I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Had one many years ago, the only bit of pain (more discomfort) was when they poured some antibiotics in, but that was only for a coupla Mins.. Afterwards was fine. Everyone’s different though, if you’re not sure book a days leave the following day maybe?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:03 pm

JK wrote:Had one many years ago, the only bit of pain (more discomfort) was when they poured some antibiotics in, but that was only for a coupla Mins.. Afterwards was fine. Everyone’s different though, if you’re not sure book a days leave the following day maybe?

Did it work in the long run?

I had a few visits for root canal only for the tooth to be removed about 12 months after my last visit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Has anyone here had a root canal?

What's involved, how long after did you go back to work?

You'll be a bit sore that night (4 or 5/10) and be in a bit of discomfort (2 or 3/10) the day after, I've never had the day after off but if you've got the leave, use it, can't hurt.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Booney wrote:

You'll be a bit sore that night (4 or 5/10) and be in a bit of discomfort (2 or 3/10) the day after, I've never had the day after off but if you've got the leave, use it, can't hurt.

Yeah, take it off and go out for a nice lunch.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Booney wrote:

I've just had the last week off with some sort of death germs from the plane ride back from Brisbane.

I have a very low tolerance to pain and given that I'm supposed to talk for a living, not sure how I'd go the next day.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Had one many years ago, the only bit of pain (more discomfort) was when they poured some antibiotics in, but that was only for a coupla Mins.. Afterwards was fine. Everyone’s different though, if you’re not sure book a days leave the following day maybe?

I had a few visits for root canal only for the tooth to be removed about 12 months after my last visit.

2 of mine were removed within about 18 months of being done.
I will just get the tooth removed in the future if I am ever advised for a root canal again
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah bud, RC was over 10 years ago and tooth still going strong (touch wood)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I've got two that are "in the process" of being done. They've both been cleaned out, had the antibiotic plugs put in them for a few weeks then back for x-rays to confirm infection is gone.

Both have a temporary cap put on it, one was about 3 years ago and it's showing a little sign of wear and tear. I'm meant to go back for a crown ( about $2000 ) but when it falls apart I'll have it pulled.

The other I had done about 7 years ago, the temporary lasted about 4 years, had another temporary put on at the same time as the other and it's currently in the same state, a little bit of wear and tear.

Touch wood they've both got another 3-4 years in them.

None of this compares to the 3 wisdom teeth I had out that had me at home on the lounge for 8 days in a fair amount of pain.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Booney wrote:
I've got two that are "in the process" of being done. They've both been cleaned out, had the antibiotic plugs put in them for a few weeks then back for x-rays to confirm infection is gone.

Both have a temporary cap put on it, one was about 3 years ago and it's showing a little sign of wear and tear. I'm meant to go back for a crown ( about $2000 ) but when it falls apart I'll have it pulled.

The other I had done about 7 years ago, the temporary lasted about 4 years, had another temporary put on at the same time as the other and it's currently in the same state, a little bit of wear and tear.

Touch wood they've both got another 3-4 years in them.

None of this compares to the 3 wisdom teeth I had out that had me at home on the lounge for 8 days in a fair amount of pain.

I went to the RAH for my wisdom teeth removal, was meant to get two done at once, he decided against doing the 2nd one at the same time after a 2 hour fight.

The dentist couldn't get the first one out so he smashed it with a hammer and chisel then tried to remove all the broken bits, he split the side of my mouth in doing so and for the next 6 months I had random shards pushing their way through my gums until I picked them out myself.

I was really looking forward to the 2nd one coming out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:15 pm

I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out at once in a private hospital - the whole thing cost me about $2500 (back in 2003) paid cash - dont' remember a thing which is just the way I like it.

I did toy with the idea of pulling the tooth out but it's front and middle and didn't want to look like a Port supporter - that and they said that the tooth has no decay whatsoever on it so it's worth saving

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out at once in a private hospital - the whole thing cost me about $2500 (back in 2003) paid cash - dont' remember a thing which is just the way I like it.

I did toy with the idea of pulling the tooth out but it's front and middle and didn't want to look like a Port supporter - that and they said that the tooth has no decay whatsoever on it so it's worth saving

Absolutely then
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:18 pm

love reading this as I am about to leave work early to go to the dentist
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby JK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:40 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:love reading this as I am about to leave work early to go to the dentist

I had about %80 of a tooth kicked out nearly 30 years ago and rebuilt at the time. Last thing before bed on Sat night (well early Sunday morning) I bit something and the tooth broke, Thinking I'll probably need an implant now (front tooth), anyone know how much I'd be looking at for one of those?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:00 pm

JK wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:love reading this as I am about to leave work early to go to the dentist

I had about %80 of a tooth kicked out nearly 30 years ago and rebuilt at the time. Last thing before bed on Sat night (well early Sunday morning) I bit something and the tooth broke, Thinking I'll probably need an implant now (front tooth), anyone know how much I'd be looking at for one of those?

Around $3K if you're lucky, loose change in the ashtray.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm

JK wrote:

Just got off the phone from Miss Boon who had 2 back from her K9 removed this afternoon after it split during a root canal. Didn't even know she was having it done....

$6k was the quote.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm

hang on, she didn't know they were doing a root canal? :shock:

Footy Chick

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:hang on, she didn't know they were doing a root canal? :shock:

No, I didn't know she was having one done. She's been house sitting for a couple of weeks, didn't even know she was having any trouble.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:hang on, she didn't know they were doing a root canal? :shock:

No, I didn't know she was having one done. She's been house sitting for a couple of weeks, didn't even know she was having any trouble.
You might now $$$$

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Booney wrote:

sorry, I read that incorrectly, I thought you said that SHE didn't know she was having one done. I was thinking "that's a bit illegal, surely" :shock: :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby JK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 am

Far Kme, those implant figures ain’t pretty
FUSC
JK
Coach