Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:I had numerous things make me sad on Saturday.

But in the main it was the blocked toilets being unblocked with a high pressure wash and backwashing out of a trap under the lino in my kitchen that I never knew about and flooding my kitchen with about 2cm of shit.

A bookcase that has been in place in the corner of our kitchen/laundry since we moved in and covered one corner was housing an old outside trap ( the house was added onto prior to our living there ) and the pressure from the blockage found somewhere to release, into my kitchen / laundry area.

Hazchem cleaners out at 11pm Saturday night, plumber at $61/15 minutes. $660 for the plumber and insurance company took care of the cleaner.

Its all just beginning.

:lol: :lol: Sorry.

Thanks mate... I appreciate the support.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Psyber » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Sky Pilot wrote: If Chris Bowen's threat is serious and gets put into place and the nightly tv news has vision of these people being yarded up the boarding steps to a QANTAS jet bound for the Middle East or wherever, you can expect Labor to get another huge bounce in the polls. That makes me sad
I was assuming he only meant it to apply to core ring leaders in the violence, or repeat offenders.
Or possibly those who have been involved in planning things like this, and under surveillance for a while.
Maybe a dozen or so...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Psyber wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote: If Chris Bowen's threat is serious and gets put into place and the nightly tv news has vision of these people being yarded up the boarding steps to a QANTAS jet bound for the Middle East or wherever, you can expect Labor to get another huge bounce in the polls. That makes me sad
I was assuming he only meant it to apply to core ring leaders in the violence, or repeat offenders.
Or possibly those who have been involved in planning things like this, and under surveillance for a while.
Maybe a dozen or so...

I doubt it'll happen. They'll just lock up a few dozen more in Villawood. :evil:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Psyber wrote:
Maybe a dozen or so...

I doubt it'll happen. They'll just lock up a few dozen more in Villawood. :evil:

Most of them are probably Australian born so what does that say about their upbringing and love for their mother country, whichever one it is?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Dirko » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Let me get this straight...

They were offended by a US "film" which they watched on a US broadcasting mechanism (You Tube), which was maybe run on a US computer (Mac / Dell) or maybe even their iPad/iPhone. They decided to protest and half of 'em had Nike shoes on (wait a minute), Lonsdale jumpers (yeah yeah they're British but hell close enough) and they want the US infidels to burn in hell....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Psyber » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 am

SJABC wrote:Let me get this straight...

They were offended by a US "film" which they watched on a US broadcasting mechanism (You Tube), which was maybe run on a US computer (Mac / Dell) or maybe even their iPad/iPhone. They decided to protest and half of 'em had Nike shoes on (wait a minute), Lonsdale jumpers (yeah yeah they're British but hell close enough) and they want the US infidels to burn in hell....
And, according to a report on the ABC last night, the majority of those interviewed by the media had not actually viewed it at all, but had only heard about it from others. They appear to be aggression prone followers stirred up by hot heads who need to be prosecuted.
Psyber
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 am

personally, why they were protesting is irrelevant. i have attended a couple of rallies in the past, most notably the march down main north road to save NAFC (thanks wedgie), and while i felt strongly about the reason we were marching, i realise that not everyone agreed with our cause (particularly some of the drivers we inconvenienced, and didnt they let us know about it). we were however entitled to express ourselves in that way, and had the support of the police who were notified and assisted with traffic control. no one got violent, no one damaged property and no one got arrested.

if the sydney protest was a recognised event (i believe that "permission" is supposed to be sought for such a demonstration, although i may be wrong) i dont have the slightest issue with it, despite the fact that i think their reason is silly. they dont think the reason is silly, and this world takes all kinds. however, no matter how strongly they felt about their reason for protesting, our society here in australia does not think threats of violence (the placards), actual violence (the individual that was attacked, as well as police) and vandalism (the property damage) is appropriate at any form of protest.

i also feel the same way about any other protest that turns violent or starts to vandalise things. the anti nuclear protests at roxby in the past come to mind (for the vandalism side of things, i dont recall them ever getting violent). whether i agree or disagree with their reasons for protesting is irrelevant, they are entitled to do it. however as soon as they cross the line and vandalise property, incite violence, or actually carry through with said violence they need to have the full force of the law come crashing down on them hard.

remove the whole religion thing from this recent protest, and it is just about a group of wankers using the protest as an excuse to smash some stuff up (i actually suspect that at least some of the violent ones couldnt care less about the film and were just after an excuse). they need to be dealt with as harshly as the law allows to send the message to any others that turning a protest violent is not on, no matter how strongly you feel about the issue.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby HH3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:23 am

All this is likely to do is alienate them furthur in our society.

How can anyone take people seriously that believe so much in a make believe story, that they'll kill over it. How can sensible people believe in this crap? It really has me dumbfounded.

I can see this starting another Cronulla Riots.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tipper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 am

HH3 wrote:All this is likely to do is alienate them furthur in our society.

How can anyone take people seriously that believe so much in a make believe story, that they'll kill over it. How can sensible people believe in this crap? It really has me dumbfounded.

i also agree with that. unfortunately i am the sort of person that feels the need to provoke people, just to get a reaction. like when at school someone says "dont call me that or ill smash you", guess what i called them from then on... (basically im an arsehole)

i find it mystifying that a group of people would threaten to behead people that insult their imaginary friends best friend (lets face it, they are upset that a film is having a go at a prophet, not the actual god from what i understand). however as i said above, i dont have a problem with them protesting, just with the violence they seem to find is an appropriate response. im glad there wasnt similar protests here in adelaide, as knowing me i probably would have walked up to the first person with a beheading sign and called mohommad a nasty name, and would have promptly had the living tar kicked out of me.

for the record i dont subscribe to any religion, but if someone wants to have imaginary friends its fine with me, just keep them to yourselves, whichever particular imaginary being you happen to subscribe to (apart from the flying spaghetti monster of course)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby HH3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:55 am

tipper wrote:

i also agree with that. unfortunately i am the sort of person that feels the need to provoke people, just to get a reaction. like when at school someone says "dont call me that or ill smash you", guess what i called them from then on... (basically im an arsehole)

i find it mystifying that a group of people would threaten to behead people that insult their imaginary friends best friend (lets face it, they are upset that a film is having a go at a prophet, not the actual god from what i understand). however as i said above, i dont have a problem with them protesting, just with the violence they seem to find is an appropriate response. im glad there wasnt similar protests here in adelaide, as knowing me i probably would have walked up to the first person with a beheading sign and called mohommad a nasty name, and would have promptly had the living tar kicked out of me.

for the record i dont subscribe to any religion, but if someone wants to have imaginary friends its fine with me, just keep them to yourselves, whichever particular imaginary being you happen to subscribe to (apart from the flying spaghetti monster of course)

Also, i dont understand why they thought moving to a Western country would be a good idea if they hate westerners? I understand that a lot of the protesters may have born here, but surely their parents/grandparents had to have some sort of knowledge of Australia before packing up and moving.

Do they not look at Middle Eastern countries and wonder why theres so much violence and bloodshed between their own. Its all down to religion. Nothing else. They got a new start here. Sure, believe in whatever faith you want. But do it peacefully, otherwise you'll either **** this country too, or be forever looked down on by the rest of the country.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Deport them all before the ruin Australia like they have Britain.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I agree 100% HH. The one's who grow up in the environment are taught about it from day one and they accept it which shows how weak-minded and free of logic thought they are. The one's who bother me the most are those who come from different backgrounds and cultures but convert to Islam. So as free thinking adults they openly embrace this huge furphy without question. They obviously have a huge gap in their lives and this fulfils it. Beyond me. :roll:
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Below is a list of things Islam has contributed to society in the past 200 years.

Squids
Coach

Postby scoob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Squids wrote:Below is a list of things Islam has contributed to society in the past 200 years.

They have brought the burka and beheadings into vogue.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Good to see leaders for Melbournes muslim association come out and say they hope the planned protest in Melbourne this weekend is peaceful and urging people not to do anything stupid
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Dog_ger » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Squids wrote:Below is a list of things Islam has contributed to society in the past 200 years.

They have brought non-understandable violence to our shores.

With very young children holding rediculous signs up saying stupid talk.

Shame... :-q
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Squids
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Psyber wrote:And, according to a report on the ABC last night, the majority of those interviewed by the media had not actually viewed it at all, but had only heard about it from others.

Do you remember hordes of Xians picketing the cinema formerly in Hindley St ("My Fair Lady", wasn't it?) when showing flicks like Hail Mary and The Last Temptation Of Christ? Anyone trying to see the films were set upon and smote by the wrath of an angry Xian. Pity that none of them had actually seen the film in question, and were behaving only 'coz their shepherds had heard vague reports of certain blasphemies occurring on screen and conveyed their disgust ti the flock.

See, it ain't just the mussies...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby HH3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Psyber wrote:And, according to a report on the ABC last night, the majority of those interviewed by the media had not actually viewed it at all, but had only heard about it from others.

Do you remember hordes of Xians picketing the cinema formerly in Hindley St ("My Fair Lady", wasn't it?) when showing flicks like Hail Mary and The Last Temptation Of Christ? Anyone trying to see the films were set upon and smote by the wrath of an angry Xian. Pity that none of them had actually seen the film in question, and were behaving only 'coz their shepherds had heard vague reports of certain blasphemies occurring on screen and conveyed their disgust ti the flock.

Religion in general is idiotic
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:07 pm

HH3 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Religion in general is idiotic
I tend to that view too although I don't usually say so to religious acquaintances unless they push me to the point where I have to comment.
Last edited by Psyber on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyber
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion