Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Columbo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:52 pm

The AFL match review panel, tribunal and review system.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:47 am

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:
MW wrote:
cracka wrote:Soccer fans. WTF (probably could post this in that thread) is wrong with them that they feel the need to destroy the seats at the MCG in a "friendly"

My kids went and without realising ended up in the Man U supporters group...fair to say they acted like absolute c..ts apparently

We used to go to the Rugby 7's in Adelaide every year. One year we ended up in with the Kenyan supporters. A nicer fun bunch of supporters you'll be hard pressed to find. Singing hakuna matata & other songs all day except when the team was playing.

Agreed with that, I even bought a Kenya top and was singing and dancing with them! :lol:
Miss the 7s, was an awesome event.

I have a heap of Kenya 7's merchandise.

My partners family is heavily involved in the local union comp here and when the rugby 7's were on she a trainer for the club. All the local trainers were allocated a 7's team so she was the trainer for Kenya, the FIL was the chaperone for the players during their week stay taking them to resteraunts etc.

At the end of the comp they were told to take what they like....you don't ask an Irish family that twice so they shit loads :)
Last edited by whufc on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:48 am

Columbo wrote:The AFL match review panel, tribunal and review system.

with ya. Farcical.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:17 am

gadj1976 wrote:

with ya. Farcical.

Its easy to understand.....

The AFL is 100% all in about protecting the head...…..unless its a player from a Victorian club that they need to make finals ;)
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:20 am

whufc wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

with ya. Farcical.

The AFL is 100% all in about protecting the head...…..unless its a player from a Victorian club that they need to make finals ;)

You do know the AFL run tribunal suspended him...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:25 am

MW wrote:
whufc wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

with ya. Farcical.

You do know the AFL run tribunal suspended him...

Its all part of the conspiracy to make them look like they 'wanted' to suspend him. ;) :lol:

The rebranded VFL strikes its ugly head again. ;)
whufc
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:33 am

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:17 am

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:24 am

A former gun footballer who chalked up league games with Norwood and played with Gepps Cross this year is facing several serious family violence charges.

Marc Oliver Cox, of North Haven, on Wednesday appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court where he asked to be released on bail to see his dying father.

The court heard Mr Cox’s dad had been diagnosed with severe and aggressive cancer and given between one and two weeks to live, leading to an urgent application for bail.

Mr Cox was facing charges of indecent filming of a person older than 17, distributing invasive images, choking a person in a domestic setting, aggravated trespass and aggravated assault.

He had been in prison since July when he handed himself in.

Mr Cox, aged 39, was alleged to have committed the offences which led to the charges between December 1 last year and July 3 this year at Paracombe.

His last game for Gepps Cross was on July 2.

Before this year Mr Cox played for Fitzroy, Salisbury North, Payneham Norwood Union, Echunga, Freeling, Virginia, North Clare and Jervois football clubs.

In the mid-2000s he played league and reserve-level SANFL football with West Adelaide and Port Adelaide in addition to Norwood.

Given the seriousness of the charges, Mr Cox was a prescribed applicant for bail, meaning his lawyer, Stacey Carter, had to argue there were “special circumstances” that could see him released from prison.

Ms Carter said his father’s ill health was compounded with him mother’s Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis.

Magistrate Karim Soetratma said the imminent death of Mr Cox’s father was a “classic case of special circumstances”.

“I’m going to take an unusual position, that I appreciate and acknowledgingly freely is unusual and organise a bail agreement at this stage on which the defendant will be bailed,” he said.

Mr Cox was released on a $1000 bond and strict curfew and reporting conditions.

He will again appear in court next week where a home detention report will be delivered.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby cracka » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:35 am

A 15 year old Adelaide schoolboy has confessed to terrorism charges & pledges allegiance to Islamic State :shock:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:19 pm

Booney wrote:A former gun footballer who chalked up league games with Norwood and played with Gepps Cross this year is facing several serious family violence charges.

Marc Oliver Cox, of North Haven, on Wednesday appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court where he asked to be released on bail to see his dying father.

The court heard Mr Cox’s dad had been diagnosed with severe and aggressive cancer and given between one and two weeks to live, leading to an urgent application for bail.

Mr Cox was facing charges of indecent filming of a person older than 17, distributing invasive images, choking a person in a domestic setting, aggravated trespass and aggravated assault.

Mr Cox, aged 39, was alleged to have committed the offences which led to the charges between December 1 last year and July 3 this year at Paracombe.

Before this year Mr Cox played for Fitzroy, Salisbury North, Payneham Norwood Union, Echunga, Freeling, Virginia, North Clare and Jervois football clubs.

In the mid-2000s he played league and reserve-level SANFL football with West Adelaide and Port Adelaide in addition to Norwood.

Given the seriousness of the charges, Mr Cox was a prescribed applicant for bail, meaning his lawyer, Stacey Carter, had to argue there were “special circumstances” that could see him released from prison.

Ms Carter said his father’s ill health was compounded with him mother’s Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis.

Magistrate Karim Soetratma said the imminent death of Mr Cox’s father was a “classic case of special circumstances”.

“I’m going to take an unusual position, that I appreciate and acknowledgingly freely is unusual and organise a bail agreement at this stage on which the defendant will be bailed,” he said.

He will again appear in court next week where a home detention report will be delivered.

They forgot West Croydon and Portland and probably a couple of others too

We don't call him Wally for nothing. Tsk Tsk.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:36 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-unive ... cmp=tw_fnc

Researchers at Boston University say they have developed a new COVID strain that has an 80% kill rate following a series of similar experiments first thought to have started the global pandemic that began in China.

The variant, a combination of omicron and the original virus in Wuhan, killed 80% of the mice infected with it, the university said. When mice were only exposed to omicron, they experienced mild symptoms.

The research was conducted by a team of scientists from Florida and Boston at the school's National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories.

Why?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:41 pm

Booney wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-university-lethal-covid-strain-lab?intcmp=tw_fnc

Researchers at Boston University say they have developed a new COVID strain that has an 80% kill rate following a series of similar experiments first thought to have started the global pandemic that began in China.

The variant, a combination of omicron and the original virus in Wuhan, killed 80% of the mice infected with it, the university said. When mice were only exposed to omicron, they experienced mild symptoms.

The research was conducted by a team of scientists from Florida and Boston at the school's National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories.

Why?

How did they get the mice to tell them how they were feeling?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-university-lethal-covid-strain-lab?intcmp=tw_fnc

Why?

How did they get the mice to tell them how they were feeling?

Via Mouse code.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:00 pm

Speaking of which: I listened to this on my walk of shame to pick up my car on Sunday

Nikolai Petrovsky talking about the origins of C-19
Not unlike what the Boston dudes did

I wish I could find the Far Side cartoon of someone dropping a test tube out of a laboratory window with "Oops" Very appropriate

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:03 pm

E0FIVEGVUAE_yXW.png
E0FIVEGVUAE_yXW.png (230.68 KiB) Viewed 700 times
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:08 pm

You champion =D>
I've been looking everywhere for that

I dont suppose you've got the photo of Koutsantonis with a "No More Privatisation" board from the 2014 state election?
I've been wanting to throw that back in his face
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:05 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:A former gun footballer who chalked up league games with Norwood and played with Gepps Cross this year is facing several serious family violence charges.

They forgot West Croydon and Portland and probably a couple of others too

We don't call him Wally for nothing. Tsk Tsk.

Add in Port Districts and North Haven as well!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby DOC » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:24 am

Gun footballer definition is to say the least used far too freely.

The fact that he played football would be relevant in as much if he had a high profile, such as an AFL player.

Could just as easy write that he was a steak eater or man who has drunk in numerous hotels.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:31 am

DOC wrote:Gun footballer definition is to say the least used far too freely.

The fact that he played football would be relevant in as much if he had a high profile, such as an AFL player.

Could just as easy write that he was a steak eater or man who has drunk in numerous hotels.

I can tick two of those boxes…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion