I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:37 pm

And new players will mean more money for playing fees also which is a bonus.

How far into the season is it?

I'd almost tell the short team they have a month or so to fill their team.

Or do a survivor, where the players that played one week, don't play again until others have.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:43 pm

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:People thoughts

In a social sport comp should you be able to get unlimited fill ins from other teams in the same comp on a weekly basis?

If so should there be restrictions on the ability of the player from other teams you can get?

If it's social and one team is taking it far too seriously and they win the comp it doesn't matter, everyone else will think they're wankers anyway.

Totally agree, social comps should be more about enjoyment than winning.

No limits IMO, helps to keep the till turning over too, no one benefits from a forfeit

Agree we just have an issue at the moment where a team is down to 5 players in a netball comp and rather than them trying to find new players they are borrowing the two best players in the comp from another side

Now teams are refusing to play against them and just forfeiting because they are now losing 30-40 to nil each time they play this team

I want the comp to be as social as possible but this one team is definitely taking advantage of our social nature, the other issue is the two players they keep using are away in October and the team that is borrowing them has already said they will forfeit, we need them to try and find new players rather than rely on other teams

Problem is that they look at it they they have "recruited" two new players and techniquelly they have
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:51 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And new players will mean more money for playing fees also which is a bonus.

How far into the season is it?

I'd almost tell the short team they have a month or so to fill their team.

Or do a survivor, where the players that played one week, don't play again until others have.

It's only just starting a new season and my first at this centre but I have very clearly been informed of the issues which happened all last season by the other teams

I'm think a grace period might be the answer and hopefully be somewhat of middle ground solution

Funny part will be if I tell the team no more fill ins they will definitely be watching what other teams do lol
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 pm

If someone is getting married and has asked for money as a gift what is the protocol for the amount given?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 pm

I go by how much you would spend on a 3 course meal and drinks if you were paying yourself. Double it for a couple. But, not sure there is set rules just whatever you are comfortable with.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:If someone is getting married and has asked for money as a gift what is the protocol for the amount given?

$5 and a scratchie.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:If someone is getting married and has asked for money as a gift what is the protocol for the amount given?

We go $100 as a couple. If it was someone really close probably double
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:53 am

How scummy. Mind you it is incentive for me to finally get married. I'll put on peanuts in the front bar of the Hope Inn if everyone buys me drinks all night.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:19 am

bennymacca wrote:

We go $100 as a couple. If it was someone really close probably double

I think $200 is about right, you'd probably spend $100 on a gift so chuck in another $100 to thank them for saving you the headache of picking something.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:22 am

Gozu wrote:

$5 and a scratchie.

Don't forget to demand a finder's fee if the scratchie wins.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:40 am

I give what I can afford, and if they don't appreciate that, they're probably not the kind of people I'd make the effort for.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks for the replies

Was thinking $200

They have been together for years and a couple of kids and a home so presents really would be difficult
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:34 pm

I find it somewhat rude to be honest.

If it was a young couple starting up a new life together I could understand, an established couple shouldn't need to ask for money.

When I got married we asked for no gifts as we already had a child together and were buying a house, the same will go for my next wedding too, I'd sooner have the presence of friends not presents, asking for money is something I just couldn't bring myself to do.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

If it was a young couple starting up a new life together I could understand, an established couple shouldn't need to ask for money.

When I got married we asked for no gifts as we already had a child together and were buying a house, the same will go for my next wedding too, I'd sooner have the presence of friends not presents, asking for money is something I just couldn't bring myself to do.

What about your wedding after that and after that?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:What about your wedding after that and after that?

Be f****d if I'll go a 3rd time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

We told people they didn't have to give us anything, but if they wanted to, it was completely up to them.

Some might've wanted to give something, but are terrible at picking gifts, so wanted to give money.

Some wanted to give gifts.

Some couldn't give anything.

They all had a good, guilt free time at our wedding. People still talk about it over a year later.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:00 pm

HH3 wrote:
We told people they didn't have to give us anything, but if they wanted to, it was completely up to them.

Some might've wanted to give something, but are terrible at picking gifts, so wanted to give money.

Some wanted to give gifts.

Some couldn't give anything.

They all had a good, guilt free time at our wedding. People still talk about it over a year later.

Good stuff mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:39 pm

When my wife and I got married, I just asked everyone if they could deposit $100 into my ubet account.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:55 pm

I think it is poor taste to say you want presents at all, let alone specify money.
You invite people to celebrate your day and if they bring a present rather than just themselves that is a bonus and you should just accept it gracefully and discreetly.

Mind you I started declining birthday presents at 16 - my line was "I don't really need anything - unless, of course, you are offering a Ferrari."

I feel the same way about taking wine when going to a friend's for dinner - normally the host has already selected wine to match the meal.
You can do the same when they come to your place
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I must say they said IF we wish to give a gift...

I get your point and I'm not a present getting person either
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion