I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Ok. I've never been to the Sevenhill Winery to be honest. Might give it a miss for a bit longer yet.

MC, just endorsed it, we only went once and might have just copped someone having a bad day.

It was a beautiful place inside and out though.

It sounds like he is only in Clare for the arvo.
The 2 most picture esque places are oleary walker and sevenhill cellars for completely different reasons.
OW for the views and SC for the buildings etc.
I'm not much into wines so tastings service etc I can't comment on at SC.
Have had several functions at OW and always well looked after.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Awesome thanks, will look all of these up.

Wedding anniversary and taking advantage of the employer giving me a day off to spend time in fire impacted area's. I know Clare wasn't affected but going to do breakfast in Lobethal on the way up and finish on the YP.

Did a B&B in Mintaro quite a few years back, do remember the pub quite well!

Hoping to drop through Robertstown on the way up also, lived there for 18 months as a 5yo.

Did you get held back from turning 6?

haha can't remember, its amazing what I do remember from the short time we were there though.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:02 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
whufc wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:I have Auburn and Sevenhill on par as the best 2 pubs in the Valley.
They are a step above the others for food quality.
If you are just there for lunch pick between those 2 or Indii in the main street.
Oleary walker and sevenhill cellars would be my choices for wineries to call into.

I havent eaten at the Auburn pub yet.

I hear really good things about the Watervale Hotel but haven't been there yet either plus they are doing reno's at the moment.

I too am yet to eat at watervale.
The 3 I mentioned I have always loved, been to all 3 this year already. Never disappointed.
Might even have take away indii this week as we are staying in the caravan park with a couple of other families.
Other place I have been told to try and will look to in the next month is the Italian place Umbria.
Have been told they are doing well and expanding

Yeah Umbria is great
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:33 am

Am i being to naive not being concerned about the coronavirus entering into Europe with a holiday only 54 days away.
whufc
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 am

whufc wrote:Am i being to naive not being concerned about the coronavirus entering into Europe with a holiday only 54 days away.

Hard to say, but they’re starting to use th term ‘pandemic’ and its starting to spread throughout Europe. Where are you headed?

I’d make sure I had adequate travel insurance, at any rate. Disruptions might be more of an issue than illness.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:54 am

Magellan wrote:
whufc wrote:Am i being to naive not being concerned about the coronavirus entering into Europe with a holiday only 54 days away.

Hard to say, but they’re starting to use th term ‘pandemic’ and its starting to spread throughout Europe. Where are you headed?

I’d make sure I had adequate travel insurance, at any rate. Disruptions might be more of an issue than illness.

This. This. This.

Word this morning the Toyko Olympics may be cancelled.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:04 am

Magellan wrote:

Yeah heading to France, Luxembourg, Germany, London, Ireland.

Definitely have travel insurance so just have to trust coronovirus would be covered. Some theories around that coronovirus illness would not be covered by insurance on the fact we have gone there knowing it, im not sure thought tbh im pretty naive in regards to all that kind of stuff.

I figure im just as likely to catch it in Australia as i am over there.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:20 am

whufc wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Yeah heading to France, Luxembourg, Germany, London, Ireland.

Definitely have travel insurance so just have to trust coronovirus would be covered. Some theories around that coronovirus illness would not be covered by insurance on the fact we have gone there knowing it, im not sure thought tbh im pretty naive in regards to all that kind of stuff.

I figure im just as likely to catch it in Australia as i am over there.

That's not how I read the situation, sounds as though Australia is on top of things ( at the moment ) whereas Italy and Croatia in particular are really struggling to stay on top of it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:26 am

800 people every year in Australia die from the flu, is it worse than what we currently get?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 am

No, Italy has now lost 11 lives from it.

It is real.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:32 am

Magellan wrote:

Travel insurance aint worth shit when you're dead.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I am a number guy. Italy has a population of 60.8 million people. Only 350 cases so far 0.0005% chance of contracting. From that 350 cases only 3% of people have died (11 people)

As it stands the chances of dying in Italy of coronovirus are 0.000018%

ps my math well and truly could be slightly out but you get the point im making.

I guess thats my problem, i dont really see this as being any more of a big deal than it currently is me living in Clare.
Last edited by whufc on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:38 am

How old were the people that died?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:

You reckon whufc will die here before he flies out to Europe in 54 days?

Far, far more likely there will be circumstances that prevent travel or provide him with a very strong incentive to not go than dying of it in little old Adelaide, and that's where the insurance does it's work. Keep in mind the majority of death are the aged, infants, or health professionals who have been repeatedly exposed to it.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:43 am

whufc wrote:
I am a number guy. Italy has a population of 60.8 million people. Only 350 cases so far 0.0005% chance of contracting. From that 350 cases only 3% of people have died (11 people)

As it stands the chances of dying in Italy of coronovirus are 0.000018%

ps my math well and truly could be slightly out but you get the point im making.

I guess thats my problem, i dont really see this as being any more of a big deal than it currently is me living in Clare.

That's why they call it an "outbreak".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 am

Brodlach wrote:How old were the people that died?

Mainly older adults over 80 years of age.

Death rates from contraction in the western world currently stand at 0.4% compared to 2.7% in third world countries.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 am

Magellan wrote:You reckon whufc will die here before he flies out to Europe in 54 days?

Far, far more likely there will be circumstances that prevent travel or provide him with a very strong incentive to not go than dying of it in little old Adelaide, and that's where the insurance does it's work. Keep in mind the majority of death are the aged, infants, or health professionals who have been repeatedly exposed to it.

Yeah, I'm just jealous and want him to forfeit his ticket to me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:You reckon whufc will die here before he flies out to Europe in 54 days?

Yeah, I'm just jealous and want him to forfeit his ticket to me.

You may be able to have it. The coronavirus has been the perfect excuse for the ex to just add a little bit more stress to the holiday.
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 am

I think Coronavirus deaths are due to those people being elderly or with a pre-existing medical condition. But you may catch it, and then have to deal with it whilst on holiday....nothing worse than being sick on a holiday!

However Serie-A matches are going ahead behind locked gates with no fans allowed!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:05 am

whufc wrote:
You may be able to have it. The coronavirus has been the perfect excuse for the ex to just add a little bit more stress to the holiday.

Is it one way?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion