I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:12 am

Has anyone been forced to take annual leave? Even in the past?

Does it mean you have to take it immediately or can you just book some for down the track to appease them?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone been forced to take annual leave? Even in the past?

Does it mean you have to take it immediately or can you just book some for down the track to appease them?
Yep, I was able to plan for something a couple months later

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone been forced to take annual leave? Even in the past?

You don't have to take it immediately, typically within 8 weeks is the expectation.

However, in this climate where travel is out of the question any employer asking staff to take annual leave ( due to the amount accrued ) is a bit rich. Where are you/can you go?

If it was me, I'd take 1 weeks leave and ask to be paid for two weeks. Have one week at home pottering around and do some jobs, have some extra cash in hand to do them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby MW » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:22 am

My work has a policy of keeping it below 30 days owing and are allowed to force you if it gets above that.
In saying that, they are now trying to enforce everyone to have no more than 5 outstanding days by end of September to reduce their liabilities and make the balance sheet more appealing to the shareholders no doubt.... I will be checking my EBA that's for sure because if this included LSL I will not work for the rest of the year...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Phew, hopefully I can do the same, otherwise I'll see if they can pay me.

The wife is annoyed at me for trying to get out of it, she's working from home on alternate weeks and thought it would be nice if I had some time off at the same time.

I don't see that as a holiday, and a full house where they argue constantly without realizing it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:26 am

At the time, I had 6 weeks accrued, so and I was going to take a week anyway. They requested in september and i took leave in december of that year. I now have 12 weeks accrued and not a thing been said

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:27 am

Booney wrote:

You don't have to take it immediately, typically within 8 weeks is the expectation.

However, in this climate where travel is out of the question any employer asking staff to take annual leave ( due to the amount accrued ) is a bit rich. Where are you/can you go?

If it was me, I'd take 1 weeks leave and ask to be paid for two weeks. Have one week at home pottering around and do some jobs, have some extra cash in hand to do them.

I could probably deal with that, I like coming to work though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:28 am

MW wrote:

My work has a policy of keeping it below 30 days owing and are allowed to force you if it gets above that.
In saying that, they are now trying to enforce everyone to have no more than 5 outstanding days by end of September to reduce their liabilities and make the balance sheet more appealing to the shareholders no doubt.... I will be checking my EBA that's for sure because if this included LSL I will not work for the rest of the year...

30 days is a bit low I reckon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I'l get taxed 48% of the A/L cashed in though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Round of golf, get the bike down the beach front for a day, walk in the national park, chuck a rod in one morning at Brighton for some squid.

I'll take it if you don't want it? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:30 am

i don't have a problem keeping it below 30 days...that's 6 weeks leave so plenty. I do have a problem reducing it to 5 days!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby tipper » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:32 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

yep, my work dont like anyone having too high an annual leave balance. i got the tap on the shoulder once telling me i had to take some, any my response was that i was planning on taking all of it when our second child turns up (missus was pregnant at the time) which was all good by them.

mind you, in the current situation, it may be very different.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:32 am

MW wrote:i don't have a problem keeping it below 30 days...that's 6 weeks leave so plenty. I do have a problem reducing it to 5 days!

Absolutely!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:47 am

I was due to start 2 weeks leave today, I cancelled it as we were planning a short trip to the EP. Id prefer to take it when I can actually do something mroe than I can right now, plus work needs all hands on deck atm.

Our policy is that we have to take 10 consectutive business days each year, so I will be forced to take this by 30/9/20, hoping some restrictions are lifted by then.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Spangas » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The wife is annoyed at me for trying to get out of it, she's working from home on alternate weeks and thought it would be nice if I had some time off at the same time.

Yep, no thanks. It's rare to get any time in my house to myself, so I'd be doing everything in my power to be ALONE.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Spangas » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:47 am

Has anybody had their dog desexed recently? I have a male border collie and need an idea on price (northeast Adelaide area).
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:56 am

Spangas wrote:Has anybody had their dog desexed recently? I have a male border collie and need an idea on price (northeast Adelaide area).

I’ve been quoted to get my border collie desexed & have his third lot of shots around $500
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spangas » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:59 am

Spargo wrote:
Spangas wrote:Has anybody had their dog desexed recently? I have a male border collie and need an idea on price (northeast Adelaide area).

I’ve been quoted to get my border collie desexed & have his third lot of shots around $500

Cheers. I just rang 'Adelaide Desexing Clinic' and they quoted $265 if he's under 20kg.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The wife is annoyed at me for trying to get out of it, she's working from home on alternate weeks and thought it would be nice if I had some time off at the same time.

Yep, no thanks. It's rare to get any time in my house to myself, so I'd be doing everything in my power to be ALONE.

She just don't get it!!

When we book a little getaway she invites those who I'm trying to "getaway" from!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Spangas wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Cheers. I just rang 'Adelaide Desexing Clinic' and they quoted $265 if he's under 20kg.

I paid about that from memory.
We got some other shots for worming/fleas etc at the same time that were due so all up it’s was about $450.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion