I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:48 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Did you grab one already?

And a beer hat.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:15 pm

yeah I did grab one thanks
need it for my mates bucks show on weekend.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 pm

So wifey and i are close to potentially being able to build a house. Who is a good builder and who should we steer clear of?

Looking in the north, like blakeview or munno west...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby RB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Probably steer clear of Bob Day. :lol:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 am

nuggety goodness wrote:So wifey and i are close to potentially being able to build a house. Who is a good builder and who should we steer clear of?

Depends on what your budget is, whether you are going to use one of their designs or your own.
My suggestion would be spend some time looking at display villages and find something you like and then get builders to price it.
These days all the big builders just use subbies so work quality is often the same, its the customer service and price that is the big difference
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am

nuggety goodness wrote:So wifey and i are close to potentially being able to build a house. Who is a good builder and who should we steer clear of?

My brother and sister-in-law are just about to get the slab poured for their house at Seaford Heights, knowing what they've been through before they've even started to build....good luck! :lol:

Picking surface finishes, colour combinations, lay outs, etc etc ..... sounds like a living nightmare!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:02 am

Built with Rossdale. The build went smoothly and quickly. No serious complaints. Quite happy with the delivered product.

However their post-delivery maintenance is bordering on incompetent. We have a couple of issues that remain unresolved after 12 months. Calls to the maintenance person result in promises to fix the issue; call back a week or two later to get the same spiel. He eventually decided that one of the issues could not be fixed and has washed his hands of it. We are currently seeking independent advice on the matter.

So a general thumbs up for Rossdale, but be aware that problems will not be adequately dealt with.

PS - Rossdale is near the end of Glen Osmond Road. I'm sure they'd build at Munno/Blakeview but it will be a day trip to visit thir offices for contract work, selections etc.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Are there guidelines as to how pedantic an agent can or can't be when doing a final bond inspection for a rental property?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 pm

RustyCage wrote:Are there guidelines as to how pedantic an agent can or can't be when doing a final bond inspection for a rental property?

Not sure about guidelines for agents, but presuming you're under a residential tenancies agreement under the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA), the tenant has to give back the property 'in a reasonable condition and in a reasonable state of cleanliness', and 'in deciding whether premises or other property is in reasonable condition, its condition when the tenant took possession of it, and the probable effect of reasonable wear and tear since that time, must be taken into account.'

You can see the magically flexible word 'reasonable' in action here - what that means is a case-by-case thing. This is where having pics taken of the property at the start of the tenancy is helpful.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/c ... 7/s69.html

How picky are they being, RC?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Magellan wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Are there guidelines as to how pedantic an agent can or can't be when doing a final bond inspection for a rental property?

Not sure about guidelines for agents, but presuming you're under a residential tenancies agreement under the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA), the tenant has to give back the property 'in a reasonable condition and in a reasonable state of cleanliness', and 'in deciding whether premises or other property is in reasonable condition, its condition when the tenant took possession of it, and the probable effect of reasonable wear and tear since that time, must be taken into account.'

You can see the magically flexible word 'reasonable' in action here - what that means is a case-by-case thing. This is where having pics taken of the property at the start of the tenancy is helpful.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/c ... 7/s69.html

How picky are they being, RC?

Some streak lines on a glass window "clean it more or it will come out of your bond"

Tiny smudge on an otherwise spotless shower screen "I'll have to clean that, it will come out of your bond"

Slight discoloration on the laminate inside a kitchen cupboard (one spot about the size of a 5c coin) "that will come out of your bond"

A couple of leaves/dirt on the pavers in the back yard "sweep it or I'll have to get someone in to do it at your expense"

RustyCage

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:17 pm

It wasn't the final inspection, but the agent visited to go through everything that she didn't like before the proper inspection next Monday, she just seemed to complain about things well to the pedantic side of "reasonably clean"
RustyCage

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:19 pm

She sounds like a flog!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Grenville » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Deal with a few decent sized building companies through work and would say Format Homes followed by Oakford Homes would be the pick of the crop.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Here's a tricky one and I don't even know where to start...

A friend of mine has discovered, amongst some of her deceased mothers belongings - the front page of a newspaper called the Sunday Sun and Guardian dated 12th of March, 1933 in perfect condition.

On this front page, is a full colour cartoon of Blinky Bill. Colour in newspapers was unheard of back then. Upon further investigation, we've found out that Blinky Bill was first published in 1933 and we believe this may have some significance or value

Problem is, is that we don't know where to go or who to contact to find out. I figured the National Sound and Film archive wouldn't be able to help and this newspaper no longer exists to contact any historian there.

Any suggestions would be great.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:11 pm

State Library?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 pm

they can't value items
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Here's a tricky one and I don't even know where to start...

A friend of mine has discovered, amongst some of her deceased mothers belongings - the front page of a newspaper called the Sunday Sun and Guardian dated 12th of March, 1933 in perfect condition.

On this front page, is a full colour cartoon of Blinky Bill. Colour in newspapers was unheard of back then. Upon further investigation, we've found out that Blinky Bill was first published in 1933 and we believe this may have some significance or value

Problem is, is that we don't know where to go or who to contact to find out. I figured the National Sound and Film archive wouldn't be able to help and this newspaper no longer exists to contact any historian there.

Gumtree...
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:12 am

What about "Top of the Coin", reckon they would be able to assist
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby GWW » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 am

Should that be "Toss of the Coin"?

From what I can tell from searching, there doesnt really seem to be a market for old newspapers in the same way as coins or stamps.

Selling on-line, or perhaps to an antique store could be an option, but maybe could write to the "Whats Your Problem"? column of The Advertiser to see if they have any suggestions/advice.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:21 am

Footy Chick wrote:Here's a tricky one and I don't even know where to start...

Try MGS, Mason Gray Strange, they value odd collectables. I know someone who had a couple of old car rego papers and log books valued there.

@Footy Chick
Last edited by Booney on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion