Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby JK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:59 pm

MW wrote:
JK wrote:Read one yesterday where a Gold Coast "mother" had been drugging her daughter and selling her semi-conscious body to a bevy of sick freaks. No lie I nearly threw up reading it. There's some seriously F***ed up individuals out there and whilst I understand it's not my place to play judge, jury and executioner, I do often wonder why sick qunts like that are still allowed to breathe. :(

Unfortunately it's these people who have also been through similar situations from their parents themselves...endless cycle that needs to be broken

Understand it's a difficult issue and I sympathise with those that have come through vile and abusive backgrounds, but once they mess with kids you're right, that cycle needs to be broken by whatever means necessary.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Spargo wrote:
JK wrote:Read one yesterday where a Gold Coast "mother" had been drugging her daughter and selling her semi-conscious body to a bevy of sick freaks. No lie I nearly threw up reading it. There's some seriously F***ed up individuals out there and whilst I understand it's not my place to play judge, jury and executioner, I do often wonder why sick qunts like that are still allowed to breathe. :(

Bring back capital punishment for starters.

When there is 100% proof I agree.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Murderers, rapists, sexual abusers of children - all of them.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Throw in repeat methamphetamine dealers too.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 pm

4 now dead in the Brisbane car fire - former NRL player Rowan Baxter (who was in a custody battle), and his 3 kids.

https://www.news.com.au/national/queens ... bfeb4c3b6f
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I think someone mentioned some stats on here once (maybe @Q. ??) that Capital Punishment trends toward an increase in the murder rate - Where no capital punishment = greater chance of victim survival. Or something along those lines
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:29 pm

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:Murderers, rapists, sexual abusers of children - all of them.

I think someone mentioned some stats on here once (maybe @Q. ??) that Capital Punishment trends toward an increase in the murder rate - Where no capital punishment = greater chance of victim survival. Or something along those lines

Also, the death penalty might make victims and the public feel better in an 'eye for an eye' sense, but as a long-term policy, it's not going to deter murderers, rapists, and sexual abusers of children in the future. You're dealing with crimes where the perpetrators don't stop to consider they consequences of what they do - they're acting on impulse or a perverse inclination. There's plenty of examples of these crimes in Australia where severe jail sentences are on offer, but they still keep happening. Hard to say they'll 'stop, look and listen' if the death penalty was in place. Look at the US, where most states have capital punishment and yet there are about 2,600 people waiting to be executed, and there's gun-related murders happening all the bloody time.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:31 pm

I don't think there's any credible evidence that suggest capital punishment deters crime.

Whilst I say I'm for it, if I had to make the call in a jury I'm not sure how I'd be able to deal with that.

What I think should and could happen is prisons could become less appealing to repeat offenders. I don't mean beatings or torture, but I'd think remote prisons with enough to survive on whilst completing some genuine hard labour might be more of an incentive to not re-offend.

I'd think truly awful crimes wouldn't be novice criminals, I'd imagine it would be repeat offenders ( no stats to back this up ) and if you have been in a shit hole and you are ok with going back then no second chances, you can stay there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Booney wrote:Sounds like he's pulled over, poured petrol in the car and on them then lit it up. The lady ran from the car screaming "He's poured petrol on me" and 4 large explosions followed.

Jesus H.

Former NRL player with the Warriors apparently
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Booney wrote:Sounds like he's pulled over, poured petrol in the car and on them then lit it up. The lady ran from the car screaming "He's poured petrol on me" and 4 large explosions followed.

Jesus H.

**** terrible.
Those poor poor kids.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:45 pm

JK wrote:

Jesus H.

Former NRL player with the Warriors apparently

Rowan Baxter.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:48 pm

JK wrote:

And what effect does capital punichment have on the recidivism rate? ;)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Jesus H.

They were currently involved in a custody battle.

It is understood Mr Baxter, a former New Zealand Warriors player, was in a custody battle with Ms Baxter, according to The Courier-Mail.

Mr Baxter’s recent posts on Facebook all revolve around his children, with him sharing multiple photos of the kids and writing, “Daddy loves you.”

One of Mr Baxter’s Facebook friend posted on one of his photos telling him to “chin up”.

“Chin up brother everything will work out just hang in there my bro a lot of people care about you and the situation your facing,” he wrote.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:finding out a lad i coached at plympton was taken way to soon yesterday morning on Port Wakefield road :( . Only 28 years old. Wasn't real close with him but had a lot to do with him when i coached him. Real good bloke...

SB who was teaching in Port Lincoln? If so was playing footy for my club

Yeah mate.

Boston's are a sporting club and have Footy, Netball & Basketball teams. The 16 year old I spoke of earlier played for the basketball club. Been a tough two weeks for a lot of the lads there let me tell you
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm

The Mum has now died :(

Feel so sorry for the 1st responders, would have been a horrible scene to face that they will never forget
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:03 am

Dutchy wrote:The Mum has now died :(

Feel so sorry for the 1st responders, would have been a horrible scene to face that they will never forget

The mother dying is a blessing.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:51 am

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The Mum has now died :(

The mother dying is a blessing.

Sadly you are right, I was sickened to hear this on the radio this morning but then what quality of life would she face if she survived?

The perception in my head to what I see unfolded is so unimaginable, how could someone do that?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:03 am

I thought he died in the fire, he died from self inflicted stab wounds nearby. What a scene those witnesses were subjected too.

And yes, some small mercy that the mother has passed away.

The families and friends left behind, how do you comfort them......
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:36 am

No words could describe how their family and friends are feeling.
Just a terrible situation for everyone.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:44 am

Kind of grates when you read a report "Former #NRL player dies along side his 3 children".

No, the **** killed them, he didn't die along side them, he died a gutless piece of shit after killing his kids.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion