can find episodes of 'Twins of Destiny', a rather violent animated children's story that screened on ABC in 1995?

4. Where can I buy collard greens in South Australia?

5. Can you use Yojimbo's Zanmato attack to defeat Penance in Final Fantasy X? (I'd rather do that than fight it for two hours.)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
User avatar
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:33 pm
Location: Happy Valley
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Re: I need to know....

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am

Adelaide Motors BMW have a car lift in it, I've riden up in it!

Next time you go past BMW, look in the showroom on the Northern side and look at the big "silver eye balls" on the wall. Nice product they are.... ;)
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42326
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3850 times
Been liked: 6581 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:57 am

Booney wrote:Adelaide Motors BMW have a car lift in it, I've riden up in it!

Next time you go past BMW, look in the showroom on the Northern side and look at the big "silver eye balls" on the wall. Nice product they are.... ;)


They've hidden it well then. Thank you all for your replies. I'll sleep better tonight now :lol:
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 24908
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1257 times
Been liked: 1751 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:Adelaide Motors BMW have a car lift in it, I've riden up in it!

Next time you go past BMW, look in the showroom on the Northern side and look at the big "silver eye balls" on the wall. Nice product they are.... ;)


They've hidden it well then. Thank you all for your replies. I'll sleep better tonight now :lol:


If you drive down the lane between BMW and the Subaru dealer you can see the lift. Pretty nice, all glass etc. Well,I suppose it is BMW.....
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42326
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3850 times
Been liked: 6581 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:There are several things that have been bothering me for a long time so here goes:

1. Those little packets of silicone you get in boxes of taco shells. 'Do Not Eat', they say. Why is such a warning necessary? And, now that they've put the idea in my head, why can't I eat them?

2. Why don't schools teach kids to f***ing spell?

3. Does anyone know where I can find episodes of 'Twins of Destiny', a rather violent animated children's story that screened on ABC in 1995?

4. Where can I buy collard greens in South Australia?

5. Can you use Yojimbo's Zanmato attack to defeat Penance in Final Fantasy X? (I'd rather do that than fight it for two hours.)


Great show!
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
User avatar
Baron Greenback
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:57 am
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Re: I need to know....

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 am

Baron Greenback wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:There are several things that have been bothering me for a long time so here goes:

1. Those little packets of silicone you get in boxes of taco shells. 'Do Not Eat', they say. Why is such a warning necessary? And, now that they've put the idea in my head, why can't I eat them?

2. Why don't schools teach kids to f***ing spell?

3. Does anyone know where I can find episodes of 'Twins of Destiny', a rather violent animated children's story that screened on ABC in 1995?

4. Where can I buy collard greens in South Australia?

5. Can you use Yojimbo's Zanmato attack to defeat Penance in Final Fantasy X? (I'd rather do that than fight it for two hours.)


Great show!

I think there is a show by the same name now showing on Redtube
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 445 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:Adelaide Motors BMW have a car lift in it, I've riden up in it!

Next time you go past BMW, look in the showroom on the Northern side and look at the big "silver eye balls" on the wall. Nice product they are.... ;)


They've hidden it well then. Thank you all for your replies. I'll sleep better tonight now :lol:


Don't believe them Chicky, the cars in the windows are made out of cardboard, they keep the real ones in the underground manufacturing plant
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 33663
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2490 times
Been liked: 1897 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby Dog_ger » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:Adelaide Motors BMW have a car lift in it, I've riden up in it!

Next time you go past BMW, look in the showroom on the Northern side and look at the big "silver eye balls" on the wall. Nice product they are.... ;)


They've hidden it well then. Thank you all for your replies. I'll sleep better tonight now :lol:


Don't believe them Chicky, the cars in the windows are made out of cardboard, they keep the real ones in the underground manufacturing plant


They are not real cars.

They are a de-hydrated car that bursts into life when you add water.... :shock: :shock: :partyman:
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
User avatar
Dog_ger
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:25 pm
Location: Salisbury Downs
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Media Park » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

There are no cars... You are imagining it... :lol:
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
User avatar
Media Park
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13864
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:28 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: I need to know....

Postby fish » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Media Park wrote:There are no cars... You are imagining it... :lol:

Maybe they're holograms? :weedman:
User avatar
fish
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6680
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:28 pm
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Tassie Blues » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:22 pm

if any one out there is driving a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander. Kia Sonata or Hyundai Santa fe looking at getting a new card and it down to these 3. All have what we are looking for and about hat we are looking to spend.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Re: I need to know....

Postby spell_check » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This has been bugging me for weeks now - so I thought I'd put it out to the masses.

Have been driving to work along West Terrace lateley and been noticing all the car dealerships now have double/triple story buildings with the cars all displayed on the highest stories ( a-la CMI Toyota and the BMW dealership)

My question: How the hell do they get the cars in and out? :shock: I've been looking for something that resembles a car lift or something but can't make one out.

Also -If you need to know something - here's the place to ask! :D


I'd like to see someone do a Cameron Frye and make it crash accidentally out of the top floor! :)
User avatar
spell_check
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18365
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:56 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:This has been bugging me for weeks now - so I thought I'd put it out to the masses.

Have been driving to work along West Terrace lateley and been noticing all the car dealerships now have double/triple story buildings with the cars all displayed on the highest stories ( a-la CMI Toyota and the BMW dealership)

My question: How the hell do they get the cars in and out? :shock: I've been looking for something that resembles a car lift or something but can't make one out.

Also -If you need to know something - here's the place to ask! :D


This is how they do it
user756_1149744710.jpg
user756_1149744710.jpg (26.55 KiB) Viewed 10992 times
User avatar
LMA
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 337 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: I need to know....

Postby Ian » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:04 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:
2. Why don't schools teach kids to f***ing spell?


That could also be in the "things that give me the shits" thread

I blame computers and spell check (not the person) for lack of spelling and grammar, on the computer there is no excuse, use spell check!
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
User avatar
Ian
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:25 pm
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Re: I need to know....

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 am

Ian wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:
2. Why don't schools teach kids to f***ing spell?


That could also be in the "things that give me the shits" thread

I blame computers and spell check (not the person) for lack of spelling and grammar, on the computer there is no excuse, use spell check!


I'd say the allowances made for education in the state and federal budgets. Seeing class numbers up near or over 30 kids in a class, no wonder teachers don't have the time to spend quality one on one time with each child.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42326
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3850 times
Been liked: 6581 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Psyber » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:50 am

Booney wrote: If you drive down the lane between BMW and the Subaru dealer you can see the lift. Pretty nice, all glass etc. Well,I suppose it is BMW.....
I've driven several BMW models at different times, and I've never bought one.
BMWs are not bad, but steady rather than exciting in handling - very like most Mercedes Benz models and the A-series Audis really.
The top end cars from all three makers are more interesting, but I have no doubt that if I were spending big money on a car now I go for the Audi R8.
The right Porsche model would be the only other consideration.
[I've never quite understood people who pay so much for cars with ordinary handling and performance for the name on the badge.]
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11627
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 234 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoundaryRider84 and 3 guests