Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:38 am

Booney wrote:A previous employee went out in a blaze of glory and sent Safe Work SA to inspect the factory, amongst other things the lady inspector said our microwave was too close to the sink in the factory kitchenette, gave us an "improvement notice" on it. They don't tell you what to do, they just tell you to improve it. So I made a sign that said "Do not fill sink with water, running microwave and your head all at once" with some pictograms below. Odd she didn't think it was particularly humorous when I explained I'd improved the situation.

We had one dude send out to all the blokes a complete step by step procedure on how to clean the skiddies off of the toilet bowl after taking a dump.

Our work upgraded the dunnies a while back with these impressive looking Jon's but it was damn near impossible to land your mail in the letterbox, the waterhole was in the middle and it was like there was ski ramps all around.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:A previous employee went out in a blaze of glory and sent Safe Work SA to inspect the factory, amongst other things the lady inspector said our microwave was too close to the sink in the factory kitchenette, gave us an "improvement notice" on it. They don't tell you what to do, they just tell you to improve it. So I made a sign that said "Do not fill sink with water, running microwave and your head all at once" with some pictograms below. Odd she didn't think it was particularly humorous when I explained I'd improved the situation.

We had one dude send out to all the blokes a complete step by step procedure on how to clean the skiddies off of the toilet bowl after taking a dump.

Our work upgraded the dunnies a while back with these impressive looking Jon's but it was damn near impossible to land your mail in the letterbox, the waterhole was in the middle and it was like there was ski ramps all around.

I'm not enjoying my breakfast
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:40 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hire a new butler and maid.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hire a new butler and maid.

Or avoid conversations about $hit
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:27 pm

i dont understand why short weeks always seem to be longer than regular weeks.

i could swear today is day 9 since monday
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Trader » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:38 pm

Cause we write the week off early, so do nothing, and doing nothing can make the days drag!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:50 pm

Trader wrote:Cause we write the week off early, so do nothing, and doing nothing can make the days drag!

We're the opposite, I thought it was just past lunch time, we always have customers that didn't take the PH's into consideration when ordering and are now in a mad panic to get their shit sooner, I've just been beaten up severely here this week so far.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:01 am

How does a drug f****** American actors divorce settlement battle make our daily top new stories?

I used to like the guy but he's off the Christmas card list now, the dude is cooked.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:How does a drug f****** American actors divorce settlement battle make our daily top new stories?

I used to like the guy but he's off the Christmas card list now, the dude is cooked.

Well the virus is over and people have become bored with the war already so the media needed to find another topic to jam down our throats.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How does a drug f****** American actors divorce settlement battle make our daily top new stories?

Well the virus is over and people have become bored with the war already so the media needed to find another topic to jam down our throats.

The Advertiser have moved onto a full scale gang war going on in the CBD
They should be able to keep that going until the next earthquake or Port lose to the Saints so Hinkley is under pressure again
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:07 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:

They should be able to keep that going until the next earthquake or Port lose to the Saints so Hinkley is under pressure again

And right on cue: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/truecrim ... c4b78e83fd
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Trader wrote:

Time to bring back "The Naked News".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Paywall
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:38 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Paywall

Thank someone for small mercies that you (& I) didn't waste 5 minutes
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Where do you rate the Helsinki Times against the Tiser Jim?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Paywalls I avoid these days. I used to subscribe to The Advertiser, and later when in Melbourne to The Age, but all the newspapers now seem to be so unbalanced and totally commercially orientated that I never bother any more.

I tend to read the ABC website, Euro News, and the UK version of The Spectator - ABC is free, Euro News is too, and The Spectator gives you three articles free.

(With The Spectator I use a browser set to delete all cookies on closure than re-open it and read three more.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:35 pm

I only read Ribald.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Psyber wrote:Paywalls I avoid these days. I used to subscribe to The Advertiser, and later when in Melbourne to The Age, but all the newspapers now seem to be so unbalanced and totally commercially orientated that I never bother any more.

I tend to read the ABC website, Euro News, and the UK version of The Spectator - ABC is free, Euro News is too, and The Spectator gives you three articles free.

(With The Spectator I use a browser set to delete all cookies on closure than re-open it and read three more.)

I subscribe to the Financial Review
I get a free subscription to the Advertiser by doing surveys.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 25, 2022 8:51 am

Am I just too old now and not keeping up with the Jones' or Kardashians?

I like to keep tabs on the kids finances, I told my lad he can hold off of paying paying board as long as he's not buying junk food and saving his coin, I asked him on the weekend "How's the savings going?"

Yeah good "1.8 so far"

Daughter tells me her boyfriend placed a $10 bet on the weekend and won 5.4, since when did thousands be the whole number? Is this the new lingo?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed May 25, 2022 9:05 am

Not sure, BUT

A $10 bet was turned into $5400? That's impressive.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion