Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm

That's shitty LM.

I used to work with a guy that passed away 15 odd years ago from the Big C, I see his son semi-regularly in social settings, he doesn't know I used to work with his old man, but I want to approach him and have a chat about his Dad as he was a ripping bloke, but I just can't seem to find the right time or moment to get the courage to do it. I know he would appreciate me doing it and some of the good memories I could share with him, but finding it really hard to do.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:That's shitty LM.

I used to work with a guy that passed away 15 odd years ago from the Big C, I see his son semi-regularly in social settings, he doesn't know I used to work with his old man, but I want to approach him and have a chat about his Dad as he was a ripping bloke, but I just can't seem to find the right time or moment to get the courage to do it. I know he would appreciate me doing it and some of the good memories I could share with him, but finding it really hard to do.

Share those memories before they fade from yours and they are lost to him forever, would be my advice.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:

Share those memories before they fade from yours and they are lost to him forever, would be my advice.

I'll re-iterate what Booney has said, there's nothing better than hearing an old anecdote about your father from an unsuspecting source.

I don't know if I'm a stranger cat than I think or what but I struggle to say to people "Sorry for your loss" if it's post funeral or at work.

It's because when dad died I just wanted to get on with what I had to do and deal with my pain alone and in the confinement of my own home or with my kids. If anyone at work said those words, it just broke me there and then.

Years later though, we joke and laugh about the good times and I love hearing stories from some of his workmates etc.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 pm

Magellan wrote:Sorry for your loss, too, LM. I hope you find some peace soon. Whilst it’s unfortunate that you can’t be there for his funeral to say farewell, there’ll be somewhere you can go to pay your respects to him and your mateship.

Yeah mate, my colleague has returned and started filling me in with who was there from the past etc.

I just told him straight out that I couldn't believe that he didn't tell me or that we weren't notified by an internal email, he feels shit about it and has offered to take me to the wake if I can organise getting the wife to collect my car.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Thats really quite a ****** up situation LM and quite strange.

Hopefully you can make it to the wake.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Thats really quite a ****** up situation LM and quite strange.

Hopefully you can make it to the wake.

Somewhat of a conspiracy theory perhaps, to stop having everyone attend?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Grenville » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:37 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Sorry to hear that LM. Condolences.

I feel like a heartless prick, we were pretty good mates and I'm not even there for his funeral.

Everyone will have their own outlook on funerals mate - Personally I always try to attend, but you don't need to be at a funeral to know how much you cared about someone or replay in your mind the memories of times shared with someone.

Sorry for your loss mate, don't beat yourself up for not being at the funeral, it doesn't change your relationship and feelings for him.

Agreed, nothing to feel heartless about lad. A bit of quiet reflection can be as much a tribute to someone as a formal occasion. Condolences.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I'll re-iterate what Booney has said, there's nothing better than hearing an old anecdote about your father from an unsuspecting source.

I don't know if I'm a stranger cat than I think or what but I struggle to say to people "Sorry for your loss" if it's post funeral or at work.

It's because when dad died I just wanted to get on with what I had to do and deal with my pain alone and in the confinement of my own home or with my kids. If anyone at work said those words, it just broke me there and then.

Years later though, we joke and laugh about the good times and I love hearing stories from some of his workmates etc.

Good advice Lads, and yep I know he would love to hear a story or two about his old man, he was only a teenager himself when he passed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:53 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Sorry to hear that LM. Condolences.

I feel like a heartless prick, we were pretty good mates and I'm not even there for his funeral.

Everyone will have their own outlook on funerals mate - Personally I always try to attend, but you don't need to be at a funeral to know how much you cared about someone or replay in your mind the memories of times shared with someone.

Sorry for your loss mate, don't beat yourself up for not being at the funeral, it doesn't change your relationship and feelings for him.

I agree.

Had this discussion on here recently but I don't hold a lot of weight on attending the funeral (I always attend funerals though due to it being the 'right' thing to do)

I will always remember my deceased friends/family from the time spent with them alive, not the funeral service. I cant even remember where my nans funeral was from 17 years ago but I have some great childhood memories such as helping her deliver the pamphlets as a 5 year old by literally running between the houses. The deal was once the job was done she would take me to watch Centrals. Geez I was fit back then.

If they are someone close to me the closure does not end at the funeral for mine, I would like to think I am there for the grieving family on more than one day as the process takes longer than just a funeral.

Definitely don't beat yourself up, the relationship you had with the person whilst alive is the only thing that counts, not your attendance at the funeral.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:18 am

whufc wrote:If they are someone close to me the closure does not end at the funeral for mine, I would like to think I am there for the grieving family on more than one day as the process takes longer than just a funeral.

Definitely don't beat yourself up, the relationship you had with the person whilst alive is the only thing that counts, not your attendance at the funeral.

Well said, whufc.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:10 pm

not that this compares to some of the recent posts in this thread, but it makes me sad that my "little girl" is no longer quite so little.

she is nearly 10, and she confronted us last night claiming to know that the Tooth fairy isnt real.

we fessed up, sort of, but also told her "if you want to recieve, you must believe" with a wink. and she gets it.

its probably only a matter of hours now till she connects that to the Bunny and the fat man in the red suit :(
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:22 pm

The three kids who died in the house fire in the Hunter Valley. Can't imagine.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 pm

tipper wrote:not that this compares to some of the recent posts in this thread, but it makes me sad that my "little girl" is no longer quite so little.

she is nearly 10, and she confronted us last night claiming to know that the Tooth fairy isnt real.

we fessed up, sort of, but also told her "if you want to recieve, you must believe" with a wink. and she gets it.

its probably only a matter of hours now till she connects that to the Bunny and the fat man in the red suit :(

It's no fun when they lose their innocence.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm

tipper wrote:not that this compares to some of the recent posts in this thread, but it makes me sad that my "little girl" is no longer quite so little.

Did it tipper over the edge?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:56 pm

As tipper said this doesn't compare to previous posts but i got to see my youngest daughters kindy report card today. 99% of it makes me very happy, shes doing really well. BUT my youngest has trouble with her speech, and can be hard to understand at times and on her report it said it affects her play with the other kids sometimes... I know that seems minor and my youngest probably gives zero f****. She is getting speech path through kindy but i just want her to be able to communicate the way she wants too and not get teased or pushed a side because she has this issue. She's such a little champion and such a unique character
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby JK » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:54 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:As tipper said this doesn't compare to previous posts but i got to see my youngest daughters kindy report card today. 99% of it makes me very happy, shes doing really well. BUT my youngest has trouble with her speech, and can be hard to understand at times and on her report it said it affects her play with the other kids sometimes... I know that seems minor and my youngest probably gives zero f****. She is getting speech path through kindy but i just want her to be able to communicate the way she wants too and not get teased or pushed a side because she has this issue. She's such a little champion and such a unique character

Made me sad reading it mate, difficult stuff for kids always does. Great that she has such a loving, interested and supportive parent mate. Hopefully in the long run when any issues are well behind her the whole experience has helped her develop a level of resilience not seen in a lot of kids these days.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:28 pm

This entry could probably fit in any of the "Things that ..." threads.

Missus is taking the kids back to the homeland this coming Saturday. I fear my lads are in for a fair culture shock over there, but I'm happy they'll be getting to meet family for the first time (missus will be too).

So I rate baching it for 3 weeks, but I struggle not seeing my kids when they go on a 2 day school camp, so kinda nervous about not seeing them for 3 weeks.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

JK wrote:This entry could probably fit in any of the "Things that ..." threads.

Missus is taking the kids back to the homeland this coming Saturday. I fear my lads are in for a fair culture shock over there, but I'm happy they'll be getting to meet family for the first time (missus will be too).

So I rate baching it for 3 weeks, but I struggle not seeing my kids when they go on a 2 day school camp, so kinda nervous about not seeing them for 3 weeks.

Wait until the prospect ( he is, soon ) of them moving out dawns upon you. Very odd feelings.

You'll be fine mate, 3 weeks will fly bye.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Where's the home land?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Where's the home land?

Elizabeth
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion