Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Benny, God set the ball rolling and then left the world in our hands... He isn't going to impose in every situation.

Well that may be true of some other god. But not the Christian god we are told to pray to to forgive us our sins. Or else.

I’m prepared to potentially believe in a “maker”

Nothing in physics describes what happened before the Big Bang or what made the Big Bang.

But the Christian god (or any of the other interventionist abrahamahic ones especially) are just patently rubbish

Sounds to me Benny that you do believe in God, you just don't like how He works...

Or because you dont understand it, it can't be true...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:07 pm

MW wrote:Up to you what you believe. Easy way out is to pin tragedy on religion
And you sir can go forth and multiply :lol:

I’m not pinning it on religion mate. It’s random shitty chance. But I’m not taking any comfort in that random shitty chance like what religion would tell me to do.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:08 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Benny, God set the ball rolling and then left the world in our hands... He isn't going to impose in every situation.

Well that may be true of some other god. But not the Christian god we are told to pray to to forgive us our sins. Or else.

Nothing in physics describes what happened before the Big Bang or what made the Big Bang.

But the Christian god (or any of the other interventionist abrahamahic ones especially) are just patently rubbish

Sounds to me Benny that you do believe in God, you just don't like how He works...

No I refuse to believe in any god that works like he purports to work
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

So then you can't blame Him for your cousins cancer then hey...

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Don’t mean to disparage others that do believe either. If it helps you sleep at night I’m not going to argue you out of that as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else. (Which it often does but not for NG or MW I’m sure)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:[quote="nuggety goodness"]
Benny, God set the ball rolling and then left the world in our hands... He isn't going to impose in every situation.

So then you can't blame Him for your cousins cancer then hey...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/quote]

So it’s not gods doing that a 4 year old dies from cancer? God sees and knows all.

You are not describing the Christian god at all.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Im saying that if YOU dont believe in God then how can you blame Him?

Benny, think hypothetically here...

Say my daughter becomes a crack addict and continues to use drugs while pregnant then my grandson/granddaughter develops a dependency on drugs and ultimately dies young of a disease that i had nothing to do with.

Guarantee i would have tried to help or at least been available for my daughter to talk to but she fobbed me off or just ignored my advice. Is it my fault the child died?

On your logic yes because i created her mother who made the bad decisions...

The truth is you nailed it in the first reply but again you dont like that answer...

It makes me sad that you turned away from God in a time that He could have helped you the most... He still loves you mate and my offer to catch up and chat stands...

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm

thats a completely different scenario to a 4 year old dying of cancer.

if your daughter becomes a crack addict thats on her. may be a tragic set of circumstances, i dont think you can ever play the blame game.

but a 4 year old dying of cancer? or my friends' baby dying during childbirth?

yeah if a kind and loving god lets that happen to innocent little kids then he can get fked.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 pm

But god let her become a drug addict
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:36 pm

MW wrote:But god let her become a drug addict

What’s your point? I’m not saying everything is gods doing any nobody has a say or personal responsibility.

But how does that apply to a little kid? I’m all ears if you can tell me how a little kid dying is something that a loving god should allow to happen.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:
MW wrote:But god let her become a drug addict

What’s your point? I’m not saying everything is gods doing any nobody has a say or personal responsibility.

But how does that apply to a little kid? I’m all ears if you can tell me how a little kid dying is something that a loving god should allow to happen.
What should God have done Benny?

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:41 pm

I think simply put you are rightly upset about the child's death and angry it happened
I'll leave it at that
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 pm

MW wrote:I think simply put you are rightly upset about the child's death and angry it happened
I'll leave it at that

it was 15 years ago. so im not angry at anyone. just strengthens my resolve that shitty things happen and its just bad luck sometimes. so make the most of it. and dont worry about what some god might do to me.

nuggety goodness wrote:What should God have done Benny?

i still dont know why, if there was a kind and loving god, that he would let stuff like that happen. i would have thought if god was all seeing and all knowing and could reward and punish good and bad behaviour, like we are told... that he wouldnt let little kids die that don't have the ability to change that... and he also wouldnt let a kiddy fiddler get to the third most important position in the catholic church.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:10 pm

bennymacca wrote:
MW wrote:I think simply put you are rightly upset about the child's death and angry it happened
I'll leave it at that

it was 15 years ago. so im not angry at anyone. just strengthens my resolve that shitty things happen and its just bad luck sometimes. so make the most of it. and dont worry about what some god might do to me.

i still dont know why, if there was a kind and loving god, that he would let stuff like that happen. i would have thought if god was all seeing and all knowing and could reward and punish good and bad behaviour, like we are told... that he wouldnt let little kids die that don't have the ability to change that... and he also wouldnt let a kiddy fiddler get to the third most important position in the catholic church.

We will never know the why...

God will reward good and punish bad, but He sets the rules on what is good and bad so when determining who is good and bad you better use His measuring stick, not our own... be careful what you ask for...

The catholic church is another beast in and of itself, one that horrifies me at the double standards and sheer deception. But unfortunately there are many stories, even in other churches that aren't catholic where those things have taken place. Some people have bad intentions and alterior motives but what can you do?!?

Those stories are a disservice to all faiths unfortunately but they dont represent all churches and they certainly arent following the God the bible describes. They will receive their punishment.

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:17 am

Lordy....

Pun intended.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby shoe boy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
I'll leave it at that

We will never know the why...

God will reward good and punish bad, but He sets the rules on what is good and bad so when determining who is good and bad you better use His measuring stick, not our own... be careful what you ask for...

The catholic church is another beast in and of itself, one that horrifies me at the double standards and sheer deception. But unfortunately there are many stories, even in other churches that aren't catholic where those things have taken place. Some people have bad intentions and alterior motives but what can you do?!?

Those stories are a disservice to all faiths unfortunately but they dont represent all churches and they certainly arent following the God the bible describes. They will receive their punishment.

Religion is an advertising campaign for a product that doesn't exist !
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Well then he's a fool.

"Here's a dick, feels great when you stroke it, I'm not hanging around but whatever you do don't stroke it."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:The truth is we all have an appointment with God, whether old or young.

The "truth"? :lol:

You simply cannot prove anything relating to any type of god is "truth", it's belief and there's a markedly different reality to what is the "truth" and what is belief.

I believe I can run a marathon, the truth is I'm no chance.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 pm

I had an appointment with God once, when he was the marketing manager for North Adelaide.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:I had an appointment with God once, when he was the marketing manager for North Adelaide.

Don't think Cornesy has ever had that role... ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion