I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Probably not the right thread but...
I've been asked to apply for a coaching role for next year, don't want to go into where etc. But it is a fair step up from what I have previously coached. Apart from usual experience and mission statement etc what else should I put in my application letter. Never really had to formally apply before. I know there are a lot of coaches on here so any advice what be awesome.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:31 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Probably not the right thread but...
I've been asked to apply for a coaching role for next year, don't want to go into where etc. But it is a fair step up from what I have previously coached. Apart from usual experience and mission statement etc what else should I put in my application letter. Never really had to formally apply before. I know there are a lot of coaches on here so any advice what be awesome.

I'd pass if I was you mate, you could do better than the main gig at the Power.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3863 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Probably not the right thread but...

I'd pass if I was you mate, you could do better than the main gig at the Power.

Someone needs to help Ken out, poor bastard as Vossy helping him
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Zartan wrote:Did you get it to work @daysofourlives?

Na its impossible, Mycricket doesnt allow it.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Is there any mathematical/computer programming wizzes amongst us?

I need to know if its possible to do a cricket draw simultaneously for 4 grades, with team numbers of 8, 6, 8 and 12 in the 4 grades.
It involves an A grade team and B grade team from the same club in 2 of the grades so sharing of ovals and avoiding clashes is a must.

The MyCricket program doesnt allow me to incorporate the 6 team grade into the draw. It must have between 7 and 12 teams to be able to work out a draw simultaneously

add a 7th team called "bye" that plays at a bogus home ground

would that work?

Thats sort of what I have done now, havnt had a chance to look closely to see if it works.
Added another 2 team so its an 8 team draw, just have to manually edit the matches involving the 2 bogus teams,

Just adding one team would also work as it automatically generates the bye

This didnt work either, I was thinking if you just deleted the 2 bogus teams and then matched up the 2 teams that they were playing it would work, it didnt.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:28 am

Can you do it through formulas in Excel?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:50 am

daysofourlives wrote:Na its impossible, Mycricket doesnt allow it.

didn't think so - I tried doing the same Monday for 3x divs of 6-8-7 and had too many isssues - adding sides didn't help just made more problems lol.

Think the way I'm gonna do it - enhanced round robin via mycricket for the grades I can, then just manually schedule the other div around those fixtures.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:07 am

Another way possibly could be to do via excel and allocate teams by date not rounds :-?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Zartan wrote:

didn't think so - I tried doing the same Monday for 3x divs of 6-8-7 and had too many isssues - adding sides didn't help just made more problems lol.

Think the way I'm gonna do it - enhanced round robin via mycricket for the grades I can, then just manually schedule the other div around those fixtures.

Ive been doing it for about 7 OR 8 years.
do the 7 and 8 team grades with enhanced round robin, you still have to set the seeds so a and b grade teams dont clash. Then just create a draw for the 6 team comp, submit and see how many clashes you get, if its too many change some seeds and do it again until you get a minimal amount of clashes. Then i normaLLY PRINT OUT THE DRAWS and venue useage and then shuffle around where you can to eliminate clashes, sometimes you might have to move half a dozen games to free up an oval you need
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Ive been doing it for about 7 OR 8 years.
do the 7 and 8 team grades with enhanced round robin, you still have to set the seeds so a and b grade teams dont clash. Then just create a draw for the 6 team comp, submit and see how many clashes you get, if its too many change some seeds and do it again until you get a minimal amount of clashes. Then i normaLLY PRINT OUT THE DRAWS and venue useage and then shuffle around where you can to eliminate clashes, sometimes you might have to move half a dozen games to free up an oval you need

Yep that's the way I ended up going - fair pain in the backside lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 am

daysofourlives wrote:Is there any mathematical/computer programming wizzes amongst us?

I need to know if its possible to do a cricket draw simultaneously for 4 grades, with team numbers of 8, 6, 8 and 12 in the 4 grades.
It involves an A grade team and B grade team from the same club in 2 of the grades so sharing of ovals and avoiding clashes is a must.

The MyCricket program doesnt allow me to incorporate the 6 team grade into the draw. It must have between 7 and 12 teams to be able to work out a draw simultaneously

At work we use a program called 'fixi', there is a cost to it but it will honestly take you ten minutes to do exactly what you want

Clink on the link below and u can get a 30 day free trial, create your fixtures print off them off and your done

http://www.fixionline.com/features/
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:44 pm

whufc wrote:At work we use a program called 'fixi', there is a cost to it but it will honestly take you ten minutes to do exactly what you want

Clink on the link below and u can get a 30 day free trial, create your fixtures print off them off and your done

Not ideal for cricket - your program is built for indoor sports where games are all played at the same venue on different courts at different times.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Zartan wrote:
whufc wrote:At work we use a program called 'fixi', there is a cost to it but it will honestly take you ten minutes to do exactly what you want

Not ideal for cricket - your program is built for indoor sports where games are all played at the same venue on different courts at different times.

It's not purpose built but you can get around it by thinking of courts as grounds.

If you make everyone's home ground a court it will not allow two games at once on the same court(ground)

Having had a brief look I'm pretty certain I can make it work but it's not ideal and may take just as long, the system will struggle with 2 day and 1 day games

I will keep an eye out for programs that are better suited
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Im nearly done with it, about 15 venue clashes to go. I can feel some Sunday cricket coming on to get me out of trouble
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:08 pm

People thoughts

In a social sport comp should you be able to get unlimited fill ins from other teams in the same comp on a weekly basis?

If so should there be restrictions on the ability of the player from other teams you can get?
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:12 pm

whufc wrote:People thoughts

In a social sport comp should you be able to get unlimited fill ins from other teams in the same comp on a weekly basis?

If so should there be restrictions on the ability of the player from other teams you can get?

If it's social and one team is taking it far too seriously and they win the comp it doesn't matter, everyone else will think they're wankers anyway.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Booney wrote:

If it's social and one team is taking it far too seriously and they win the comp it doesn't matter, everyone else will think they're wankers anyway.

I wish all people had your attitude!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:38 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

I wish all people had your attitude!!!

Yeah, careful what you wish for. ;) :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Booney wrote:

Totally agree, social comps should be more about enjoyment than winning.

No limits IMO, helps to keep the till turning over too, no one benefits from a forfeit
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:

Totally agree, social comps should be more about enjoyment than winning.

No limits IMO, helps to keep the till turning over too, no one benefits from a forfeit

Agree we just have an issue at the moment where a team is down to 5 players in a netball comp and rather than them trying to find new players they are borrowing the two best players in the comp from another side

Now teams are refusing to play against them and just forfeiting because they are now losing 30-40 to nil each time they play this team

I want the comp to be as social as possible but this one team is definitely taking advantage of our social nature, the other issue is the two players they keep using are away in October and the team that is borrowing them has already said they will forfeit, we need them to try and find new players rather than rely on other teams
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion