Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby mypaddock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:36 am

Why people like cricket?? :?
mypaddock
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby GWW » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 am

Cricket is fine, but I have no idea how anyone can follow a repetitive sport like Rugby League. Also, why soccer (which I dont mind but i dont rate it anywhere near footy) has the off side rule to restrict scoring. Off the subject of sport, I find it difficult to understand economic principals relating to foreign debt.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: .

Postby Dirko » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:32 am

GWW wrote:Cricket is fine, but I have no idea how anyone can follow a repetitive sport like Rugby League. Also, why soccer (which I dont mind but i dont rate it anywhere near footy) has the off side rule to restrict scoring. Off the subject of sport, I find it difficult to understand economic principals relating to foreign debt.

If Soccer didn't have the offside rule it'd be a shambles. Just put a couple of blokes on the goal line...

I rate the offside rule, but I don't rate when they don't pick it up....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:35 am

SJABC wrote:
GWW wrote:Cricket is fine, but I have no idea how anyone can follow a repetitive sport like Rugby League. Also, why soccer (which I dont mind but i dont rate it anywhere near footy) has the off side rule to restrict scoring. Off the subject of sport, I find it difficult to understand economic principals relating to foreign debt.

If Soccer didn't have the offside rule it'd be a shambles. Just put a couple of blokes on the goal line...

I rate the offside rule, but I don't rate when they don't pick it up....

Completely disagree. Introduce the basketball like pass-back rule in soccer and get rid of the off-side rule. If you want to be a lazy prick and loaf on the goal line while your mates defend then so be it, you'd be like playing a man down.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Dirko » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 am

Booney wrote:Introduce the basketball like pass-back rule

Since when do they have a pass backward rule in basketball ? Or do you mean once past the half way line you aren't allowed to go back into your defensive half ?
Dirko
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:53 am

SJABC wrote:

Since when do they have a pass backward rule in basketball ? Or do you mean once past the half way line you aren't allowed to go back into your defensive half ?

Correct, it's called a "pass back" if you take it back over the centre line when you have taken it forward into your own offensive half.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:53 am

SJABC wrote:

I reakon thats what Booney's getting at. "Cross Court"..
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dirko » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 am

Booney wrote:
SJABC wrote:

Correct, it's called a "pass back" if you take it back over the centre line when you have taken it forward into your own offensive half.

Thought it was called Back Court violation, but anyhow.....They need to introduce that rule in the AFL too..... :lol:
Dirko
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 am

SJABC wrote:
Booney wrote:
SJABC wrote:

Thought it was called Back Court violation, but anyhow.....They need to introduce that rule in the AFL too..... :lol:

There is no cross-field line in Aussie Rules...?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dirko » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 am

Booney wrote:There is no cross-field line in Aussie Rules...?

Can be if you paint one one it.....

Hell they **** around with every other rule why not give it a go....
Dirko
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 am

Strawb wrote:
smithy wrote:I'll start off with a serious one.

Why is it that some Government jobs that are not going to get filled by a new employee advertised ?

In the past couple of months, I've been to 3 interviews only to find out that the positions were taken internally and "already filled" .

Please spare me the hours and stress of completing the job and person specification profiles and travel expenses and just send me a letter saying I was not successful.
It's not only the expenses but the raising of peoples/families hopes and constant rejections that get people down.

It depends in the agreement with the unions. Some jobs need to be filled and will be done so internally but they will advertise because that is the requirement in the agreement. Weird I know but that is how some of it is done. Yes it does suck alot when this happens but that is how some places go about things.

Also if a redeployee is interested in the job and has expereince that fits the J&P criteria they are given the position over other applicants!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:57 am

Leave soccer rules alone, the game is still principally the same as 100 years ago unlike the AFL which is currently a completly different sport to what was played when i was a teeneager in th 90's.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Psyber » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:10 am

Why is it that some Government jobs that are not going to get filled by a new employee advertised ?
In the past couple of months, I've been to 3 interviews only to find out that the positions were taken internally and "already filled" .
Please spare me the hours and stress of completing the job and person specification profiles and travel expenses and just send me a letter saying I was not successful.
It's not only the expenses but the raising of peoples/families hopes and constant rejections that get people down.
The bureaucracy is required to pretend they are seeking the best person for the job, despite the fact that they know they are going to appoint someone with the "right" political attitude, or for some other reason of expedience.
That's how in the 1980s a guy affiliated with the Victorian ALP who was sacked from a job in public housing in Victoria finished up as a Regional Manager in WorkCover SA.
He was later tried and gaoled in Victoria for the frauds he had committed over there.
The female WorkCover SA employees he had sexually harassed while here were glad to see him gone.
[ I can't say anything more specific, but I was involved in dealing with the WorkCover issues.]
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 am

Mandarin.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 am

Why people whinge about the heat, even on mild-warm summer days, and then treat their bodies like sh!t with what they eat and drink.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Drop Bear » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 am

Why computer gamers think using the term "noob" is a payout. I normally stick with old-fashioned words like "d*ckhead", "wanker", etc.
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 am

Psyber wrote:
The bureaucracy is required to pretend they are seeking the best person for the job, despite the fact that they know they are going to appoint someone with the "right" political attitude, or for some other reason of expedience.
That's how in the 1980s a guy affiliated with the Victorian ALP who was sacked from a job in public housing in Victoria finished up as a Regional Manager in WorkCover SA.
He was later tried and gaoled in Victoria for the frauds he had committed over there.
The female WorkCover SA employees he had sexually harassed while here were glad to see him gone.
[ I can't say anything more specific, but I was involved in dealing with the WorkCover issues.]

I see it as the public's call for transparency amongst government gone mad. For example, I used to work at a Local Council in a small country town, and when regulations were bought in regarding competitive tendering, we had to get three quotes for any plumbing work over a certain dollar value, even though there was only one plumber in town, and the next one a hundred km's away.

Then again, some football club constitutions require advertising the coaching position every year, regardless of results.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby lebron » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:00 am

Females, abso-effing-lutely!
lebron
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Strawb » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:14 am

lebron wrote:Females, abso-effing-lutely!

+1
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Jase » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 am

Drop Bear wrote:Why computer gamers think using the term "noob" is a payout. I normally stick with old-fashioned words like "d*ckhead", "wanker", etc.

I totally agree, though I still think the worst payout I have ever heard was actually directed at me, at Woodville oval...

I was giving one of the Eagles players some friendly advise regarding his kicking for goal ;) when from out of nowhere, and completely unneccessarily I was assaulted with a "shut up ya minda" by an elderly female Eagles fan...

Oh the profanity....

;) :lol:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion