Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am

I had numerous things make me sad on Saturday.

But in the main it was the blocked toilets being unblocked with a high pressure wash and backwashing out of a trap under the lino in my kitchen that I never knew about and flooding my kitchen with about 2cm of shit.

A bookcase that has been in place in the corner of our kitchen/laundry since we moved in and covered one corner was housing an old outside trap ( the house was added onto prior to our living there ) and the pressure from the blockage found somewhere to release, into my kitchen / laundry area.

Hazchem cleaners out at 11pm Saturday night, plumber at $61/15 minutes. $660 for the plumber and insurance company took care of the cleaner.

Its all just beginning.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby scoob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:57 am

Booney wrote:I had numerous things make me sad on Saturday.

But in the main it was the blocked toilets being unblocked with a high pressure wash and backwashing out of a trap under the lino in my kitchen that I never knew about and flooding my kitchen with about 2cm of shit.

A bookcase that has been in place in the corner of our kitchen/laundry since we moved in and covered one corner was housing an old outside trap ( the house was added onto prior to our living there ) and the pressure from the blockage found somewhere to release, into my kitchen / laundry area.

Hazchem cleaners out at 11pm Saturday night, plumber at $61/15 minutes. $660 for the plumber and insurance company took care of the cleaner.

Its all just beginning.

If this doesn't belong in the Things that gives me the shits then I don't know what does!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Psyber » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Squids wrote:Muslims do not help in changing their stereotype.
It would help if the claimed peaceful and tolerant majority of Muslims would denounce the violent minority to the police, before they actually committed or inspired violent offences.
What stops them - is it fear of them left over from the old countries, or in part a secret sympathy or displaced loyalty?
Active participation in rooting out those planning these things would help their overall acceptance in this community.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Gozu wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:Conform or f**** off and leave us alone.

I wonder if our Indigenous people said something similar?

so you think WE should give way to Muslim intervention into our lifestyle. Allow them to bring up their kids in our schools but teach them in Mosques that we are infidels, dogs and sundry enemies of Islam and should have our heads cut off if we mock them? Give me a faaaarking break!
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby scoob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 pm

I think we should behead anyone who chooses to protest.
scoob
Veteran

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm

scoob wrote:I think we should behead anyone who chooses to protest.

Yes...they are all oxygen thieves. We don't need them. I'm sad about the country my grandchildren will grow up in. They will blame our generation for allowing these ratbags to take hold and dictate terms.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Just as the Adelaide Occupy protesters did not represent all South Australians, these Islamic protesters do not represent all Muslims.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Q. wrote:Just as the Adelaide Occupy protesters did not represent all South Australians, these Islamic protesters do not represent all Muslims.

call it what you like moderates or extremists, they are all ratbags and have no place here. If you doubt that please take yourself to Lakemba in Sydney and see how they (Muslim so called moderates) have completely stuffed - rooted - a once lovely Kath and Kym style Aussie suburb.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:
Q. wrote:Just as the Adelaide Occupy protesters did not represent all South Australians, these Islamic protesters do not represent all Muslims.

call it what you like moderates or extremists, they are all ratbags and have no place here. If you doubt that please take yourself to Lakemba in Sydney and see how they (Muslim so called moderates) have completely stuffed - rooted - a once lovely Kath and Kym style Aussie suburb.

I am friends with Muslims here in Adelaide and they are all beautiful people.

You seem hellbent on infecting these forums with your tired brand of xenophobia and racism. I'd pity your fear of the world if you weren't such a contemptible human being.
Q.
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Q. wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:

I am friends with Muslims here in Adelaide and they are all beautiful people.

You seem hellbent on infecting these forums with your tired brand of xenophobia and racism. I'd pity your fear of the world if you weren't such a contemptible human being.

what a joke! I have every right to pour scorn on these people. They ridicule Christians and behead people who speak out against Islam. Look at the signs those drop kicks and their children were holding up in Sydney on Saturday. Do your beautiful friends condone this? Why can't I retalliate? Tell me I am wrong.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm

No, they don't condone it. The protesters are fools, but they do not speak for all.
Q.
Coach

Things that make you sad.

Postby RustyCage » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Surely there are laws against inciting racial violence. Everyone involved in the protests should be locked up
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Q. wrote:No, they don't condone it. The protesters are fools, but they do not speak for all.

okay Q I agree with you. No point in fighting among ourselves. Your attitude is commendable while mine is probably radical. This a free and democratic country so we can both have vastly differing views and still co-exist. Nothing you say is going to tempt me to strap a bomb to my body and knock on your door and pull the cord when you or your family members open it.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Booney wrote:I had numerous things make me sad on Saturday.

Its all just beginning.

:lol: :lol: Sorry.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:
Q. wrote:No, they don't condone it. The protesters are fools, but they do not speak for all.

okay Q I agree with you. No point in fighting among ourselves. Your attitude is commendable while mine is probably radical. This a free and democratic country so we can both have vastly differing views and still co-exist. Nothing you say is going to tempt me to strap a bomb to my body and knock on your door and pull the cord when you or your family members open it.

And don't be tempted to drop cluster bombs on me from a Super Hornet ;)

You are right, this is a free and democratic country and they have every right to protest the film (as ******* absurd as that notion is to me), but don't have the right to do so in a violent and aggressive manner.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 pm

And to offer perspective. 400 people protested the film in Tehran. Tehran, a city with a population of 7 million in a country of 75 million.

Extreme points of views will always butt heads.
Q.
Coach

Postby scoob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Q. wrote:And to offer perspective. 400 people protested the film in Tehran. Tehran, a city with a population of 7 million in a country of 75 million.

Not if we behead every extremist (on both sides)! ;)
scoob
Veteran

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm

scoob wrote:
Q. wrote:And to offer perspective. 400 people protested the film in Tehran. Tehran, a city with a population of 7 million in a country of 75 million.

Not if we behead every extremist (on both sides)! ;)

Nah, put them in chaff bags and throw them out to sea :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Q. wrote: I am friends with Muslims here in Adelaide and they are all beautiful people.
I agree with Q. that we should not go over the top.
I have had Muslim acquaintances too who were nice people, mainly when I was working in Melbourne.

My recent concern was that the pleasant ones have seemed to not be prepared to oppose the nasty ones.
However, there are two bits of god news that offer hope on Yahoo7:
Outraged members of Sydney's Muslim community told police about incendiary text messages before a violent protest erupted over a video mocking Islam.
Immigration Minister Chris Bowen has indicated he may cancel the visas of any "non-citizens" charged after the weekend's violent protests in Sydney.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Psyber wrote:
Q. wrote: I am friends with Muslims here in Adelaide and they are all beautiful people.
I agree with Q. that we should not go over the top.
I have had Muslim acquaintances too who were nice people, mainly when I was working in Melbourne.

My recent concern was that the pleasant ones have seemed to not be prepared to oppose the nasty ones.
However, there are two bits of god news that offer hope on Yahoo7:
Outraged members of Sydney's Muslim community told police about incendiary text messages before a violent protest erupted over a video mocking Islam.
Immigration Minister Chris Bowen has indicated he may cancel the visas of any "non-citizens" charged after the weekend's violent protests in Sydney.

If Chris Bowen's threat is serious and gets put into place and the nightly tv news has vision of these people being yarded up the boarding steps to a QANTAS jet bound for the Middle East or wherever, you can expect Labor to get another huge bounce in the polls. That makes me sad
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion