Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The interview with their dad was devastating.

That took some balls, I don’t think I could have done that
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 am

Brodlach wrote:

That took some balls, I don’t think I could have done that

Definitely not, I doubt that it’s sunk in yet for him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Heard that last night, and on friday the **** that mounted the kerb on morphett st last year, was in court trying to weasel his way out of it.
Just makes you feel sick
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:14 pm

Absolutely tragic.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:36 pm

Was, in total shock.

Just watched a live interview with the Deputy Police Commissioner, went for 8 minutes and he was teary all the way through it.

A tragic event which will affect a hell of a lot of people for the rest of their lives.

RIP little ones
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby stan » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:41 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Heard that last night, and on friday the **** that mounted the kerb on morphett st last year, was in court trying to weasel his way out of it.
Just makes you feel sick
Back many years ago I work with this girl who registered over the limit when when she was out with her friends. What I found most staggering was the amount of rights she had in terms of any further testing and court appearances and how she could go about keeping her licence etc.

It was truly staggering really. I mean you blow over the limit, drink driving surely the book gets thrown at you...Surely. turns out not so much.

In the case of the Morphett road incident, well the result of that is clear, but it seems they always have to somehow get out of it.

Just blown away really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 am

My boss, originally from the UK, was amazed at not only the acceptance of "having a couple and driving" in Australia but that people caught over the limit keep their jobs, their friends even. He said in the UK if you got done DUI you'd lose your job ( even if driving wasn't part of your role ) and you would most certainly lose friends through it.

Our culture of "If you drink drive you're a bloody idiot, but if you get away with it you're a bloody legend" is still very much alive. Sadly.

I'm not sure what the answer is, fines and potential incarceration don't seem to be working.

Incredibly sad event, I don't know how that man stood and spoke as he did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:45 am

Booney wrote:My boss, originally from the UK, was amazed at not only the acceptance of "having a couple and driving" in Australia but that people caught over the limit keep their jobs, their friends even. He said in the UK if you got done DUI you'd lose your job ( even if driving wasn't part of your role ) and you would most certainly lose friends through it.

Our culture of "If you drink drive you're a bloody idiot, but if you get away with it you're a bloody legend" is still very much alive. Sadly.

I'm not sure what the answer is, fines and potential incarceration don't seem to be working.

exactly, it seems to be a rite of passage here
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby stan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:29 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:My boss, originally from the UK, was amazed at not only the acceptance of "having a couple and driving" in Australia but that people caught over the limit keep their jobs, their friends even. He said in the UK if you got done DUI you'd lose your job ( even if driving wasn't part of your role ) and you would most certainly lose friends through it.

exactly, it seems to be a rite of passage here
Agree with you guys here, the message doesn't seem to get through about drink driving and it doesn't help that you don't really get the book thrown at you that hard.

I mean I always thought, drink driving and get caught that you were stuffed. Turns out you can almost get out of it and in some cases get away without conviction.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 am

Whatever floats your boat....but....the Mum of these kids last night didn't seem to have too many issues with the driver. Said she didn't hate him as they'd always taught the kids to pray to the rosary and read the bible and she was comforted by knowing they are in a better place.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:31 am

Booney wrote:Whatever floats your boat....but....the Mum of these kids last night didn't seem to have too many issues with the driver. Said she didn't hate him as they'd always taught the kids to pray to the rosary and read the bible and she was comforted by knowing they are in a better place.

I know religion has a lot of bad elements to it (like REAL bad in many cases), but the comfort and help it brings to many people often get's overlooked by those who aren't into it. I finally managed to bring myself to watch the father speaking last night, as a father myself it was one of the toughest things I've seen/heard in a long time.

As for drink driving (along with several others), the laws either need to increase the level of punishment or they need to be applied properly. It's a scourge on society and needs to be seriously addressed.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:56 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Whatever floats your boat....but....the Mum of these kids last night didn't seem to have too many issues with the driver. Said she didn't hate him as they'd always taught the kids to pray to the rosary and read the bible and she was comforted by knowing they are in a better place.

I know religion has a lot of bad elements to it (like REAL bad in many cases), but the comfort and help it brings to many people often get's overlooked by those who aren't into it. I finally managed to bring myself to watch the father speaking last night, as a father myself it was one of the toughest things I've seen/heard in a long time.

As for drink driving (along with several others), the laws either need to increase the level of punishment or they need to be applied properly. It's a scourge on society and needs to be seriously addressed.

Agree with both of you. If religion is the thing that gets you through the tough times, then so be it.

I'm constantly amazed at people who are on the wrong side of events like this and can forgive the wrongdoer. I'm not sure I could.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 am

beautiful song... I haven't lost my dad but this got me right in the feels

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:57 pm

16 year old lad dying on the weekend in Port Lincoln from chroming. I coached him in basketball and used to drop him home after. He was best mates with my Son who also at 16 is devastated. Tough bloody lesson.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby JK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:16 year old lad dying on the weekend in Port Lincoln from chroming. I coached him in basketball and used to drop him home after. He was best mates with my Son who also at 16 is devastated. Tough bloody lesson.

I had no idea this was a thing til today and this is now the 2nd time I've heard of it. Real sorry for your loss mate, that's tragic :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:17 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:16 year old lad dying on the weekend in Port Lincoln from chroming. I coached him in basketball and used to drop him home after. He was best mates with my Son who also at 16 is devastated. Tough bloody lesson.

Very sad.

I hope your son wasn't/isn't doing the same thing.

I dont understand chroming. I can even stand being in a room when I spray BO Basher under my armpits, How anyone can deliberately sniff it is beyond me
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm

JK wrote:

I had no idea this was a thing til today and this is now the 2nd time I've heard of it. Real sorry for your loss mate, that's tragic :(
A quick Google on 'chroming death' and it appears to be a huge problem in Queensland.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby JK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
JK wrote:

A quick Google on 'chroming death' and it appears to be a huge problem in Queensland.

Just read up a bit on it, scary shit, especially when aerosols are so easily accessible
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:42 pm

heater31 wrote:
JK wrote:

They had something on A Current Affair last week about it, 12 - 13 year old kids doing it with a sock covering the can. $4 to get “high”

Sorry for your loss WCP
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:27 am

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:
JK wrote:

They had something on A Current Affair last week about it, 12 - 13 year old kids doing it with a sock covering the can. $4 to get “high”

Sorry for your loss WCP

We had a good mates brother die from chroming 25 years ago. Never understood it myself.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion