I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:54 am

Vamos wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Vamos wrote:A 4 hour drinks package for an 8 hour game doesn't make sense to me :-O

It makes the half time show with Eminem bearable.
The final 2 minutes of the game will take 4hrs!

That's always a talking point this time of year for those who don't follow it. I watched a bit on Monday. After a big build up, the kickoff to start the game goes out of play (presumably on purpose) then they take a minute or so to regroup and restart :lol:

Haven't seen work ethic like that since my days as a Wharfie.

I enjoyed the bit where the players did nothing for a minute then with 30 seconds to go the coaches, players, media all walked onto the field and celebrated the win. The two coaches congratulated / commiserated each other and as they were walking off the crowd counted down 10..9..8..7..6..5......
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:26 am

How will Spotify continue to operate now Joni Mitchell is withdrawing her music from the platform?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:How will Spotify continue to operate now Joni Mitchell is withdrawing her music from the platform?

I thought she was dead then I saw a recent photo of her
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How will Spotify continue to operate now Joni Mitchell is withdrawing her music from the platform?

And you still thought she was dead?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:57 am

Brodlach wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:03 am

Brodlach wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

I thought I'd leave that little bit of gold sitting around to see who picked it up :YMHUG:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:04 am

Same with Neil Young

I believe Lynyrd Skynyrd are writing a song about him puting down Spotify
Attachments
NY.jpg
NY.jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:31 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

I must confess that I do like all of her song.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:33 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Same with Neil Young

I believe Lynyrd Skynyrd are writing a song about him puting down Spotify

I was going to add Neil Young into the post but anyone who gets their name included into the lyrics of an epic song has sort of made it in the industry.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 am

James Blunt has threatened to release new music on Spotify if they don't remove Rogans podcast..... :lol: :lol: :lol: What a legend.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:58 pm

If you complain about womens footy, you get told 'just don't watch it', which I somewhat agree with.

But if you don't like the Joe Rogan podcast, why is it acceptable to demand its removal. Why can't people 'just not listen to it'.

I can accept people not liking JR's product, but what does it contain that it is so bad, we can't let the general public decide if they listen to it themselves. Why do we need all these people to come out and remove it to protect the general population who aren't smart enough to make their own choice?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Trader wrote:If you complain about womens footy, you get told 'just don't watch it', which I somewhat agree with.

But if you don't like the Joe Rogan podcast, why is it acceptable to demand its removal. Why can't people 'just not listen to it'.

I can accept people not liking JR's product, but what does it contain that it is so bad, we can't let the general public decide if they listen to it themselves. Why do we need all these people to come out and remove it to protect the general population who aren't smart enough to make their own choice?

They don't want to be associated with the same company that supports his views.

It's like having someone in your side that has done something ethically wrong in your eyes but your coach continues to play him, do you play alongside him or leave?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:If you complain about womens footy, you get told 'just don't watch it', which I somewhat agree with.

They don't want to be associated with the same company that supports his views.

It's like having someone in your side that has done something ethically wrong in your eyes but your coach continues to play him, do you play alongside him or leave?

Cheers, makes sense.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:39 pm

I am a 100% supporter of free speech as long as the content is what I want you to see / hear.

Same with the Murdoch haters. There is more non-Murdoch media than ever before he bought all the papers but they still want to shut him down
Same people complain when the ABC say anything negative about the left.
Always fun when a government minister goes on Insiders. You'd think it was the end of the world
Insiders, Q+A and The Project can stay on TV: I just choose not to watch them
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:55 pm

Some of what JR is saying is put across as facts when it is not actual facts or proven to be facts
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:11 pm

MW wrote:

Some of what JR is saying is put across as facts when it is not actual facts or proven to be facts

So lets ban wrestling too. That presents itself as sport but is really just entertainment.
We don't ban it, cause we trust the public to have the intelligence to understand what is and isn't true.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:18 pm

Comparing WWE to encouraging people to not take a potentially life saving vaccine is a stretch, but go on.
MW
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:21 pm

MW wrote:Comparing WWE to encouraging people to not take a potentially life saving vaccine is a stretch, but go on.

Potentially?

You don’t sound too sure?

That’s the whole point I guess
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby MW » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:24 pm

It's more than just that but I couldnt be f..ked looking up all the bullshit he has spewed
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:55 pm

MW wrote:

Spotify is full of almost every genre of music with all sorts of lyrics - where does this all end?

Is Spotify the only medium that you can listen to JR's podcast?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion