I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Been a lull in weddings on here, anyone in the process of or has recently got hitched?

There was a run of weddings and honeymoons a few years back.

Is TDK getting hitched?
Did I read that on here somewhere

Silly boy.

Correct, you did read that on here, March next year is our wedding. Booked in our venue the other day.

Im assuming you play cricket, cricket finals time?

Yes I play cricket and but no our wedding date is not when the finals will be in our association which are always the last 2 weekends of March. Because I play both cricket and footy our wedding day was obviously most likely going on a Saturday I play sport on. Having to sacrifice one Saturday after playing both sports for over 10 years now and hardly missing a game is fine by me.

We did look at having it in May 2021 but having it at a Winery where we can't have our ceremony until 5pm means it would get dark too quickly, so that ruled out a winter wedding. Intially we thought November 2021 around the date when I popped the question but my missus felt it was too far away. We also felt January and February might be too hot and I'm not having it in April because that's when my dad passed away so March it is.

So after looking at 3/4 venues (the 4th being where I popped the question but that's a pipe dream as it's out of our price range) we have our venue and I'm really happy with it.

Next to organise is the Photographer and Celebrant and my missus is all over it haha, she loves it, she's so organised and I love that. Her mums been good too as she's done it all before with my missus sister's wedding.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10297 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:39 am

Booney wrote:Is there anything more obnoxious than an American athlete holding a trophy?

They are dead set flogs.

Yep, it being the team owner that gets their hands on it before anyone else does that I find the most obnoxious thing.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:25 am

Peoples thoughts on this (third world problem ;) )

Driving along Greenhill Road , last in the line of traffic and 300m vacant behind. Car flys past (doing 80-100 in a 60 zone) and decides to try and squeeze in a gap that wasn’t there.

1. Do you not let them in as they only have to brake one car?

2. Think wanker and hold them out?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 am

Brodlach wrote:Peoples thoughts on this (third world problem ;) )

Driving along Greenhill Road , last in the line of traffic and 300m vacant behind. Car flys past (doing 80-100 in a 60 zone) and decides to try and squeeze in a gap that wasn’t there.

2 and look across at them as you pass shaking your head laughing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:40 am

Brodlach wrote:Peoples thoughts on this (third world problem ;) )

You see it with merging lanes or when there's roadworks, Average Joe will indicate early and merge, Billy Bumgrope will fly up and expect to be let in 10 metres from where his lane ends and skip 25 spots.

I tend to swing out a little when close enough to the bottleneck to be in the middle of two lanes so no one can pass either side, I don't try to jump the line either, I'll merge in where it's fair using the zipper effect.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:10 am

Yes there are some wankers who exploit it, but the lack of knowledge in SA on how to navigate zip lanes astounds me.
Simple rule is whichever car is in front when the lane markings disappear has right of way, regardless of how they got there.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:26 am

MW wrote:Yes there are some wankers who exploit it, but the lack of knowledge in SA on how to navigate zip lanes astounds me.
Simple rule is whichever car is in front when the lane markings disappear has right of way, regardless of how they got there.

I'm not sure if there's a lack of knowledge, I just think most people are impatient, rude and arrogant.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Yes there are some wankers who exploit it, but the lack of knowledge in SA on how to navigate zip lanes astounds me.

I'm not sure if there's a lack of knowledge, I just think most people are impatient, rude and arrogant.

More directed to the people who speed up and block the merge
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:13 am

I couldn't care less about other people on the road anymore, go past, slip in the lane, whatever, no point getting upset or angry as you never know when you're going to encounter some iced up crack head and end up with a wheel brace in your drivers window. Life's too short to worry about a car length or two.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby stan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:13 am

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

More directed to the people who speed up and block the merge
The intersection of Torrens road and Park Tce when Park TCE turns in to Fitzroy TCE is a great example of this.

Firstly people are idiots.
Second people are also bastards.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 am

Booney wrote:I couldn't care less about other people on the road anymore, go past, slip in the lane, whatever, no point getting upset or angry as you never know when you're going to encounter some iced up crack head and end up with a wheel brace in your drivers window. Life's too short to worry about a car length or two.

Yep, I plod along now and enjoy my journey as much as I can, I'm never in a rush so it makes little difference.

I still can't help myself to make things difficult for an idiot.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:30 am

MW wrote:More directed to the people who speed up and block the merge

Non-wavers piss me off the most, I let some dude in today thinking he may have needed to turn right at the next set of lights, no, he just wanted to be in the fast lane but refused to give me a complimentary wave, his rego number is now blacklisted :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:30 am

for those ones, where the lines just disappear, yes, that is how it is supposed to work.

however, for the ones where the lines continue on to the side of the road, so that the cars in the ending lane have to cross them, that isnt how it works. (think the on ramps to the south eastern freeway as an example) for the ones where a car has to cross the dotted lines, that car is supposed to give way to vehicles already in the continuing lane, just as if they were changing lanes somewhere else

although, most people seem to think that having their indicator on to change lanes gives them some magical ability to force others out of their way to let them in, but thats another argument.

for the record, i usually try to let others in when they want to change lanes, if they indicate with enough warning, even though i dont legally have to. (if they flick it on while im going faster than them and im already next to them they can wait) in Brodlachs above example, id make them wait.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Where is the lad that used to post plenty who played American Football ( don"t recall his name )
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:37 pm

shoe boy wrote:Where is the lad that used to post plenty who played American Football ( don"t recall his name )
HH3
Good question?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Where is the lad that used to post plenty who played American Football ( don"t recall his name )
HH3
Good question?

That is him .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:53 pm

shoe boy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
HH3
Good question?

That is him .

The company he works for has emerged from the 1950's with new owners and he gained a promotion so I would think he's either :

a) so busy he doesn't have time to post
b) now has an IT department overseeing him
c) b) won't let him do so much of a)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Boooo

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:59 pm

I never liked the bloke.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Spargo wrote:I never liked the bloke.

Yeah, little buddy
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion